TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Guest Smues
First video of the new Zelda game

looks freaking awesome. the DS seems to be kick ass. wish I had one.

Holy shit I think I just came in my pants. I can't wait for that to come out, do they have a tentative release period yet? and how long until people start bitching about the 'childish cartoon graphics'?

The ability to download TG16 games with the Revolution actually sounds pretty cool, considering that there aren't any good TurboGrafx emulators that you don't have to pay for.

Guest Smues

TG16 games on the Revolution? Yay now I'll be able to play Bonk and......ummm..........umm.....Kieth Courage in the Alpha Zones! and....ummm......uhh....Legendary Axe 2! Oh yeah and that crappy basketball game whose name escapes me.

Sony just announced at GDC that the PS3 will be region free! The raping of PAL territories ceases in the next generation (in the Sony camp at least).

I highly doubt it will be completely region free(ie PSP games are but movies aren't) but if it's true, kudos to Sony, hopefully a few other companies will be a tad less paranoid as well.

But will it play the TG CD games like the Castlevania game Rondo de Blood (?) which is suppose to be the greatest version of Dracula X ever made.

It's the only "version" of Dracula X, right? The SNES game is Dracula XX and is a different game, and although SotN is considering part of the same "series" it's not a "version" of the game. It bridged the gap between the old school titles and Castletroid.

It would be great to see. Considering that Konami cracked down on distribution of the ISO, I thought they had plans to release it here (IGA likes the game and has pushed for it, but nothing came of it).

Renegade has played it and says it's a good game, but is screaming for an arranged mode because of the cheap hits, which makes it rather unbalanced and frustrating.

Konami's distribution of the Castlevania franchise from one system to another has caused some confusion. So what are the "series", where does the canon start and where does it end?

Is it TG16CD Rondo de Blood, SNES Dracula X, Genesis Bloodlines, PSX SOTN, SEGA Saturn? My head is going to explode Scanners style after thinking about this.

The localized titles lead to confusion.

Dracula X: Rondo of Blood is followed by Dracula XX on SNES, which is followed by Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight (aka SotN). If Richter is in it, it's a Drac X game, basically (Saturn/PSX versions are basically the same for story purposes).

IGA struck CV Legends, Circle of the Moon and the N64 games from the canon. Everything else is assumed canon except for the parody games/appearances.

"where does the canon start and where does it end"

Currently--

Lament of Innocence starts it, and the game that takes place last chronologically is Dawn of Sorrow.

The games are ordered here:

http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/storyline.html

Storyline conflicts, mistranslations, and localization (Japan never had the Poltergeist King who gave Trevor the VK in CV3) have led to the storyline making absolutely no bloody sense, and Iga hasn't helped at all.

Guest Askewniverse

GTA: San Andreas (PS2) is on sale for $9.99 at Circuit City, so I finally bought it. Yeah, I may be a year and a half too late, but I refuse to pay over $30 for a single game.

I also picked up God of War and R&C: UYA. I haven't tried UYA yet, but GoW is pretty damn good.

Godfather got a 7.9 from IGN. Is anybody picking it up tommorow??

Best part of the game so far, one of the guys you have to bribe (at the restaurant where Michael kills Solozzo) was named 'Tito Santana'.

Guest NYankees

I am loving the Godfather game. It could use a little bit more depth but very fun.

I am loving the Godfather game. It could use a little bit more depth but very fun.

I'm shocked there is no thread for the game yet.

I'm gonna try and rent it soon

Source: ign

GDC 06: Metal Slug Collection

Stuff the classic action series in your trousers.

by Juan Castro

March 23, 2006 - SNK showed off a few of its upcoming titles today, right in the middle of the Game Developer's Conference in San Jose, California. Among them was a pocket compilation of the Metal Slug series, titled Metal Slug Compilation. It packs Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5. That's a whole lot of metallic slug to stuff in your pocket. But hey, it'll fit just fine.

The compilation marks the 10-year anniversary of the arcade original, which appeared on the Neo-Geo MVS platform. Obviously, the game made quite an impression with audiences worldwide and became an instant hit. So now, there's two Metal Slug games coming out, one for the PSP and the other for the Nintendo GBA. But the GBA iteration isn't the topic of discussion today - it's the Sony compilation.

Fans know the Metal Slug series stands on three pillars of goodness. They are, in no particular order, wicked-cool hand-drawn animation, frenetic action and humor. But for the uninitiated, just know players take control of a soldier in two-dimensional, sidescrolling battlefields chock full of tanks, helicopters and other weapons of war. Each iteration in the long-running franchise turned things up a notch in terms of presentation, but the gameplay remained largely unchanged.

As previously mentioned, there's a whole lot of game to contend with in MSC. Developers promise a perfect port with each title, too, and from an early playtest it certainly seems that way. While still very early in development, the title shows a lot of promise, particularly for those looking for 2D action. Slowdown was indeed apparent, as were a few other graphical glitches, but it's nothing a little development time can't fix.

As far as the action goes, however, things are decidedly 1996. And in this case, that's a very good thing. You'll still spend a majority of your time blasting enemy troops and vehicles. The environments boast a fair bit of destructibility as well, and it's still rewarding finding that specific barrel or shack that'd bring down the entire screen. And, just as before, you'll need to save POWs scattered about every stage. Your weapons are also upgradeable, just as before. In short, it's Metal Slug.

As for PSP exclusive features, developers say you can expect two-player wireless cooperative play using the PSP's Ad Hoc functionality. Unfortunately, only one copy of MSC made an appearance, nixing all chances of seeing any two-player action. And that's not all in store for PSP owners. Unfortunately, specifics as to what developers have in store for fans are unknown. It's a safe bet you'll see posters and character art in a bonus gallery, but that's about all that's known at this point.

Stay tuned fore more.

Godfather got a 7.9 from IGN. Is anybody picking it up tommorow??

Best part of the game so far, one of the guys you have to bribe (at the restaurant where Michael kills Solozzo) was named 'Tito Santana'.

Poor Tito, even has to job for money in a videogame

In personal video game related news, I got a Nintendo Gamecube for my birthday yesterday. Yeah, I know it's an older system and the Revolution is coming out soon, blah blah blah. It's fun to have a system with games my wife and I can play together, though. So far I only have the Midway Classics compilation (the one with Gauntlet, Rampage, Smash TV, etc), and Mario Allstar Baseball. I would like to pick up Day of Reckoning 2 pretty soon. Any other "must have recommendations?"

Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures if you have access to two GBAs.

Smash Bros.

Ultimate Muscle is a rather simplistic (total arcade-style play) wrestling title, but it's very fun and the tag team specials are insane.

Alien Hominid (it's a Metal Slug clone, although it's not GC exclusive)

If you have room for the bongos, Donkey Konga 1/2 is great fun.

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (*dirt* cheap, and who doesn't love kaiju fights?)

Soul Calibur 2 (not exclusive)

Super Monkey Ball series

Puyo Pop Fever

Depending on tastes, naturally.

Anyone here have WarioWare: Twisted?

If so, maybe you can help me on something. I'm trying to get the gold crowns in the spindex...but I'm stuck on "Foiled Again" (in Mona's set of games)

I can't figure out how to get past the "Avoid Red" sections of that. THe other two parts I'm fine with, but those "Avoid Red" ones I can't for the life of me solve.

Anyone got any pointers?

I've yet to get Warioware Twisted. The game's price was a bit up there considering that many felt it didn't touch Touched!.

However, I wonder why the heck the big W has yet to be featured in a Smash Bros. game.

He has more games (as in starring role, not just featured like Mario Kart) than Yoshi (and way more good games, Wario World aside), and could easily have a very distinctive fighting style.

However, I wonder why the heck the big W has yet to be featured in a Smash Bros. game.

He has more games (as in starring role, not just featured like Mario Kart) than Yoshi (and way more good games, Wario World aside), and could easily have a very distinctive fighting style.

Well, from what I hear, he is one of the chracters that is very popular in the voting for the Nintendo Revolution version of Smash Bros. Him and Toad.

Speculation is that if Wario makes it in, so would Waluigi.

Well, from what I hear, he is one of the chracters that is very popular in the voting for the Nintendo Revolution version of Smash Bros. Him and Toad.

I also heard that Kid Icrius might be in the game as well. That would be kind of intresting. Make him a hybird of Link and Neo maybe?

I also heard that Kid Icrius might be in the game as well. That would be kind of intresting. Make him a hybird of Link and Neo maybe?

It would.

Others wanted, but maybe just as trophies (if they do that this time) would be Little Mac from Punch Out, Mike Jones from Star Tropics... R.O.B. perhaps?

It would.

Others wanted, but maybe just as trophies (if they do that this time) would be Little Mac from Punch Out, Mike Jones from Star Tropics... R.O.B. perhaps?

Honestly, do we need another way for people to go "I"M MIKE JONES" again? I like the Little Mac Trophey idea through. I'm hoping Nintendo can do good with the internet service, when the new Super Smash Bros comes out and it accesses the online world....its on!

Didn't know people did that.

Oh, and for the record, if Wario DOES make it into the next Smash Bros. game, he easily has four outfit choices. Here's some possibilities.

Normal outfit, long sleeves

Normal outfit, short sleeves

Hard Hat (from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3)

Biker Gear (WarioWare series)

Dr. Wario (Special game in first WarioWare game)

WarioMan (Superhero outfit found in the WarioWare Twisted and Touched games)