TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2005 Bored's College Football Pick 'Em Contest

Guest Vitamin X
Count me in again, same team as before - UCLA.

You bastard.

mifl-logo-75x50.gif

Let's rock.

Fuck!

Okay, well there goes my favorites. I'll go with the school that's just a couple blocks down from me, and probably parallel their record this year, too. And yes, I checked and they are a Division I-A team, in the Sun Belt conference.

ncaab_floridainternationalgoldenpanthers.jpg

I shall lead the mighty Golden Panthers to mediocrity. Tell me where to paypal it.

Thanks for signing up. I'll tentatively stick you in the Mid South although that might change. Flyboy hasn't reupped yet so there might end up being an open spot in the conference. Since at this point FIU would be the only Sun Belt conference team taken I can pretty much put you anywhere that's needed.

Seven holdovers still out there and an open spot in the Big MAC. New sign ups are still welcome since I anticipate not all the holdovers will be back.

Nope no fee to play. I'll worry about asking anyone to maybe switch schools if most of the remaining holdovers don't sign up but at this point just stick with San Diego State.

Damn it! I tried to sign up last year to no avail and Damaramu had already taken my Oklahoma, now he gets it again!? :/

I'd like to play and since Damahog has to take OU again I guess I'll beg for Texas A&M if I can join.

Bored,

HarleyQuinn is going to pass on being in the contest this year, so that opens up an additional spot in the contest.

Okay then I'll move Vitamin X (FIU) to the Big Atlantic as with Secret Agent (Texas A&M) signed up there was 10 possible teams in the Mid South.

Guest Vitamin X
Nope no fee to play. I'll worry about asking anyone to maybe switch schools if most of the remaining holdovers don't sign up but at this point just stick with San Diego State.

I thought in the first post it said we could chip in 5 bucks each so there'll be a small jackpot going to the winner?

EDIT: Oh wait a minute. Just re-read the post. Dude, you're giving away $50 of your own cash? Wow. That's pretty cool of you.

Damn it! I tried to sign up last year to no avail and Damaramu had already taken my Oklahoma, now he gets it again!? :/

I'd like to play and since Damahog has to take OU again I guess I'll beg for Texas A&M if I can join.

To be fair dude, I don't think honestly there's a bigger Sooner fan on here than Damaramu, and it'd be unfair to him to not let him take his team.

Yeah, I'm a huge USC fan, to the point I was the guy who always got into arguments with Damaramu, but I accepted the fact someone else took USC, and moved on to SDSU.

Don't flatter yourself. Everyone got into arguments with Damaramu.

Ummm...time to steer this thread back in the right direction.

Currently 26 people signed up with six holdovers left out there. I think I'll give them another week and then start sending PM's to see if they are in or not. Again still welcome new sign ups with still one open spot in the Big MAC and the possibility of more.

Yeah, I'm a huge USC fan, to the point I was the guy who always got into arguments with Damaramu, but I accepted the fact someone else took USC, and moved on to SDSU.

Yeah you ain't special. I argue with anything that moves biatch.

Anyways my strategy this year is to stubbornly pick against OU in the UCLA, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, possible Big XII title, and bowl game just to hopefully jinx them in the other direction.

Anyways my strategy this year is to stubbornly pick against OU in the UCLA, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, possible Big XII title, and bowl game just to hopefully jinx them in the other direction.

When will you learn? You can't ANNOUNCE a reverse jinx. It becomes a reverse-reverse jinx.

When will you learn? You can't ANNOUNCE a reverse jinx. It becomes a reverse-reverse jinx.

Well it's only a national title game jinx and we won't make it their this year so I guess I don't need it.

OU picked up some good replacments for those that they lost, Dama, and if the rest of the Big 12 still hasn't figured out how to win a game it'll be the same as last year.

Yes but if Chuck Long can't figure out how to call plays against a good defense then the bowl game will be the same result as the last 2 years.

I really wish they'd chuck Chuck and get a better o-coordinator. His play calling when OU is down and when they're facing a good aggressive and well good defense is abysmal.

Please let's leave this thread for sign ups and questions/comments related to the contest.

If all holdovers sign up I'll be able to expand the contest to 34 teams. If I get 36 teams I'll add an eigth bowl game. Currently 28 people signed up.

Please let's leave this thread for sign ups and questions/comments related to the contest.

If all holdovers sign up I'll be able to expand the contest to 34 teams. If I get 36 teams I'll add an eigth bowl game. Currently 28 people signed up.

Are they going to be the same bowls or are you going to come up with new bowl names?

I like that idea. After sign ups are done I'll give the option to the seven bowl winners from last year if they want to change the bowl name. For the title game I'll still want it to be the Bored Bowl but I'll give the option of picking the sponsor for the game.