TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2005 Bored's College Football Pick 'Em Contest

With the idea of the bowl champions from last year renaming the bowls for next year, I decided to find this thread to remember what they used to be. It was a little bit difficult to find, so I figured that I'd bump it in case other people wanted to look at it as well.

Also, that preseason Top 10 would be nice to see soon, since it was originally supposed to be done back in January.

I copied iggy's post from the old thread to here.

Bowl winners from last year were:

MILFHunter.com Bored Bowl: Minnesota (Vern Gagne)

Traditional Bowl presented by Adam & Eve's Anal Lube: UCLA (phoenixrising)

Oxycotton Bowl: LSU (teke184)

KFC PETA Bowl: Maryland (MarvinisaLunatic)

Massengil Country Flower Douche Bowl: Bowling Green (iggymcfly)

Lucky Strikes Tar Bowl: Texas (Flyboy) - not signed up yet

Out Magazine Bowl: Ohio State (Gert T)

As for the Preseason Top 10 I'll wait to post that until sign ups are done. There is one team who would be in it who hasn't signed up yet. I'm sending out PM's today to the remaining holdovers to see if any are still interested.

Bold me baby.

I lost SC AGAIN.....

The saddest thing about it is that you've probably been a USC fan forever. Cartman didn't become a fan until the Rose Bowl agianst Michigan. Everyone saw him transform into a fan during the game.

Dama...stay on topic please or I'll give someone else Oklahoma.

JHawk has signed up, four holdovers left.

Hey I was just saying that it sucks the dude can't be USC.

Is there anyone from last year's contest that is now banned......aside from Mike.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I bet this is what happened in Reservoir Dogs when Joe let the guys pick their own colors.

The saddest thing about it is that you've probably been a USC fan forever.

I'll be honest and tell you I was raised an ND fan, but SC gets $1,000 a unit from me and I went to every home game during Petey's first 6-6 year. So now I'm a full-fledged Trojan.

The saddest thing about it is that you've probably been a USC fan forever.

I'll be honest and tell you I was raised an ND fan, but SC gets $1,000 a unit from me and I went to every home game during Petey's first 6-6 year. So now I'm a full-fledged Trojan.

Oh well then bite me. ;) Haha.

Guest MikeSC

Is there anyone from last year's contest that is now banned......aside from Mike.

Who's banned?

I'm trying to forget last season. I completely blew in the last few weeks, including the bowl game. Not only did I post the lowest score of any bowl team, but I dropped from #3 to #6 over the final three weeks.

Here's hoping I remember to limit my underdog picks from week to week.

Who's banned?

Well god damn I didn't know you were unbanned. I really need to start posting and checking the boards more often.

No only one team per player. As for what happens with the eventual team going on "probation" because the player dropped out I've come up with a new idea for that this year that I think will work better but I'll get to that later.

Still need at least two of the holdovers or two new sign ups to get the mandatory 32 teams. Need one in the Big MAC and one in the Big Atlantic.

Lando Griffin has signed up which puts eight teams now in the Big MAC. Need either 2GOLD to re-sign up or a new sign up in the Big Atlantic to give that conference eight teams and 32 for the contest.

You are in and that puts 32 teams in the contest. I will still take new sign ups and the three remaining holdovers can still sign up but I must end up with an even number of teams. I'm going to put an August 8th deadline for signing up as at that point I want to start putting the schedule together.

Haha, we'll talk further about this (and in less of a boastful manner) when there's a real College Football preseason thread. I'm suspending myself from talking about the upcoming real-life season on here until we've got a thread-thread up.

I've sent out PM's to all the bowl winners for the option to change the name of the bowl game for this year. Only exception was Flyboy who hasn't signed up so I gave the loser of that bowl game Lando Griffin the option.

Oh and here's the PRESEASON TOP 10.

1. Minnesota (Vern Gagne)

2. Virginia (Edwin MacPhisto)

3. UCLA (phoenixrising)

4. Syracuse (CanadianChris)

5. LSU (teke184)

6. Georgia Tech (iggymcfly)

7. Stanford (Bored)

8. Hawaii (Will Scarlet)

9. Oregon (nogoodnick)

10. Notre Dame (Lando Griffin)

The preaseason rankings have absolutely no effect on the rankings during the season, they are just there to have rankings for Week 1. To put the rankings together I took last year's results using this year's formula, the only exception being iggymcfly who slotted at #6 as they took over a dead team last year but did very well.

How long until you can put together a season schedule?

I want to see who I get to whup up on in OOC play since I already know I'm going to smear Dama and Kotz again in Big South play to retain my title.

I'm leaving sign ups open for a couple of more weeks (August 8th) so won't be until then that I'll put the schedule together.