TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

Getting PK involved in the Civil War angle

So I was just thinking what to do to build for AngleSlam, since I'll be in that Ultimate X match at LTP and I was wondering how we can get PK involved in the big angle going on. I had an idea that, one of these HDs, PK can run into Drek and the GPX at the catering table or in the hallways or something and PK can reference the crack Drek made about the X-Title (calling it a midcard title) and challenge him, but Drek can say that he's "above" that and PK can face one of the GPX-ers instead.

I don't know if PK will exactly "join" either side, because he's not one to play nice with others. I'm going the whole "Bret Hart: Fighting Champion" route for the X-Title, so PK can prove that he's a capable champion so he'll be considered for a Heavyweight title match sometime down the road.

I like it, although my opinion counts for relatively little in this instance.

I like the PK/GPX/Drek interaction, so you could certainly feel free to go along with that.

However, I'm going to have to be a dissenting voice here and say I'm not crazy about the idea of Peter Knight not joining a side in the Civil War. Honestly, it's looking to me like too many people are starting to go this route. Axel's not adamant in choosing a side right now. Hoff is not looking to pick a side right now. And now, Peter Knight doesn't want to choose a side either. Too many people are beginning to decide to stay impartial in this thing, which is really going to hurt the impact of the angle as a whole. This is supposed to be a federation-wide feud. The battle lines being drawn, with every superstar choosing whether they want to stick with what has always worked -- the Originals -- or team up with the new blood to usher in a new era to the OAOAST -- the Upstarts. The fact that so many people are deciding now to do neither is going to push this feud, which should be the biggest thing to ever happen in this federation, into the background. And if we have everybody not choosing a side deciding to go with the "I'm just going to prove he's a fighting wrestler that's willing to take on everybody" motive, it's going to take away from the impact of that reasoning as well.

I really do want to see everyone choose a side on this, and I think the more people that stay impartial during this feud, the weaker the feud is going to ultimately get. Maybe this war isn't exactly perfect for your character to pick a side, but hell, make it so that it is. Find a reason for him to choose to join with the Upstarts or the Originals. This isn't only directed to PK, but to everybody right now who is deciding to stay neutral through the majority of this angle. Your character CAN have changes in his attitude -- he doesn't always stagnantly have to remain neutral.

If too many people try to stay neutral and yank the spotlight for themselves, the angle will suffer. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. And I really don't want to see that happen.

Yeah, I see what you're getting at there, NYU. I'll most likely pick the Originals, because I really don't know a good reason for him to join the Upstarts. He can reason that if he's going to fight with someone, it should be people he knows well instead of a bunch of guys that suddenly sprung up while he was gone. Or something like that.

A lot will be explained this week during a promo I intend to do, not only to build up Zack/Drek, but to build up the angle as a whole. In my eyes, The Upstarts would open to everyone who came in post AM2 on, but that doesn't mean they'd all join up.

Sign in to follow this