TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

Say a black man is driving through Kentucky, and gets nervous anytime he sees a white man or a group of white men. Is that rasicm? Or a natural reaction?

I dunno. But I could ask some of the badass black guys I've known who lived in Kentucky. One of them was a coke dealer. He didn't seem scared of white things.

Guest Vitamin X
Gogo, are you English?

If you check his IP, it resolves to btcentralplus.com, which is British Telecom DSL. So yes, probably.

Obama has now gotten within 21 superdelegates of Hillary. Only Hillary's endorsements should count, though.

I thought Nash Mcabe at the ABC debate was the best example of that. She's had an incredibly tough life: she's unemployed, her husband 's hurt, and with the healthcare bills piling up, she has to borrow money from her parents to keep a roof over their heads....and when she gets to ask the possible future president of the united states any question whatsoever, she asked him about a flag pin.

What?!

Good observation, sir.

I think the reason for her question would be because she, like many voters over the last few decades, has become bitter and given up on the government's ability to help them with their economic problems, and turn to things like guns, religion, xenophobia, and homphobia to base their votes on...

...wait...

...I think I've heard this before somewhere. Hmmm.

My congressman came out as a superdelegate for Obama yesterday:

Denis Fleming, [Rep. Ben] Chandler's chief of staff, said that the congressman's offices in Lexington and Washington had received about 300 phone calls opposing his decision -- and only five in favor -- by about 2:30 p.m. yesterday.

Some of the calls, he said, were "racially insensitive," while other callers simply said that Chandler should have waited until after Kentucky's May 20 primary or should have endorsed Clinton.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/040...sing_Obama.html

Return of Mittens?

The latest Evans-Novak Political Report says that "a rumor running through the political community" now puts former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney ® in the lead to be Sen. John McCain's vice presidential candidate. "But Romney has many critics in the McCain inner circle, and we don't think the decision has been made."

There is also speculation McCain could name his veep early "to step up fund-raising before the national convention."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/04/...short_list.html

Guest Vitamin X

I always thought McCain/Huckabee had a nicer ring to it than McCain/Romney.

Guest College Party

Obama's not exactly entering hostile territory at NBC, though.

Yeah, NBC has not once played the Rev Wright stuff, and definitly haven't gone along with the 24/7 loop strategy. And Chris Matthews never made mincemeat of an Obama supporter on Hardball for not knowing shit about his proposals. And there is no doubt that NBC doesn't air a show like SNL that got the ball rolling on the media-for-Obama canard that the media then believed and went extra hard against Obama. And Tim Russert always throws the kind of inane softballs like was seen on the last ABC debate.

Arguments based on utter bullshit are funny.

Every reporter, no matter how ideologically biased, wants to make a name by bringing someone down.

A premise proven entirely wrong, by the host of this weekend's townhall no less, at the most recent ABC debate.

A premise proven entirely wrong, by the host of this weekend's townhall no less, at the most recent ABC debate.

Example?

Ron Paul still running for president is kinda embarassing.

That's an understatement.

Obama's newest attempt to save himself after Wright's latest poisonous performance is now declared the new final word on the subject. Therefore, any future ads linking Obama and Wright are preemptively declared out of bounds, illegitimate, indeed "race-baiting" (a New York Times editorial, April 30).

On what grounds? This 20-year association with Wright calls into question everything about Obama: his truthfulness in his serially adjusted stories of what he knew and when he knew it; his judgment in choosing as his mentor, pastor and great friend a man he just now realizes is a purveyor of racial hatred; and the central premise of his campaign, that he is the bringer of a "new politics," rising above the old Washington ways of expediency. It's hard to think of an act more blatantly expedient than renouncing Wright when his show, once done from the press club instead of the pulpit, could no longer be "contextualized" as something whites could not understand and only Obama could explain in all its complexity.

Turns out the Wright show was not that complex after all. Everyone understands it now. Even Obama.

- link

I had no idea Wright was running for president. I think I'm gonna vote for Hilary instead.

His preacher!? Seriously, are we all now responsible for the thoughts and actions of our preachers? It's fear mongering, nothing more, and it's really sad to see how far we haven't come.

You just noticed that? It's the only "evidence" that our drooling Ambassador has brought forth to prove the opinion that Obama is going to turn America over to the Arabs, or whatever, the entire time since her return.

Sign in to follow this