TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

I dn't know if anyone already posted this...

http://www.theonion.com/content/whitehousewar/candidates

Bronze Star (Crimean War)

:D

Odds Of Pop-Locking During Inauguration:

1 in 12

Vulnerability:

People may decide they like roads

Biggest Secret:

Gay as a summer hat

Supports God's decision to tell Bush to invade.

Forced to Publicly Apologize For:

As a child, his half-American side used to pay his half-Mexican side a substandard wage to clean his room

Awards:

Named both Time and Lisp Monthly's Man of the Year in 2001.

I thought Obama had this election in the bag until his pastor had to open his fucking mouth and embarrassed Obama's campaign (although I understood where he was coming from, but you don't say that kind of shit when its being recorded / televised when you're associated with a Presidential candidate.)

THANK GOD Hillary got caught red handed lying to the American people about the Bosnia thing.

McCain might win this though if Iraq is not the primary issue.

I'd urge everyone to watch the last interview Hilary did on fox news with Greta von susteren. She made it clear she was prefectly willing to take it to the convetion (those were the exact words). Even Tucker Carlson, of all people, seemed shocked by that and said 'what can you do with someone like that?"

People bitch about how the media has given Obama an almost free-ride, but what about McCain? Except for the NY Times piece, which was universally condemned, has he gotten ANY bad coverage?

Guest Bullshiterica

I don't think he's really gotten much coverage at all, relatively speaking. All the attention good and/or bad goes to the Democrats. On the Republican side, they went after Romney, alternately cuddled up to Huckabee and then ran scared from him, and more or less, they just haven't had much to say about McCain. Bear in mind that I watch MSNBC, though. Oh, Olbermann said that McCain shouldn't even run for president after that al-Qaeda gaffe. Was that good enough?

Yes, the GOP is much more lock-step and regimented than the Democrats. They may be a bunch of uptight, homophobic, xenophobic robber-barons...but they are definitely well-organized.

They don't even have the handlebars to be robber-barons. I could put you in Whiny Bitches for less.

I don't think he's really gotten much coverage at all, relatively speaking. All the attention good and/or bad goes to the Democrats. On the Republican side, they went after Romney, alternately cuddled up to Huckabee and then ran scared from him, and more or less, they just haven't had much to say about McCain. Bear in mind that I watch MSNBC, though. Oh, Olbermann said that McCain shouldn't even run for president after that al-Qaeda gaffe. Was that good enough?

Yes, the GOP is much more lock-step and regimented than the Democrats. They may be a bunch of uptight, homophobic, xenophobic robber-barons...but they are definitely well-organized.

They don't even have the handlebars to be robber-barons. I could put you in Whiny Bitches for less.

and it begins... no more coming into this folder!

What the hell?

Guest Bullshiterica

Oh, I sort of got promoted to help run the board now, and one of our new ideas is that we punish people by sending them to a folder where they can only talk to Leena. I'm loath to punish anybody for what's said in Current Events, though, because I don't want to be known for holding political prisoners, but if I wanted to make it so the only thread you could read here is a list of "5 point infractions," I so totally could. That's what happened to Marvin, and that's why he's not talking about Glenn Beck right now. I could also ban you, but I won't. Have a wonderful day!

Guest Bullshiterica

Well, I think that ought to close it up, but some might argue that the thread has just started anew.

Hillary > McCain > anything > B.O. Hussein.

We're pretty much done with this thread now, aren't we.

Don't you mean Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.? He was, after all, named after an atheist Kenyan student living in the U.S. (his father) way back in 1961, and not the late Arab dictator of Iraq from 1979-2003. But I'm sure Barack's parents must have known that 18 years before their son was born this other guy would become president of Iraq. But, yeah, I see how they are just alike. Barack Obama's middle name is "Hussein"...Sadam Hussein's full name was Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti. So if I was going to not vote for someone because they share a middle name with a bad person, someone needs to tell all the people who voted for George Walker Bush that he's connected to John Walker Lindh. My middle name is "Don". Does that make me a part of the Italian mafia?

blah blah blah

It's a throwaway snark, as you well know.

Incidentally, his father wasn't an atheist but a polygamist Mohammedan, even though he didn't mind breaking the rules on occasion in order to drink alcohol. Technically, his marriage to Ann Dunham was invalid, which means that B.O. Hussein might just be our first President who could correctly be referred to as a "bastard" in the legal sense. (Please God forbid.)

Am really I the only one who's bothered by this?

blah blah blah

It's a throwaway snark, as you well know.

Incidentally, his father wasn't an atheist but a polygamist Mohammedan, even though he didn't mind breaking the rules on occasion in order to drink alcohol. Technically, his marriage to Ann Dunham was invalid, which means that B.O. Hussein might just be our first President who could correctly be referred to as a "bastard" in the legal sense. (Please God forbid.)

Am really I the only one who's bothered by this?

not especially. i'm technically a bastard myself.

Jesus was a bastard.

Ignorant blasphemy.

Mary was an instrument of divine will, not some kind of mistress of God. According to the doctrine of the Trinity, Jesus is one with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and He therefore formed Himself, just as God did. Mary's place of honor in the Catholic church as the Mother of God in no way conflicts with her temporal role as the wife of Saint Joseph. There is no contradiction.

Jesus was a bastard.

Ignorant blasphemy.

Mary was an instrument of divine will, not some kind of mistress of God. According to the doctrine of the Trinity, Jesus is one with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and He therefore formed Himself, just as God did. Mary's place of honor in the Catholic church as the Mother of God in no way conflicts with her temporal role as the wife of Saint Joseph. There is no contradiction.

So, if God is immortal, and Jesus is one with the Father and the Holy Spirit, then how did Jesus get resurrected if he didn't die?

So, if God is immortal, and Jesus is one with the Father and the Holy Spirit, then how did Jesus get resurrected if he didn't die?

normal_picard-no-facepalm.jpg

Could you kindly read your fucking Bible and your fucking catechism before asking utterly elementary questions which wouldn't give a moment's pause to anyone who hadn't been brought up as a heathen. I have better things to do than teach Sunday school to kindergarteners without even being paid for it.

Could you kindly read your fucking Bible and your fucking catechism before asking utterly elementary questions which wouldn't give a moment's pause to anyone who hadn't been brought up as a heathen. I have better things to do than teach Sunday school to kindergarteners without pay.

I was raised Presbyterian for 15 years. My friend asked me that question and just thought I'd pass it along. Thanks.

Okay, then, here's the answer to your friend's question:

Jesus was born both human and divine. He came to us specifically to absolve mankind of our original sin of disobedience to God.

As Ann put it:

"People need to be redeemed, and this is your lucky day because I'm here to redeem you even though you don't deserve it, and I have to get the crap kicked out of me to do it."

Yes, He died. Because someone had to. Because He wanted to give us a chance, and without Him, we never had one. He was resurrected afterwards because you can't kill the divine.

Crown Him the Lord of love, behold His hands and side,

Those wounds, yet visible above, in beauty glorified.

No angel in the sky can fully bear that sight,

But downward bends his burning eye at mysteries so bright.

Sign in to follow this