TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pochorenella

Unforgiven Main Event

Credit: PWInsider.com

WWE has been sending out emails to fans in Oklahoma City, OK promoting the Sept. 18th WWE Unforgiven PPV. They are advertising a John Cena vs. Kurt Angle WWE Title Match as the main event

Not that Jericho had much of a real chance to unseat Cena, but I don't like WWE somewhat spoiling things like this. Still, I'll root for Y2J at the event. Hopefully Kurt can help Cena and produce a nice match, they've done it before, this time could be a different but good dynamic.

Didn't they just have a PPV match back in February?

Oh, yeah, I forgot this is the company that runs HHH vs. Batista three times in one year.

I'd safe its a pretty safe bet they're saving HHH vs Cena for WM22 (for better or worse).

Shawn/Cena would definitely give Cena a partner that could get him to the next level.

I have a feeling they're holding off on Cena-Shawn for a major PPV.

I'm trying to remember the last time, besides Wrestlemania, they held off on a big match until a major PPV.

I'd safe its a pretty safe bet they're saving HHH vs Cena for WM22 (for better or worse).

Shawn/Cena would definitely give Cena a partner that could get him to the next level.

You're serious.

I can't think of two worst guys to put in the ring together. That match will have the weakest offence of any WWE title match in the last 5 years.

*Flying forearm*

*Shoulder tackle*

*Flying forearm*

*Five knuckle shuffle*

*Atomic drop*

*Back suplex*.

I can understand peoples wanting to see this match but to think that it will actually be good and that a clean Michaels job (which is debateable) will actually help Cena is sketchy at best.

I really don't find HBK that awesome. In terms of carry-jobs the dude is overrated. The biggest argument that people have made recently in regards to his carry-jobs is Benjamin which is horseshit considering that Benjamin held his own the entire match.

Angle got a better match out of Flair in his first try then Michaels has done since returning to the E.

If they are planning on Cena-HHH for Mania, then I could see them holding off Cena-HBK until the Royal Rumble because in their minds it would be a bigger chance of HBK winning in people's minds because HHH gets the winner and everyone knows its always HHH-HBK.

The HBK/RVD match came after the notorious India tour where half the roster was suffering from various plagues. It was essentially fodder for the HBK/HHH feud anyway, which sucked. I'd like to see a rematch of this with a clean finish.

I always found it odd that they put Shawn in there with these huge dudes like Vader, Sid, UT, and Nash. While those could be fun matches they are just so unbelievable. I know that wrestling has little to do with real life, but honestly, who would win a fight between fucking VADER and Shawn Michaels? I prefer Bret's stuff against those same guys, at least Bret has the style of offense that makes him winning seem plausible (i.e. takes out a big dude's leg, grounds him, uses superior wrestling skill).

For someone making fun of Hogan, Michaels does an even more absurd "hulk up" type spot when he kips up. Never cared for it, sometimes it negates the entire match.

Anyway, I've got no problems with Cena/Angle. It's never really mained a PPV has it? And it at least gets Kurt away from fighting retards. Truthfully, there isn't a potential Cena match I'm just DYING for on Raw. Cena/Angle is ok but not amazing, Cena/HBK does nothing for me, and I already saw Cena/HHH at a house show and can safely say that match will suck hard.

Guest Y2DAYDAY

Few things here.

1. I agree with the poster that says HHH is going to win the Rumble. How else can they make sure that Cena vs HHH in April 2006 is the first match between them unless Cena keeps the belt and HHH wins the Rumble. Maybe that is the key and they will blow their wad at Survivor Series then do the rematch at Mania.

2. HHH vs Batista was great business for WWE. The program went from November to June.The first PPV to rebound from shitty buyrates was Survivor Series. Then New Years Revolution with the chamber match built around HHH, Orton, and Batista, that teased the first ever HHH vs Batista match, drew big .Rumble drew big as well for Batista winning the Rumble, and Mania drew huge. Backlash drew ok but Vengeance drew huge as well. HHH vs Batista was an overwhelming success.

3, Cena and Angle have yet to have an actual main event title program. September is the time, then Edge at Taboo Tuesday, and based on their direction, either HHH or HBK at Survivor Series. That is probably where HHH gets the belt back because they would only need 2 fac es challengers before Mania, one at Rumble and one at New Years Revolution.

Kurt Angle is on RAW for multiple reasons, meaing to work heel against Cena and to work babyface against HHH.

The big question is this: What does HBK do at Unforgiven. If it is Cena vs Angle, Edge vs Hardy, what does HBK do. If he's face, I don't see an actual program for him. However, if HHH returns at Summerslam and helps HBK, I see HBK/HHH vs Hogan and a partner, probably Flair, leading to Hogan beating HBK in September, not Summerslam, and HHH vs Flair for Taboo Tuesday, leading to the belt going home at Survivor Series. Then HBK goes back face, beats Angle again, and Angle goes face to work HHH.

Got a little out of hand there but with current booking, the Cena vs Angle main event makes sense, especially since it may not even end up being the main event.

I really don't find HBK that awesome. In terms of carry-jobs the dude is overrated. The biggest argument that people have made recently in regards to his carry-jobs is Benjamin which is horseshit considering that Benjamin held his own the entire match.

HBK carried HHH in their Summerslam 2002 match since his return, and has done other carry jobs (the biggest that come to mind are RVD, Kane, and Randy Orton) since his return.

Angle got a better match out of Flair in his first try then Michaels has done since returning to the E.

:huh:

Angle didn't carry Flair in that match at all, and unless you're directly comparing Angle/Flair to HBK/Flair, that's irrelevant. Angle/Flair had a good story and was fun to watch, but HBK has had far better matches than that since his 2002 return.

I can understand peoples wanting to see this match but to think that it will actually be good and that a clean Michaels job (which is debateable) will actually help Cena is sketchy at best.

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines that a clean Cena job to Michaels might actually make me interested in Raw again. I really want to see someone take the belt off Cena and the fact that Michaels is the only one with enough credibility is the reason that I'd like to see him get the next title shot, but honestly, Angle going after Cena would be good as well. Angle's interesting enough on his own to make me interested for one PPV, but after he's done, there's a good chance that I'll just quit watching WWE altogether for a few months.