TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Movies that pleasantly surprised you

I also thought "Scary Movie" was going to suck but I thought it was pretty funny when I watched it. The second film was shit though.

Hm, I thought it was teetering on the edge of tolerable and therefore the sequel would suck, but I loved the sequel and it's actually my favorite... it made me laugh so hard I nearly pissed myself. Third was agreeably shit, though.

Also Meet the Parents... seemed like a romantic comedy, which I despise, and it was, but I liked it. It was a romantic comedy for men, a seemingly new genre which I don't mind.

Keanu Reeves remains the actor who I don't like who has been in a surprising number of movies I have. I liked about half of his movies, and he's working against it.

I watched 10 Things I Hate About You when it premiered on Starz, I was like "Eh, I'll watch this for a little while at least there should probably be a lot of hot chicks." but I found the movie was a really good teen comedy.

I liked Ready to Rumble when I first saw it as a mark..........after a 2nd or 3rd viewing....well let's just say my opinion's changed. I also liked Bodyslam as a mark. That M. Harry Smilac, what a character.... Plus how can't you like a movie with Charles Nelson Reiley?

The Pacifier was actually pretty decent for a Disney Comedy/Action movie with Vin Diesel.

I'm sitting here looking at the Alexander Directors Cut DVD, thinking "why the hell did I rent this to waste 3 hours of my life". If I manage to watch it all without popping the disc out and sending it back to blockbuster at any point earlier than the ending, I will be really surprsied..but I am not going to hold my breath.

I'll agree with Pootie Tang. When I rented it, I thought it was going to suck. I almost pissed myself laughing while watching it. I'll take that movie over the Austin Powers movies any day.

Also

-Hide and Creep

-Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If you hate this movie, then you are Badong)

-Scream (I was skeptical, because so many hardcore horror fans hated it, and called Wes Craven a sell out for it. I ended up really enjoying it.)

-Junk (Japanese Zombie film. Heard it sucked, but ended up loving it.)

-The Ring (I actually liked it better than the overrated Japanese original)

Resident Evil

Tomb Raider

The Chronicles of Riddick

Constantine

Batman Begins

I had zero expectations for Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star, but I thought it was really funny in places and even David Spade didn't annoy me that much

Guest Fishyswa

Kung Pow made me discover my love for asian stereotyping, bad dubbing and over-dramatic acting rules the earth.

Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen was as bad as I thought it would be, but it's Lohan at her peak and I just can't change the channel when it comes on.

I thought Idle Hands was gonna be stupid as fuck, and in some parts it was, but overall it was a completely different flick from what I expected and I love it.

Shaolin Soccer looked like it was made by the same people who put together those 'dog who can play sports' movies, but it was actually pretty neat for what it was.

I heard people just totally slam Hero with Dustin Hoffman and Andy Garcia, but I think it's one of the best movies ever and the last line should be on that list of 100 Greatest Movie Quotes.

Harold and Kumar was actually worse than I thought it would be the first time I saw it, but the first time I saw it staying up late stoned, it was pure genius.