TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Secret Agent

Exclusive: Smarkdown promo

Well I edited this once I got home. I was hoping I'd find a mod online and have them edit it in, but alas there is none. :/

Let me know if you hate this direction or not, please.

=================================

Smarkdown appears to be a wrap with the previous commotion now settled, however the cameras have yet to cease rolling, even as some of the fans start to file out – grumbling at the show ending early. That is, of course, until a voice picks up on the speakers, whispering a name in a deep, sultry voice…

“Johnny Dangerous~!”

BOOOOOOOOOM!

“I can’t believe it – it’s about damn time he showed up!” shouts Pete. “We haven’t seen or heard a peep out of the Barracuda since he won the World Heavyweight Championship at Ground Zero. Which, if I may add, was won by some rather despicable tactics!”

“Oh will you shut your whiney little mouth, Drain-Clogger?” King growls in response, noticeably irritated by his announcing cohort by this time in the night. “Agent Dangerous did what he had to in order to win – he did what any man would have done in his shoes.”

‘After the Flesh’ kicks in and kicks in strong, pounding out from the speakers and hitting every corner of the arena. Those that had started to leave suddenly find themselves rushing back to their seats.

“Well,” continues Pete, grumbling. “I think there are plenty of folks that will disagree with you on that statement, King. At Ground Zero, Johnny Dangerous totally crossed the line. Laughing at what could have been a near fatal accident with Ejiro Fasaki, down right disrespecting his opponent, and then constantly begging the crowd to cheer for him. As we all know, that didn’t exactly work out for him as the fans—his own fans—in Las Vegas, Nevada totally turned against him!”

“It didn’t matter if they did turn on him,” spits King, “he still won! Johnny Dangerous still won the World Heavyweight Title that night!”

Stepping out from the haze rolling across the stage, Johnny, dressed in a lovely black suit, makes his first appearance with the World Championship belt. The World title is slung over his shoulder while the World Tag Team Championship rest around his waist – both belts gleam as the lights pass over their gold plating. When Johnny steps out onto center stage he is immediately hit with a surge of boos, which catches the Secret Agent--judging by his reaction—by total surprise. He looks out at the fans, seemingly baffled by their chant…

“FUCK YOU, JOHNNY, FUCK YOU!” CLAP! CLAP! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!!

“Ladies and gentlemen,” booms Funyon. “Please welcome to the ring at this time the reigning co-holder of the World Tag Team Championship and the NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW and REIGNING SMARTMARK WRESTLING FEDERATION WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOON; JOHNNY ‘THE BAAARRAAAACUDAAAAAAAAA’ DAAAAAANGEEEROUUS!!”

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

As he makes his way to ringside the Barracuda tries to look as if they chants don’t bother him in the least. He tries to act as if they fans weren’t even there, though everyone watching across the globe knew that he could hear them, and they knew it stung.

It was the exact same chant that started at Ground Zero, in Las Vegas, Nevada. The chant that came from his own hometown—his fans—and the fact that it’s continued onto tonight was a little bit more than infuriating and the Barracuda’s eyes narrow as he regards this crowd. He waves for them to silence themselves then raises the microphone to his lips while adjusting the World Heavyweight Championship on his shoulder.

“Well,” Johnny begins, smiling. “Apparently I’ve steeped into a town that has absolutely no originality of its own. No, you people want to copy off what you heard the people of Las Vegas chanting towards me at Ground Zero…only you have absolutely no reason to say anything. Las Vegas—my home--vengefully turned their back on me at Ground Zero, and for what? Because I was winning? I am the biggest sports icon the entire state of Nevada has ever seen! I was born there and they turned their backs to me and now you people here want to copy them!?”

“RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!”

“Not exactly the response the Barracuda was looking for there,” Pete mutters, slightly smiling.

“There was a reason I stayed away from Storm, and there was a reason I stayed away from Lockdown,” says Johnny. “Don’t make me wish I stayed away from this hell hole too!”

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

“Whatever,” the Barracuda snarls through gritted teeth. He lowers the microphone as the fans try and start up another chant and paces the length of the ring. Finally, he raises the microphone back to his lips. “I’ll just talk over you people if I have to,” Johnny continues. “I’ve heard what people have been saying. They said that the way I won the Heavyweight Championship was appalling, brutal, and some have even gone so far as to say it was shocking. To those people I say this: I told everyone beforehand what I was going to do. I told everyone how I was going to walk into Ground Zero, do whatever it took to win, and leave with the World Title…which is exactly what I did!”

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!”

“I waited for this entire year for my one chance! A chance that was given to far less deserving people multiple times before my opportunity ever came once; if anyone thought it was going to be a nice, friendly match when it finally came then you were sadly mistaken!” shouts Johnny, pacing back-and-forth inside the ring. He stops as more boos arise then shakes his head at the ungrateful bastards.

“JOHN-E SUCKS!”

“JOHN-E SUCKS!”

The chants only enrage him further...

“JOHN-E SUCKS!”

“JOHN-E SUCKS!”

...but they madder he gets, the more they chant.

“JOHN-E SUCKS!”

“JOHN-E SUCKS!”

“I AM YOUR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, GOD DAMN IT!” Johnny roars, trying to fight back the jeers. “WHY CAN’T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT A MAN HAS TO DO WHAT A MAN HAS TO DO—I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO PROVE EJIRO FASAKI WRONG! I HAD TO DO WHATEVER IT TOOK TO FUCKING WIN!”

“I DID EVERYTHING FOR YOU GOD DAMNED PEOPLE – EVERYTHING! I DEVOTED MY ENTIRE WRESTLING CAREER TO PLEASING YOU AND NOW YOU PEOPLE, JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE OF LAS VEGAS, TURN YOUR BACK ON ME!?”

“GO TO HELL THEN!” screams Johnny. He storms back and forth across the ring, livid at the crowd. “If you want to boo me than by God I’ll give you something to boo – You asked for it! I’m done doing things to make you people happy! For here on out I am living for myself cause you sorry, ungrateful, worthless people aren’t worth my time!”

“Everyone in the back better damn well be warned as well! What you saw me do to Ejiro Fasaki at Ground Zero was only the beginning – there is nobody that will stop my reign as World Heavyweight Champion; that I promise you!”

This time, the Barracuda simply tosses the microphone down and then exits the ring with both title belts. He’s tried doing things the right way while doing anything he can to make they fans happy for three years now, but it’s over with now. It’s high time he devoted some time to making sure he stays successful and if they want to turn their backs to him he wasn’t going to let it bother him in the least. He leaves with his head held high, a title belt over each shoulder, and his middle finger stretched out at the fans…

“Johnny Dangerous,” says Pete, “has just totally lost it – that title belt has gone straight to his head and he’s completely lost all his fans in the process! The once beloved Barracuda has just become as mad as El Luchador Magnifico! One could only wonder…where does this leave Wild and Dangerous? What will the Bahama Bomber’s response to this be? Will he join Dangerous' new mentality or will he stand against it!? What will happen on Storm!?”

As We:

FADE OUT.

Good stuff, except I always get a tad annoyed at the amount of chanting people put in promo's, but I guess it's a moot point.

Sign in to follow this