TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The Summerslam Thread

HBK wins with help from Angle, HHH and Flair. They form a stable, could be Four Horsemen, whatever. Their mission is to get the belt off Cena. Angle starts at Unforgiven and Cena wins. Maybe Flair can have a try and then they need to decide if HBK or HHH goes against Cena at WrestleMania. Basically it's Cena and Hogan versus the Four Horsemen. Hogan can feud with the horsemen guys Cena isn't feuding with. It can end with Hogan/Flair at WM or Hogan/HHH.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Hogan's heat would die a slow death. After SSlam I don't expect an appearence til Jan.

No Holds Barred

World Champion Batista vs. JBL

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

I'd have Lita turn on Edge and cost him the match, then have Edge attack Batista after Batista beats JBL and use his "Money in the Bank" title shot to win the belt from Batista.

Anybody agree?

Great except for the Edge being on Raw & Batista being on Smackdown thing.

Did you forget Summerslam is a joint brand PPV?

Well no, I didn't forget that. They COULD go w/ JMA's plan (which sounds good btw) but I don't think WWE creative is smart enough to do it. If I recall correctly, Edge has even stopped coming out with the briefcase.

Thanks for the compliment. Sadly, you're most likely right in regards to the creative team's intelligence. These ARE the people who thought the "mole from hell" was a good idea...

And thank YOU for taking credit for my ideas.

Guest JMA

No Holds Barred

World Champion Batista vs. JBL

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

I'd have Lita turn on Edge and cost him the match, then have Edge attack Batista after Batista beats JBL and use his "Money in the Bank" title shot to win the belt from Batista.

Anybody agree?

Great except for the Edge being on Raw & Batista being on Smackdown thing.

Did you forget Summerslam is a joint brand PPV?

Well no, I didn't forget that. They COULD go w/ JMA's plan (which sounds good btw) but I don't think WWE creative is smart enough to do it. If I recall correctly, Edge has even stopped coming out with the briefcase.

Thanks for the compliment. Sadly, you're most likely right in regards to the creative team's intelligence. These ARE the people who thought the "mole from hell" was a good idea...

And thank YOU for taking credit for my ideas.

Hey...I was only adding to it. But yeah, good idea on YOUR part.

Sorry if I upset you.

Guest JMA

Now that I think about it, Edge going to Smackdown! might not work. In my head, I always saw him defending the WWE title against RVD.

Flair/Hogan v. HBK/HHH

That would be a surreal matchup, what with past's and ego's involved.

That reminds me--did anyone here see the HBK/Savage vs. Bret/Flair match that happened in the early 90's? I'd heard it plugged as being pretty damn good before.

Guest JMA
Flair/Hogan v. HBK/HHH

That reminds me--did anyone here see the HBK/Savage vs. Bret/Flair match that happened in the early 90's? I'd heard it plugged as being pretty damn good before.

I've seen it and it was quite good. But it was actually Bret/Savage vs. Flair/HBK.

Its 2 up in the mornin girl and the dj playin that song

Now watchu gon do

Im gon get get get it poppin

Watchu gon do

Im gon get get get it poppin

But yeah, i'm just interested in seeing how this will look on tv. The crowd was wild for Backlash 2000 and could really add to the event.

Flair/Hogan v. HBK/HHH

I've seen it and it was quite good. But it was actually Bret/Savage vs. Flair/HBK.

It's very easy to find and download, i've got it, interesting match.

WWE.com has all the hype videos on their website and I love it. I've seen the Jericho/Cena one now for like 6 times already lol. I love the part when the classical music starts, the feud sucked but this just hyped me.

Guest JMA

I'd just like to mention how disappointed I am in how WWE has handled the Hardy/Edge feud. I know that's pretty much stating the obvious, but it needs to be said again. They had a sure thing with this angle and they've almost (but not completely) fumbled it beyond repair. Still, you've got to be impressed with how the writers can mess up even the most simple angles.

Hardy is no longer "counter-culture" since he's shaken the hand of the man who fired him for a stupid reason. A big part of his heat was due to the fact that he was outside the system and a rebel. Frankly, he shouldn't even have talked at all, except maybe to give a brief (three minutes at the most) explanation for why he was let go. Now he's just Lita's angry ex-boyfriend. And despite Edge's promo being good, the way it's been built up is ridiculous. It was a good promo, nothing more. Lita, on the other hand, just stands beside Edge and occassionally makes out with him. You'd think that she'd be focused a little more since this is supposed to be about her (not that I want Lita to have more TV time, but it doesn't make sense that she isn't as involved).

Generally I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I'm really starting to wonder if this angle is intended to bury Hardy. It's either that or the writers are even worse than we all assumed they were.

Generally I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I'm really starting to wonder if this angle is intended to bury Hardy. It's either that or the writers are even worse than we all assumed they were.

How do you expect Nickelodeon reject writers to build wrestling feuds up well? That's why Matt Hardy/Edge has been blown, although it doesn't help that Matt's promo delivery has been horrible so far, either.

Guest JMA

How do you expect Nickelodeon reject writers to build wrestling feuds up well? That's why Matt Hardy/Edge has been blown, although it doesn't help that Matt's promo delivery has been horrible so far, either.

WWE shouldn't have had him cut a promo that long in the first place. They should've have him speak (for less than three minutes) in a cool vignette. And that would've been it. Oh, and they needed to have him spit in Vince's face as well. Vince would never go along with that, but it would've gave Hardy unbelievable face heat.

WWE shouldn't have had him cut a promo that long in the first place. They should've have him speak (for less than three minutes) in a cool vignette. And that would've been it. Oh, and they needed to have him spit in Vince's face as well. Vince would never go along with that, but it would've gave Hardy unbelievable face heat.

Right. Before he was officially "re-signed" in WWE, he was telling WWE to kiss his ass and to "go see him in ROH". Then, when Vince (who fired Matt several months ago just because Edge fucked Lita behind Matt's back during that time) hired Matt back on Raw, Matt shook his hand. :rolleyes:

BTW, is it better to refer to Matt Hardy as "Matt" or "Hardy", just like most people do for Jeff in TNA? I actually don't like referring to wrestlers by their first names most of the time.

Guest JMA

I'm a little disappointed that people still think Edge and Matt are actually "shooting" on each other. There's likely still bad blood between them, but they wouldn't be working together if they absolutely despised each other. All of these comments are worked--they don't even have shoot undertones. There are no "sides" here since this is all worked now. There are no hidden meanings in what they say.

Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if Matt and Edge are friends again in a few years.

Guest MugumboMcgee

If you guys are confident in your predictions you should prove it by placing your predictions at www.wwetipping.tk

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels

Winner: Shawn Michaels

WWE Championship Match: John Cena vs. Chris Jericho

Winner: John Cena

World Championship Match: Batista vs. JBL

Winner: Batista

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Winner: Matt Hardy

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

Winner: Randy Orton

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle

Winner: Kurt Angle

Ladder Match: Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

Winner: Rey Mysterio

WWE U.S. Championship Match: Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit

Winner: Chris Benoit

=======

The build-up hasn't been that great apart from Hogan/HBK but I can't wait for the PPV.

Guest Coffey

Predicted winner(s) in bold:

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels

WWE Championship Match:

John Cena© vs. Chris Jericho

World Championship Match:

Batista© vs. JBL

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle

Ladder Match:

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

WWE U.S. Championship Match:

Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit

Let's see, I think we'll get the return of Triple H tomorrow on Raw. I think we'll get the return of Trish tonight. I didn't pick a winner for Edge/Hardy because I don't think either will win. I think it'll be a double countout/double DQ/no contest.

No matter who wins the ladder match, it won't make sense. If Rey wins, Eddie has still never won and Rey knows that he's still not the real father. If Eddie wins, Reys win streak against him is over and Eddie gets custody of his child. Ugh. I'm going with Eddie because I think WWE could use him more. It'd put more heat on him.

I picked Angle over Eugene in the hopes that Angle "snaps" on Eugene and causes Eugene to not be retarded anymore. Then Eugene & Christy can start "having problems" because Eugene will be smarter than her and treat her like shit. It could make for some compelling TV.

Interesting storyline idea w/ Eugene and Christy, Coffey. I'd really dig them working an Ed Norton in Primal Fear-esque storyline with Eugene. Just one match after he's defeated somebody have him go nuts and give the guy four stunners and two rock bottoms and just lay him the fuck out. Have Christy be kinda scared at what's happened but when she asks him about it backstage he doesn't recall doing anything of the sort.

Fast-forward to 3 months down the road, the angle is at it's peak. By this point Eugene has a fully developed alternate persona. They could work it that other wrestlers are scared to throw down with him in case he decides to revert back to his other identity. Bischoff says he can't do anything about it because there's no actual proof that Eugene has somebody else existing within his subconcious.

The angle reaches it's climax with Eugene vs Cena for the title. Cena wins with the FU cleanly but afterwards Eugene snaps and begins to beat the everloving shit out of Cena, chairshots and the whole nine yards. Christy runs in and tries to stop him but Eugene turns around and takes her down and chokes her for a few seconds before Ace, Finlay, Skinner and Dean come down and pull him off of her. Later on that night you have Eugene in Bischoff's office. Bischoff tells Eugene that he's going to fire him if he doesn't fess up to what is going on. Eugene pleads innocent but gives himself away at the end when he says that he hopes that Christy will be fine.

PRIMAL EUGENE, BITCHES.