TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

Feedback for 8/18/05

I kind of rushed through putting it together because I'm pretty tired but, outside of the lack of content from NGA, Hoff or KC (for whatever reasons) it built the rest of the AngleSlam card pretty well. Scanning the main event cage match, Tony did a pretty good job.

Since the main event is a long one, I want to give it all my attention, so here's all the feedback for the rest of the show. I'm a keener!

Good opening promo, but France? If you’re saying stuff like that, shouldn’t you pick a neutral country like Czech?

Good promo with Alf/Mike. Who’s writing Mike’s character, by the way?

Heh, loved the interaction with Cal and Belial. Funny stuff.

Good match, and call me gullible, but I didn’t see Tony turning on CWM coming. Fun stuff to read.

I like how Vitamin X interrupted Parka’s interview. You’ve got to wonder why other people in real wrestling companies don’t do that. Then again, I suppose there aren’t too many sit down interviews in real wrestling companies. A pity, really.

Cole: Shades of Mark Jindrak there!

Never thought I’d see the day…

Didn’t like the random blood in the match to be honest, but I did like Cole explaining the usage of the surfboard.

PRL’s promo was somewhat funny (DESPITE the over usage of WWE catchphrases!), but the “guess who?” joke took a bit too long, me thinks.

Caboose: *coughGimmickInfringementcough*

LIGHTENING CREW!

Ha! Sorry, couldn’t help but notice that one.

CALVIN

Then last year, you and...

MALIBU

CAL!

Oh, come on Zack, let him finish! :P Good segment. I’m glad Zack and Cal aren’t suddenly buddy-buddy, but aren’t bitter rivals too. An uneasy GM/wrestler relationship is pretty cool.

When are Thunderkid and Reject from? Sigh, I feel so young. I’m really glad that it isn’t the cow.

I wrote all the stuff with me in it. The Mike stuff was pretty corny, because I wasn't familiar with the character.

TK and Reject are from late 02-early 03. I just re-posted their specs above.

I'm suprised that no one said anything about me having a commercial break during that match. I got writer's block and figured this was the best way to get them into a better position. Mike Guerriero is one of my cast of characters, by the way.

Sorry, double post

Edited by Masked Man of Mystery

Popick, you bastard! You stole the tag team cage match from me! I want to say so did the line about "bringing the content," but I can't remember if I originated that one. But I'll take credit for it anyway. Other than that, good promo. :)

I thought Mike came off looking good, in the sense that he went up to the champion man to man. If that makes any sense. I'm tired.

Nice little angle involving Ashley and the "benefactor."

Calvin broke the fourth wall. I liked how his character was written throughout the show. Foley-esque.

Good Parka/VX promo.

Belial's match did a good job putting him over.

JINGUS going Ozzy Osbourne on the mic = A+

The Deadly Alliance explode! Fun bit with the Cow.

To put myself over, I guess my two matches saved the show. I brought the content this week. Hooray me!

I finally got around to reading the show. It was pretty good. I am enjoying Calvin Szechstein's reign as HeldDOWN~! General Manager. I'm shocked that Thunderkid and Reject are back, although I always liked Reject, so I'm glad to see him finally appear on HeldDOWN~!. The Parka/Vitamin X segment was great. Props to LaParkaYourCar for that one. The main event was great. I was shocked that The South Central Militia returned. I had a feeling that The New New Midnight Express wouldn't lose, since this match took place on a HeldDOWN~!, and not a pay-per-view.

Good show everyone. Thumbs up.

Sign in to follow this