TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Damn You Helmsley

X-Factor

Guest Damn You Helmsley

What a completely unspectacular little group they were. Who had utterly terrible entrance music. All highlighted by Albert's Intercontinental title victory against Kane.

Did they defect during the Invasion? I can't remember what ended up happening to them as a group.

I remember X-Pac stayed with the WWF, because he was the only WWF star who was booed over the WCW guys. Albert was also WWF. Not sure about Credible, as he was a former ECW star, but so was Jerry Lynn and he stayed on the WWF side.

The group pretty much ended when Credible defected to the Alliance. X-Pac and Albert were still heels though but still stayed WWF. I even remember X-Pac having a promo with Christian (after he defected) about how he understands what it's like to be hated, etc.

Yeah, Credible jumped to the Alliance and that was it.

I still don't know what people had against Albert/A-Train. As far as big men go, he was pretty fucking good.

I think the problem was that Albert was just about the most anti charismatic wresler I've ever seen. Just a guy who kills a crowd with his very appearance, disgusting body hair, and plethora of body piercings. He wasn't necessarily inept but just the sort of guy who defined piss break.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I liked X-Factor, and their music. Waltman's & Credible's double-team finisher, "X-Marks the Spot" (double superkick) was pretty cool, too.

I wish they would have picked a better name then X-Factor. Cause for awhile everytime I heard the name I kept on thinking Havok, Strong Guy, Quicksilver, etc were going to come out and wrestle. :bonk:

Guest Quik

Worst theme music ever. Worst stable ever. Albert, Justin Credible, and X-Pac... in one group? The horror, the horror.

You dealin' wit da X-Factor!

Maybe they should have been called X-Force instead? As far as worst stable ever, I dunno. I'd say the Cabinet is just about as bad and even got pushed.

I'd also say the Right to Censor is as bad or worse. That gimmick killed the career of virtually anyone associated with it. Bull Buchanan got released, Godfather got released, Val and Stevie became Heat level jobbers, Ivory is now released I think.

I remember X-Pac stayed with the WWF, because he was the only WWF star who was booed over the WCW guys. Albert was also WWF. Not sure about Credible, as he was a former ECW star, but so was Jerry Lynn and he stayed on the WWF side.

I thought Lynn was out of the WWF before the invasion

Lynn was around for a few weeks as one of the background guys on the WWF side. He even had a decent Heat match with RVD, in spite of it being edited to hell. Then he hurt his knee, had surgery, and was released, I think as the invasion was winding down.

I loved X-Factor!

X-Factor wasn't that bad a stable and had some good workers. The only problem was X-Pac at this point was stale and yes, that theme music was really bad.

And I think X-Pac did defect towards the end of the InVasion when they realised is all he gets is boo'ed.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

X Factor broke up on Heat the night before the WCW/ECW RAW debuet

So the signs were all there for the ECW reformation the next night! Why didn't we pick up on this sooner!

xfactor had a second theme as well. I forgot who sang it. but this was fater justin left xpac and albert still teamed thru august I belive cuz I went to sd in la in august (the last night of the old sd set) when rhyno gored jericho thru it) and pac and albert teamed against Tajiri and spike dudley. But I liked their uncle kracker song for some reason . I hear dit at abr a while ago and I half expected xpac to come out

xpac never defected, he was the lightheavy champ and dissapeared in like september or october after being injured, only to return to the nWo after wm 18

Albert was a decent worker. I think the problem was that they were always trying to come up with some kind of comedy angle for him, rather than booking him as a bad ass that would just beat the crap out of people. The closest they probably got to making him click was when he was "A-Train."

Guest Fook
So the signs were all there for the ECW reformation the next night!  Why didn't we pick up on this sooner!

Because no one watches Heat?

The problem with X-Factor (aside from the music) is that none of the three had any credibility. X-Pac was beyond stale and the other two were pretty much jobbers. If they had given them some wins to build them up they could have been a decent midcard stable. Then maybe the fans wouldn't have shit all over it when Albert won the IC title.

A-Train was booked terribly. Every time he would get some sort of push they would immediately cut it short and send him back to Velocity for months at a time. No wonder he didn't get over.

Well, the reason every A-Train push was cut short is because he never drew one ounce of heat. He was the sort who had such a bad look with all the back hair and piercings that his very appearance sent people to the bathroom and concessions.

Albert did a few nice "I wish I was Vader" spots, but he really couldn't work a crowd like Vader.

xfactor  had a second theme as well. I forgot who sang it. but this was fater justin left xpac and albert still teamed thru august I belive cuz I went to sd in la in august (the last night of the old sd set) when rhyno gored jericho thru it) and pac and albert teamed against Tajiri and spike dudley.  But I liked their uncle kracker song for some reason .  I hear dit at abr a while ago and I half expected xpac to come out

xpac never defected, he was the lightheavy champ and dissapeared in like september or october after being injured, only to return to the nWo after wm 18

Say what?

2nd worst stable ever besides the Oddities. Yecch...don't even think about creating an oddities thread, the only notable thing they did was beat Kaientai in an awful squash at Summerslam 98.