TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory DVD Extras

From DVDAnswers.com

Further Details

Warner has announced standard and deluxe editions of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which stars Johnny Depp, David Kelly, Helena Bonham Carter and Freddie Highmore. Both DVD's will be available to own from the 8th November this year.

The standard single-disc set will retail at $28.98, whereas the double-disc edition should set you back around $30.97.

Both will carry 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfers, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX track. Extras on the single-disc will include a Oomp-Loompa Dance Machine, a Becoming Oompa-Loompa: How Did They Turn One Man into Thousands of Oompa-Loompas?!? documentary and the theatrical trailer.

Extras on the deluxe edition will include a featurette on Dahl's life story and extraordinary body of work, four interactive challenges (Oompa-Loompa Dance Machine, The Inventing Machine, The Bad Nut and Search For the Golden Ticket), a documentary on how live squirrels were taught to perform, five making of featurettes, and another feature on how one actor, Deep Roy, was turned into a multi-talented army of Oompa's. We've attached artwork below.

charliechocr1artpic1.jpg

charliechocr1artpic2.jpg

charliechocr1artpic3.jpg

charliechocr1artpic4.jpg

charliechocr1artpic5.jpg

Here they are talking about DVDs for it, and I'm only going to see it tomorrow.

...well, the reason for that is cause I'm going to see it in IMAX, and I wanted to wait until after Labor day. But still.

Also, unrelated, I'm seeing Batman Begins tomorrow for the first time in IMAX.

Guest Vitamin X

I think I should take the time in this thread to tell Yuna how I'm working as a production assistant on an independent film starring none other than Alan Cumming (along with Deborah Harry..?!).

Guest El Satanico

Kiss him and she'd like your story even more.

Oh great, now I've opened the "omg, yuna has GAYNESS in her sig" floodgates.

so the 2 dsic version is retailign for only 2 bucks more? who would bother buying the regualr version then?

Parents who use the tv as a babysitter; they buy it so the kid can zone out for a while and don't feel like dealing with the clunky extras.

I think I should take the time in this thread to tell Yuna how I'm working as a production assistant on an independent film starring none other than Alan Cumming (along with Deborah Harry..?!).

My thread, therefore I say...elaborate? Please? ^^

*thanks to the power of IMDB...* I'm guessing the film is 'Full Grown Men', which has Alan as 'The Hitchiker', ja?

Kiss him and she'd like your story even more.

Along with being a raging ball of jealous fangirl ;) But I'd love such an occurence for the simple braveness that took...along with the voyeuristic opportunity I missed out on.

omg, yuna has GAYNESS in her sig

I do? You're just reading into it. What could be gay about Floop and Wonka...and swirls...and prettyness...and a rainbowesque gradient on top?