TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 9/15 - 9/17

Guest Ether
Pitt indeed. I hope they finish poorly so Dave friggin' Wannstedt can't get a job beyond D-coordinator again.

I know you can say never say never, but he has pretty much said that Pitt will be his last coaching job.

I'm a sports writer right now.

I still love the Sooners but i'm looking at things realistically and I know how people view Big XII teams. Hell NOBODY respects OU's 2000 national title win.

Bullshit. Everyone remembers that they won a title, and beyond that they don't really remember much.

Unless the title's split or disputed in some way, (something like Michigan and Nebraska), everybody remembers national titles about the same, regardless of how good the team was or whether they were favored going into the game.

Whatever. Everyone talks about OU not being able to win the big one but conveniently forget they won the big one in 2000. When you try to point that out there's always some bullshit excuse about them not being that good, playing a bad FSU team, or not deserving it or something like that.

Oh and I'm not down on OU. God damn I'm being realistic. I'm looking at this team from every angle. I'm not being down on them. God damn dude take the crimson and cream colored glasses off.

Oh and I'm not down on OU. God damn I'm being realistic. I'm looking at this team from every angle. I'm not being down on them. God damn dude take the crimson and cream colored glasses off.

Dama, this is the guy who went back and edited his post from last week's college football thread just so he wouldn't have to take down his OU avatar for the year.

Dama, this is the guy who went back and edited his post from last week's college football thread just so he wouldn't have to take down his OU avatar for the year.

He did? Man, that goes in the Pathetic Hall of Fame. That takes a special kind of pathetic.

Yes the Crimson and Cream colored glasses did rule but once you start sports writing it kind of becomes hard to be a fan.

I mean I'm still a Sooner fan and hope for them to win all but I'm not blind...let's put it that way.

Wow, Dama, I made a point to look at them as the season progresses and now you 'Mr. Sports Writer' are looking at it as I'm a slobbering fan cause I support my school? If you can't look at the team and see that they have talent that needs to be developed then your a pretty fucking lousy excuese for a reporter, anyway.

He did? Man, that goes in the Pathetic Hall of Fame. That takes a special kind of pathetic.

Quiet you two. However, if Oklahoma doesn't beat UCLA I'll change my avatar to umm... Notre Dame, there. I promise this time.

Wow, Dama, I made a point to look at them as the season progresses and now you 'Mr. Sports Writer' are looking at it as I'm a slobbering fan cause I support my school? If you can't look at the team and see that they have talent that needs to be developed then your a pretty fucking lousy excuese for a reporter, anyway.

When did I ever say OU doesn't have talent? They have all the talent in the world. It's just new talent that'd underdeveloped and the coaching staff is not putting it into a position to win and honestly I don't have confidence in Chuck Long to do that after what I saw on Saturday.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
If he didn't say it, people would be saying it for him before long.

The guy is a chronic loser. The Bears sucked under him, the Dolphins never did that well under him, and he's next in line to get shitcanned by Pitt. Good riddance to a lousy head coach.

Pitt will be better by the end of the year and probably still contend for the Big East BCS bid, but it's sure not going to be a significant improvement over Walt Harris this year.

For OU/UCLA, I'm getting visions of another 200-yard game from Peterson, dragging the Sooners kicking and screaming to a win despite their best efforts otherwise.

Supposedly UCLA is soft on the defense and you can run all over them if you try....which we know OU will try and we know Peterson will try to smack someone in the mouth.

Honestly I don't think the problem for OU will be getting the offense going this weekend.

I worry more about the defense trying to stop Maurice Drew and Marcedes Lewis. I mean they let Tulsa's tight end have something like 11 catches and Lewis is MUCH better.

And I think the OU secondary will be tested though I don't think Olsen is the best QB they've seen this year to be honest.

UCLA is soft on D, which is odd because their linebackers are actually pretty good. OU should load up the box and make them throw it to Marcedes Lewis 15 times. UCLA's recievers can be contained.

OU has to make sure that they don't put Bomar in a position where he has to make plays. If they have to throw, he will be their downfall.

If Bomar has to run then he's just fine b/c he's made two big plays in OU's games with his legs.

But he's got unshakeable confidence. He's acting like he's not worried about this weekend at all and like he just had the greatest game of his life.

They're simplifying the offense and throwing shorter passes this week...so we'll see if he can handle it. I mean Eli Manning won a game when they did that in the NFL!

Oh and I hope the Sooner nation now realizes how great Jason White was.

I mean it's obvious after watching the team this year that he was just an awesome college QB. The guy never did anything that made you go "WOW!" but during the season(we'll forget the bowl games. lol) He just went out there and put the ball on the numbers. Those overthrows, INTs, and underthrows that Bomar made wouldn't have been made by White.

A local radio guy said "With Adrian Peterson or Barry Sanders they did things that made you go WOW! But with White he's just great and consistently great that you were used to it and you never stood up and shook your head in disbelief b/c you expected it from him."

I don't know if OU will ever have another QB like that.

Guest Vitamin X
UCLA is soft on D, which is odd because their linebackers are actually pretty good.  OU should load up the box and make them throw it to Marcedes Lewis 15 times.  UCLA's recievers can be contained. 

OU has to make sure that they don't put Bomar in a position where he has to make plays.  If they have to throw, he will be their downfall.

This guy's got it just about right. They've got a pretty good defensive line, too. Jarrad Page is decent at safety, Spencer Havner's a playmaker at MLB, and they've got Kevin Brown and Eric Hickman on the defensive line, I believe, both of whom are good players. So I don't understand why they're soft on defense, maybe it's because they're primarily an offensive team with Drew Olsen, Marcedes Lewis, and Maurice Drew (They're like the NCAA San Diego Chargers).

Blowouts over Rice and SDSU aren't anything to get all excited about yet, however. I'll be happy if they do the same to OU this weekend. For fuck's sake, if TCU could do it..

Quiet you two. However, if Oklahoma doesn't beat UCLA I'll change my avatar to umm... Notre Dame, there. I promise this time.

Notre Dame sounds pretty random. That's no fun. How about a picture of Maurice Drew scoring a TD with a caption of something like "Drew 23-16 (or whatever the final score is) says UCLA just whipped your ass."

I really can't see Pitt winning this weekend.

That being said, I think they'll be a real contender next year. With the recruiting class they've got lined up, and the fact that Tyler Palko (and, by extention, Greg Lee) won't have NFL draft prospects after this stinker of a season will mean that next year, we'll have two budding stars on the team who are more experienced and more dangerous. I'm convinced the team has quite a bit of talent at the skill positions (including the freshman runningback who won the job in the preseason), they just need to shore up the lines.

UCLA is soft on D, which is odd because their linebackers are actually pretty good.  OU should load up the box and make them throw it to Marcedes Lewis 15 times.  UCLA's recievers can be contained. 

OU has to make sure that they don't put Bomar in a position where he has to make plays.  If they have to throw, he will be their downfall.

This guy's got it just about right. They've got a pretty good defensive line, too. Jarrad Page is decent at safety, Spencer Havner's a playmaker at MLB, and they've got Kevin Brown and Eric Hickman on the defensive line, I believe, both of whom are good players. So I don't understand why they're soft on defense, maybe it's because they're primarily an offensive team with Drew Olsen, Marcedes Lewis, and Maurice Drew (They're like the NCAA San Diego Chargers).

Blowouts over Rice and SDSU aren't anything to get all excited about yet, however. I'll be happy if they do the same to OU this weekend. For fuck's sake, if TCU could do it..

I don't know why they are soft on defense, the only reason I can truly think of is that they don't fight off blocks, otherwise, I've got nothing.

Skip Bayless wrote an OU homer article.....it was just weird b/c I didn't know that about him.

ESPN also thinks we should petition the NCAA to give Jason White a 9th year of eligibility.

If UCLA plays contain defense, OU is dead. Peterson can be stopped and UCLA is getting so disrespected that I truly feel like they will be the one to stop him. OU will HAVE to win the game on defense and hope their QB doesn't cost them the game.

Peterson is not going to be able to do to UCLA what he did to Tulsa. OU has to show something or Peterson won't finish this game.

Guest I miss Test.

OU. OU. OU. Did you know I'm a writer for OU? I'm unbiased now, though. I do it for OU. OU. I knew Jason White at OU. But, he was scared off by how large and manly I was at OU.

Oh God, going back to that Pitt point...these guys CANNOT under any circumstances be in contention for a BCS bid again. No. Under no circumstances. It was a complete joke they got in the BCS last year, but this year?? After losing to OHIO?