TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

Lengthy Dixie Carter Interview

In a business filled with individuals bent on self-promotion, Dixie Carter is an aberration. As the president of TNA Wrestling Inc., Carter is one of the most influential names in the wrestling business, running the second-largest wrestling promotion in the United States. But she is virtually unknown outside the executive offices of TNA in Nashville. She avoids the spotlight altogether and prefers to keep the focus on the TNA wrestlers.

What is known, however, is that TNA probably would not exist today if not for the involvement of Carter and her ties to principal investor Panda Energy International, a Dallas-based company that owns and operates low-cost power plants.

Carter and her marketing firm got involved with professional wrestling back in 2002 when she signed on with TNA founders Jeff and Jerry Jarrett. Carter had previously represented music acts and a few other athletes, but she was impressed by the business plan the Jarretts put in front of her and was eager to help promote and market the upstart wrestling company. But her role in TNA became much more crucial when it looked like the Jarretts were about to lose their financing. Carter secured the investment of her father’s company and helped TNA land national television outlets, first with Fox Sports Net and now with Spike TV.

With TNA on the verge of relaunching Impact on a new network—on the old cable home of WWE, no less—Carter agreed to a rare interview to discuss the future of TNA, her role behind the scenes, her thoughts on WWE, and her opinion of the storylines and in-ring product of TNA.

“Because I knew so little about Dixie as a person and, like most people, didn’t know the level of her day-to-day role in TNA operations, I really wasn’t sure what to expect,” reported Senior Writer Dan Murphy. “The moment she came on the phone line, she spoke passionately and enthusiastically about the TNA product, and she didn’t try to avoid any of my questions. She struck me as extremely intelligent, very caring, and genuinely excited about the future of TNA.”

DAN MURPHY: Let’s start with a little background. How did the relationship between TNA and Panda Energy get started?

DIXIE CARTER: That kind of happened a good bit after my involvement started with the company. I got a phone call from the president of Monterey Peninsula Talent. They are a major booking company, booking rock bands and country bands and things such as that. And he suggested that I get together with this group that they had been talking to, TNA Wrestling, because they were looking for a company to handle marketing, promotion, and publicity for them. I said, yeah, I’d be interested. At the time, my main focus was music. I had represented record labels, a lot of music artists, and some NFL athletes. I had the women’s professional billiards tour on ESPN, just a variety of sports and entertainment clients. So I took the meeting, and from the very first meeting, I was blown away by the vision Jeff Jarrett and the crew came in and laid out for me. I had interest and pitched the business and got it.

An interesting sidebar story—talk about what a small world it is. When I graduated from college, I moved into my first apartment in Las Colinas in Dallas. I saw this blond-headed guy in the parking lot. He came up to me and said hello and said to me, “So what do you do?” I told him I worked for an advertising and marketing firm in Dallas and said, “So what do you do?” He said he was a professional wrestler. I was like, “Yeah, right, sure you are.” He had the blond locks, the whole thing. And he said, “My name’s Jeff Jarrett.” My mother’s maiden name is Jarrett, so that always stuck with me. We used to live next door to each other in Dallas. Literally, our apartments touched. At our first meeting, I asked him if he ever lived in Las Colinas. It’s just funny how those sorts of things happen.

FREE TRIAL!

London Publishing Co. now enables the readers of PRO WRESTLING ILLUSTRATED, THE WRESTLER, and INSIDE WRESTLING to preview select articles well in advance of their publication dates. To allow you to get you acquainted with this service, these articles are available to pwi-online.com visitors free of charge for a limited time only. In the future, this special service will be available only to subscribers of PWI’s print edition.

To subscribe to PWI and enjoy all the bonus benefits of pwi-online.com, please click below:

Subscribe

[Note: We will notify subscribers how to receive their subscription passwords at a later date.]

MURPHY: When exactly did you personally first get involved?

CARTER: I began working with him way in advance of the first show. I was very, very impressed by the whole organization, the concept of the weekly pay-per-views, and a lot of things the company had going for them. It was very easy to see the potential of what a wrestling company such as this could become. A couple months into it, Jeff came to me and said we were in a situation where we lost our funding. He was confident he would find something, but didn’t know how long it would take. So I started thinking about it. My parents have a company called The Panda Group out of Dallas. It’s absolutely not into entertainment, but I know my dad to be the biggest entrepreneur out of all the business leaders and CEOs and presidents and chairmen I’ve worked with of Fortune 500 companies. He’s one of the most creative, out-of-the-box-thinking guys. I took this to him and said, “Look, in this industry, there’s only one competitor with a $900-plus-million market cap. There’s room for two. A few years ago, there were two, and these were the kinds of numbers they were doing. With a company such as yours to manage and oversee the financial aspect of it, I think this could potentially be a home run for you.” He said let’s do it.

MURPHY: You touched on some of the financial aspects of doing business. According to reports that I’ve read—and those were all based on estimates, so forgive me if I’m not entirely accurate—TNA operated at a pretty sizeable loss the first year, which is to be expected of any startup company. There were also losses the second year, but there was marked improvement and a better bottom line. Is Panda willing to sustain ongoing losses as long as they see improvement, or is TNA in a position where it needs to stand on its own to survive?

CARTER: I think we’re at that point. People have been writing our epitaph from the very first week, even before that. You know that. You’ve read them, and I’ve read them and followed them through the years. I think the one thing that Panda and Bob Carter realize is that to start up a company, you’re not going to turn a profit in the first month, the first year. It’s not a strong likelihood that that will happen in any industry, much less wrestling. From the very beginning, we have had a very specific strategic plan in place, and we have met each of our milestones along the way and have continued to grow this at the pace at which we envisioned. We are there as a company. We are there to take this to a completely different level. I’m very proud that we have taken this company, as a three-year old company—in September we will be seen in 118 countries worldwide. In weeks we will have our toys from Marvel, which is one of the top toy makers in the world, in Wal-Marts and Best Buys around the country. We have a home video distribution deal with a street date of October 4 or 5. We’re within weeks of signing a video game deal.

MURPHY: It sounds like there’s a real convergence of things going on all at the same time.

CARTER: It is a very, very exciting time for this company. We don’t have a large staff. I feel like each person works the job of 10 people. I feel like we’re hungry, we’re aggressive in going after this, we have a “will-not-be-defeated” attitude. It’s seen in the office staff. It’s seen in the talent. When I look at our guys in the ring taping television shows that will only be seen internationally like we’re doing this summer, before we start on Spike, and I see the effort they’re putting forth, it blows my mind. Some guys would be holding back and saying, “I don’t want to get hurt” or, “I don’t want to do this.” They’re putting it on the line every time they are in the ring, and they are making a statement that they will be taken seriously. They know that the sum of their performances will equal the greatness that we can achieve.

MURPHY: Dixie, you tend to keep a low profile in this wrestling world where the name of the game is getting yourself over and vying for attention. People know you are there, but the average TNA fan couldn’t pick you out of a lineup. What is your actual day-to-day involvement with the operations? How much input do you have on the actual in-ring product?

CARTER: I’m involved in every aspect of the company. As far as me keeping a low profile, there are two schools of thought. One is to come to work and do a great job and let your results speak for themselves. The other is to involve yourself in a storyline and try to get yourself over and make certain elements revolve around you. That’s just not the type of personality I have.

MURPHY: Which kinds of brings me to Vince Russo, who as creative director did involve himself as a major player in storylines, beginning in WCW and into TNA? What are your thoughts on that style and Russo himself?

CARTER: I think Vince Russo is a creative genius. I adore him as a person. I have sat in rooms with him and just seen creative brilliance. But Vince Russo would have loved to have been behind the scenes and not on the air. He was so good on the air that we were insistent that he be out there.

MURPHY: Do you see WWE as the competition that you have to stay abreast of, or are you more concerned with staying focused entirely on the progress of TNA?

CARTER: I think we absolutely need to stay focused on ourselves and what we are going to do different. If I had to put one word to our product, it would be innovative. From day one, that’s been this company’s philosophy—and it started with Jeff, who had success in the other wrestling organizations. Here’s a guy who, when WCW went away, said there’s an opportunity in this industry, and I’m going to step out of my comfort zone as a wrestler and attempt to do something about it. I just have tremendous respect for people who are willing to step out on a ledge and take a risk for an unlimited return, and that’s what he did. Our philosophy as a company has been to be innovative. If it’s been done before, then we need to be able to do it better than it’s ever been done, or we have to come up with something completely new. Have we done that for three years? No. But I will say this company has never been in a better position on a day-to-day basis through our creative product to the business side of this company.

MURPHY: What was it like negotiating with Spike TV? Were they initially receptive to bringing in a wrestling company other than WWE? Did you really have to sell yourselves? Was their mentality that this was an opportunity to reach a different audience, or did you encounter a perception that you were a step down from WWE programming?

CARTER: I think they were very open to a meeting. I don’t think that signing additional or new wrestling product to their network was a goal for them. But when they took the meeting and saw the product, I think everybody’s eyebrows raised. They saw a lot of potential. They saw the product as innovative and different. They saw it as an opportunity to work with a company that is very aggressive and motivated and excited to work with them as a partner to grow a franchise together. That’s what caused them to make the decision.

MURPHY: You mentioned that Spike TV saw real potential with TNA. What do you think your main competitive advantages are over WWE?

CARTER: I would say that our wrestlers and the wrestling that they do, I would put that up against anybody in the world, not just WWE. There is great wrestling all over this world. I think we are a blend of some of those styles from around the world—the Japanese mat style, Lucha Libre. The X division in particular reflects that. Some of our wrestlers have been to the big game and have seen it and experienced it, but they are experiencing it through completely different glasses now. I think it will be so much sweeter for them the second time around, based on talking to them and knowing them. And then we have the guys who have never been to the dance before who deserve to have that national platform and who are doing things that have never been seen in wrestling, ever.

MURPHY: A.J. Styles, for example, never fails to impress. He’s always coming up with something incredible to watch.

CARTER: Always! You look at a guy like Abyss. A guy of that size doing the things he does. Lance Hoyt. These are guys who aren’t household names now, but they will be. Monty Brown—the charisma, the talent. These people deserve to be seen. To me, there is absolutely no way you can watch these shows and not be impressed by this group. The innovation, the six-sided ring, the X division, the six sides of steel, Ultimate X. We have attempted to take wrestling to a different level from the innovative side of it. When it comes down to it, it’s all about our locker room, and those are the guys who make this company special.

MURPHY: You are replacing WWE on Spike, only in a different time slot and day. Do you feel a pressure to have a product that resembles WWE, or is this an opportunity to be completely different?

CARTER: We don’t see us as replacing WWE. To me, no one can replace the WWE product. They are who they are, and we are who we are. I think with Spike, they are looking at this as a completely different product that has tremendous upsides and are very interested in helping us grow our franchise. I don’t see those comparisons, and I think Spike would feel the same way.

MURPHY: What sort of ratings will you be looking at internally for the show to be considered a success?

CARTER:There’s not a specific rating. I think we will have success from the very beginning. My gut tells me that. I think it will grow from a ratings standpoint. The one thing that this company has been missing is mass exposure. We have a great product, we have great talent, we have unique elements to our show. The only thing we have been missing is the opportunity for the mass audience to find us. Universal Studios (where TNA tapes Impact) is a unique opportunity for us. If you’re in any kind of entertainment, touring is the most expensive element to try to grow the product. The trucking and the insurance, and just to drop lights and to hang them is just a ridiculous amount of money. We have 15 million people a year coming to us. What better opportunity to have this large sound stage and an amazing marketing partner such as Universal Orlando, and have the people coming to us.

MURPHY: I was going to ask you about touring, but you raised another point I’d like to address. With Universal Orlando, you do have all those people coming in, but they’re not necessarily wrestling fans. Because at least some of these people at your shows aren’t wrestling fans, they might not react the way you want—being too quiet during TV tapings, or not understanding the various storylines, and so forth. Do you find it to be a challenge to educate those people, or an opportunity to tap into a new audience?

CARTER: It’s a huge opportunity. Think about it. When you walk through those doors and you look to your right, there’s a huge billboard of ours up there. If you’re a wrestling fan or not, you’re going to look up there and see there’s a production here called TNA Wrestling. When you walk in and you see a brochure distributed with our logo telling you what time the show is and talking about some of our stars—those people, whether they come to the show or not, they will be touched by our product.

MURPHY: Building brand awareness.

CARTER: Absolutely. Our biggest concern right now is with Spike. We’ve never been on television in Orlando. What’s going to happen with a successful Spike show, because we’re so limited with the number of seats we have? The business plan we’ve had all along does include touring, but when we do it, it will be the right time, the right market for us, and the right way. And it will make sense for our company.

MURPHY: Back when TNA began, it was a racier product. Gradually things have toned down a little. But you have those initials, TNA, which could have more than one meaning. Have those initials been an obstacle in meeting with potential advertisers and TV outlets, and if so, have you considered rebranding?

CARTER:I don’t think it’s been an obstacle. It is, and always has been since day one, what we’re all about, and that’s Total Nonstop Action. When you watch our pay-per-views, we’re going to go until they’re about to shut off our satellite feed. And we’ll give you more wrestling in a shorter period of time than you’ll see anywhere else. If wrestling’s not your deal, then we may not be the product for you. But if you truly love wrestling, we are all about Total Nonstop Action.

MURPHY: The six-sided ring was a huge innovation, especially in the X division, where it gave guys new areas to perch from and opened up the game a bit more. Now that you have done that, do you feel that has had the effect you were looking for? Have you given any thought to bringing back the traditional square ring and maybe using the six-sided ring just for X division or other specialty matches?

CARTER:Absolutely not. I think it’s everything and more than we ever hoped it would be. That was Jeff Jarrett’s idea. I’ll never forget it. Driving down the road, we had just left Fox Sports, and he says, “Let me throw something out at you. What would you think if we went to a six-sided ring?” I’m always the one that would say, “That’s crazy, over-the-top thinking.” And I went, “Ah! But what would the traditionalists think?” He talked for about two minutes, and I was completely on board. I’ve got to tell you, when you’re flipping through the channels, that ring automatically distinguishes us. It’s something different. And through the graphics we have, the Fox Box, the ticker—you’re going to continue to see things different with our programming because we’re always going to try to do things different.

MURPHY: Earlier, you mentioned that TNA has several guys on the roster who have worked for WWE and WCW. Some of those veterans have helped your organization tremendously, like Sting, whose involvement really helped TNA build credibility early on. Others, like Randy Savage for example, were flops that didn’t work out. What are the advantages to bringing in a wrestler who made a name elsewhere as opposed to the potential risk of being seen as a company for guys fans see as has-beens or guys who couldn’t cut it in WWE?

CARTER: Let me give you an example. Kevin Nash. Top of his game. Big name. Movie star now. Do you run a risk of bringing him into your locker room and disrupting it? Yes, but with Kevin, and the people that we have brought in and have stayed with us, those people who have had success in the past have come in and, in my opinion, have worked harder than they ever had before. The match Jeff and Kevin had back at Against All Odds, you could not have asked for Kevin Nash to perform any better. He was brilliant. He is impressed with guys on our roster, and he sees it as his opportunity to use his star power to help get those guys over. It takes a very confident, successful person such as Kevin and the others who have come in and done that—Sting, DDP—and not only shine on the level they’re capable of shining, but also to make the other guys look great. They have done nothing but contribute to our locker room and our program.

I think it also goes to the quality of guys we have on our roster. They’re not coming in and being greeted with egos. They’re greeted by our guys, who are fans. We have a roster full of wonderful men and women. It’s what I’m most proud of with our company.

MURPHY: This is probably the most sensitive question I have, and it’s about Jeff Jarrett. He was obviously a driving force in putting together TNA, along with his father, Jerry. But there is the criticism—and it seems to be growing—of people who see Jarrett as a guy who had success in a very down period in WCW and mid-card success in the WWF. They see him as being a career mid-card guy and not the man to carry a promotion, especially one that is trying to establish itself as young and innovative. How do you respond to the people who say Jarrett is not the guy who should be carrying the ball for TNA?

CARTER: I think, if you look at Jeff Jarrett’s performances day in and day out, he is at the pinnacle of his career. From his promo work to his in-ring skill, he can take a wrestler who is not that great, and he can make a match shine. He has tremendous capabilities, and I think people are selling him short. Maybe they think it’s because this is his company, so that’s what’s happening. I think Jeff is in the position he’s in because, honestly, of having some star power from the past, but also from being great in the ring, great on the mike, and having the ability to stir it up big time as a heel. He’s in a good place for our company. Are there other people around him? Absolutely. There’s a group of people kind of leading the company right now, but I think Jeff is there for a reason. And he’s not putting himself in that position. There’s a crew of people who we have entrusted to make decisions. Jeff’s biggest problem is his inability to want to push himself. When Dusty Rhodes came in and was doing some writing for us, Dusty pushed Jeff harder than he had ever been pushed before. I think between our creative staff and our account relations staff, we have the best team that we have ever had in place. Everybody is in agreement on our talent, and that includes Jeff. And I’m going to respect and support that 100 percent.

MURPHY: Jarrett is in a very difficult position because people do know he is involved behind the scenes, but he’s also a proven performer and can deliver in the ring and on the mike. It’s just that he has been on the national scene for so long now that he gets criticized for being stale. But he’s made it this far because he is a proven commodity.

CARTER: Absolutely. If Jeff was crappy in the ring and we had to work with him, if he didn’t hold his own and do what he does, then he wouldn’t be in the position he’s in. He’s in that position—pretty much as our top heel—because that’s the emotion he draws. I wouldn’t want to be him for anything in the world. Jeff looks at it like a challenge. I’m sure at times it’s not easy for him. You look at Jeff, and if he can use his star power and abilities to make someone else look good, he will be the very first person to stand up and do that. You can’t ask for more from a talent or a leader in this company.

MURPHY: On to Monty Brown. A lot of people had him pegged as being TNA’s big homegrown breakout star, possibly being for TNA what Goldberg was for WCW. Even with his unexpected heel turn, do you think he still has what it takes to be the guy in TNA?

CARTER: All I can say is everything you just said about Monty Brown I agree with, and would take it one step further. He has amazing potential, and so much natural charisma and talent and will be a superstar. Like everything else, his time and the right way will come, and I think he’s going to blow the doors off the popularity of wrestling as we know it. I think he’ll cross barriers. To give you an example, we put him on The Best Damn Sports Show Period. Monty’s not Brett Favre or Terrell Owens or something like that. He’s been to a couple Super Bowls and was an amazing linebacker with a storied football career. Here’s a guy who, when he’s at a Super Bowl and all the guys are hanging out at the fancy parties, he’s driving 100 miles to sit with 50 people and watch a wrestling show. To know that about him made me love him that much more. This has been his dream. He went out there, and everyone from the executive producers to the head of the Fox Sports Network said, “Oh my God! That guy wasn’t on camera for 10 seconds and I’ve never seen the crowd whipped into that kind of frenzy.” They didn’t know who the hell he was! He looked so amazing and just knows how to work it. He is a great guy and deserves so much success, and I can’t wait until he gets it.

MURPHY: TNA has loosened its restrictions on allowing talent to work for Ring of Honor, and even went so far as to bring in Austin Aries for the Sacrifice pay-per-view. Do you look at promotions like ROH as competition? Or might you look into building a working arrangement with ROH for co-promotional opportunities? Is it just a matter of keeping an eye on them for potential new talent?

CARTER: I don’t think we would necessarily work with them or look at them as competition. They fill an exciting niche in that part of the country and have been a breeding ground for some really amazing talent. Samoa Joe, who we just signed, I think is going to be a big star. You talk about someone at that size with the match he had against A.J. last month. He’s going to turn a lot of heads. It’s great for wrestlers to have that outlet, to be able to perform on that level to cultivate their skills. It’s a great place for us and WWE and everybody to look and say, “Hey, there’s some great talent there.” We allow our talent to work independents. The reason why they couldn’t was for a very specific reason that we as a company felt strongly about. Other than that, we’ve had absolutely no problems.

MURPHY: How sensitive is TNA management—and you specifically—to criticism of the company on the Internet? The nature of the beast is that you’re always going to have critics in wrestling. Do you take those potential criticisms into account when you plan storylines, or do you just book things your own way and let the discontents have their say?

CARTER: There will always be discontents, especially in wrestling. It is the most unusual animal, where there is a fraction of fans out there who are so involved in the product and storylines that everyone feels they could do it better. So you’ll never be able to appease everyone. What we have to do is look at our successes. We have set very realistic goals that we need to achieve and we have continued to achieve those. We’ll let ratings and PPV buys be our barometer. If those are working in the way that we want to see them happen, then we will continue on. If it doesn’t, we’ll look to make changes. I would love for everybody to do nothing but to talk great about TNA, and honestly, I feel like that’s going to happen once people get to see our product in a greater capacity. It’s not going to be for everyone. If you don’t really love wrestling, and the storylines and talking in the ring for extended periods of time is what excites you, then we might not be the product for you. That’s why you have chocolate and vanilla ice cream, Coke and Pepsi, and WWE and TNA.

MURPHY: Dixie, I just have two more questions, and I would like to thank you once again for being so candid. TNA decided to hold a Chris Candido Memorial Tag Team Tournament. How did this tournament come about?

CARTER: It was the creative staff. Chris isn’t somebody that we just want to see fade away. He was such an inspiration to our guys and had been very successful in the business. He had personal challenges and professional challenges that he had overcome, and you talk about a leader in the locker room, somebody who was so grateful to be given an opportunity and came in every day with a smile on his face. He would infuse enthusiasm to all those who sat next to him at lunch, or were in line getting food, or strapping on their boots next to him. I had the unfortunate circumstance of meeting his family at his funeral. You could tell why the guy was such a quality guy, because he has an amazing family. We just released the Lockdown DVD. I called his father and said, “I need to ask you a question. Do you want us to remove that match where he broke his leg from the Lockdown DVD?” I couldn’t even get it out before he said, “Absolutely not. Chris would not have wanted that whatsoever. He would have wanted it in there.” And I said, “But it shows the break several times.” To us that night, it was just a break. When that happened, I jumped back. It was so sweet because B.G. James was holding his hand on one side, and B.G.’s knuckles, the tips of his fingers, were white. He was holding my hand on the other, and he was in so much pain and was so aware of the two hands he was holding. He kept apologizing and apologizing. And I said, “Are you crazy? This means nothing. You’ll go on. This is just a temporary setback.”

But he had had bad experiences before in WCW and the WWF. It was so heartbreaking. His father said he was so happy to be a part of TNA. He said it was something so special and thank you for the opportunity, and please leave that in there. I know he would have wanted it because he was so proud to be a part of TNA. We did some bonus footage of Chris in the DVD, and we’re donating a good part of the proceeds to his foundation. His dad just called me and said he and his brother would like to be at the next pay-per-view to see the culmination of the tournament. The loss of one of your members is tragic. At the last PPV, there was someone in the front and center holding up a banner about Chris. I love it when I see that, and I know he is smiling down from heaven.

MURPHY: The wrestling business has always been a male-dominated industry. How difficult has it been for you, a woman without a wrestling background, to interact with the wrestlers? Do people think you have never done this and really don’t know what they do, or have the guys been willing to work with you?

CARTER: I’m very fortunate to have complete respect from the talent and staff. I’m sure there are times some people feel like, She does not know wrestling … what is she talking about? But again, I’m just trying to bring a different thought pattern to a company that we’re trying to grow. I’ve been in the entertainment business all my life. And while wrestling is a different animal, I think I know what I bring to the table and I know how to spot the brilliance in other people. People like Scott D’Amore. You put them in a creative position. You don’t see me in there writing the show. I’m not on camera. I’m doing what I know I do best to allow those other people to fill out the rest of the company. I think it’s different when people see a female. I mean, I went to a private girls prep school in Dallas. People look at me now and say, “You’re doing what?”

MURPHY: You’re hanging out with guys like Abyss.

CARTER: Yeah! I had a baby girl almost seven months ago. Abyss was in the hospital, and she fit in the palm of his hand. Here is this special guy who cancelled a wrestling date to come here because he truly in his heart cares about me and this child, and that’s what makes our talent so special. It’s a family.

MURPHY: You ought to keep that under wraps. You’re going to ruin Abyss’ monster persona.

CARTER: He was not a monster that day, that’s for sure!

Credit: Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Thoughts?

Jarrett is fucking her.

Guest *KNK*

Jeff and Dixie are clearly involved with each other. Stephanie McMahon doesn't put Triple H over this much.

Of all that was said in that detailed interview, that's all I really got out of it.

It's clear that JJ has been following trips advice...only he gets to sleep with the boss, not the boss's daughter.

I mean when she starts talking about his blonde hair, etc. Sheesh is that kid Jeff's ?

With Jarrett winning Dixie Carter over in his favor along with the booking committee, Jarrett will once again be plastered all over Impact shows and burying challengers on PPV along the way, leading to many fans refusing to watch Impact on Spike TV. This will obviously result in low ratings and cause Spike TV to cancel Impact sometime later.

With Jarrett winning Dixie Carter over in his favor along with the booking comittee, Jarrett will once again be plastered all over Impact shows and burying challengers on PPV along the way, leading to many fans refusing to watch Impact on Spike TV. This will obviously result in low ratings and cause Spike TV to cancel Impact sometime later.

Still, you've got to admire the quality post PR made to make his point.

It's sad, but it's true. With Jarrett at the helm, what little chance TNA has of making it is gone. Jarrett on top might not make TNA die, but it won't make them grow either.

I was rolling my eyes at the immediate streak of immature comments.  I hope Dixie reads this thread :lol:

How are they immature?

She's gushing over him like an infatuated teenager. Seriously, if you can't see it then maybe you're blind. So maybe she's not sleeping with him, but she's SURELY a JJ mark thenand that's just as bad (And says even less about her if she is)

I was rolling my eyes at the immediate streak of immature comments.  I hope Dixie reads this thread :lol:

How are they immature?

She's gushing over him like an infatuated teenager. Seriously, if you can't see it then maybe you're blind. So maybe she's not sleeping with him, but she's SURELY a JJ mark thenand that's just as bad (And says even less about her if she is)

We have a winner.

With the way Dixie is talking about Jeff, she's either infatuated with him to a CarnivalizComing-like degree, or has totally fallen for Jerry and Jeff's bullshit.

One of these days, CarnivalizComing will hopefully see Jeff Jarrett for what he truly is much like RespectTheTaker did a few years ago with The Undertaker.

Then again, CarnivalizComing has a gimmick of being Jarrett's "son", so that may never happen.

I think it's simply a case of Dixie not knowing enough about wrestling to distinguish between what JJ is, and what he isn't. I imagine (I don't watch TNA, so maybe I am wrong on this) she hears JJ get heat and thinks that's the best they can do, because she doesn't have the proper frame of reference to judge. She says "star power" in the regard of "people know who he is", and no doubt most wrestling fans who have been watching for the past 10 years do. But those people know JJ as a career mid-carder, which is damaging to an unknown company when he's your top star.

Well, Dixie turned out to be a moron. If you need proof, everything she said about JJ is delusional. The bitch is CRAZY. I guess we can count her as another of Jeff's cronies. That's pretty fuckin' scary.

TNA's only saving grace is D'Amore and Tenay having most of the book. After all, Jarrett just HATES to push himself, and I'm pretty sure those two guys realize how detrimental he is to the company. Then again, there's always been an excuse for when Jarrett comes out on top.

TNA is run by morons. they are doomed.

I think it's simply a case of Dixie not knowing enough about wrestling to distinguish between what JJ is, and what he isn't.  I imagine (I don't watch TNA, so maybe I am wrong on this) she hears JJ get heat and thinks that's the best they can do, because she doesn't have the proper frame of reference to judge.  She says "star power" in the regard of "people know who he is", and no doubt most wrestling fans who have been watching for the past 10 years do.  But those people know JJ as a career mid-carder, which is damaging to an unknown company when he's your top star.

If Dixie hasn't worked out by now that Jeff is getting "get the fuck off my tv" heat, then she isn't listening to the right people, or the right people don't have the balls to come out and tell her point blank that Jeff Jarrett is the death of TNA when it comes to becoming a real player in wrestling. There are people in TNA, almost everyone involved actually, who know the score with Jeff and how much of an anchor he is.

If Dixie hasn't worked out by now that Jeff is getting "get the fuck off my tv" heat, then she isn't listening to the right people, or the right people don't have the balls to come out and tell her point blank that Jeff Jarrett is the death of TNA when it comes to becoming a real player in wrestling. There are people in TNA, almost everyone involved actually, who know the score with Jeff and how much of an anchor he is.

That's like a WWE guy telling Vince that Hunter is bad for TV. Vince would probably give them the same explanation as Dixie gave too, cept HHH has some figures to support his title reigns :)

JJ and Dixie are tight, that's pretty clear. JJ has his guys in the company, and I imagine it's enough to scare anyone off from going against him. And I imagine Dixie has been told that the naysayers are just "jealous" or "don't understand" or "everyone is like that on the internet". Besides, if JJ has given her the impression that "he doesn't want to be on TV", then that puts him in an even better light.

"Get the fuck off my TV" heat isn't exactly something you just pick up, especially when you have people telling you that it's good heat. I don't imagine TNA is exactly the "family" that it is portrayed as, since wrestling has never really been a team sport. JJ is better as a friend than an enemy, so guys will work that to their advantage.

Guest Coffey

I liked the part about Abyss going to see her new born baby and missing a wrestling date to do so. He seems like a nice dude.

I liked the part about Abyss going to see her new born baby and missing a wrestling date to do so. He seems like a nice dude.

Or he's just smart. Think about it. He blew off a date with a less important promotion to visit the boss of his largest promotion who has the power to dictate his push and pay.

Guest *KNK*

Or he's just smart. Think about it. He blew off a date with a less important promotion to visit the boss of his largest promotion who has the power to dictate his push and pay.

Yeah there's always a hidden meaning in every course of action. People can't be nice for the sake of being nice. There's always a political move in everything.

God smarks are so cynical.

Guest MikeSC

I can appreciate her building up her company and pimping her talent. I really wouldn't expect her to say "Jeff? Oh that shitbrick is fucking horrible" or anything. Her words about JJ don't concern me in the slightest. I'm sure if you asked Vince in an interview, he'd call his cruisers great talents and discuss the sheer promise of Orlando Jordan.

Now, Jeff being the champ now --- that is disconcerting.

Maybe I am less cynical than everyone hear, but what exactly was she supposed to do? Trash the champion of her company? She put everyone over huge in that interview, gushing about Abyss's size, Lance fucking Hoyt, Monty Brown, Kevin fucking Nash for christ sake. She was putting over the people that she employs. She was questioned specifically about Jeff. What purpose would saying that Jeff has been on top too long, we need to move elseware to make the product better going to do?

You don't trash your company in a internet interview when the company has relyed on the internet to sell its PPVs, hell...everything since they have been off the air. This interview is how any owner of any company should address their company. Anything negative that needs to be said should be kept in house and thats where it should stay.