TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The Amazing Race: Family Edition Thread

Figures that the Weavers get a Christian cab driver just to annoy me more about the "God's helping us out" crap. If I was playing the "Religious Whacko Weavers" drinking game, I would have been blitzed 45 minutes in.

I am damn glad that the two strongest teams finished 1-2, though not having the female Linz do that trapeze Roadblock was a very dumb decision.

[Weaver Mode ON]God willing, this will probably be the only "Family" edition this show ever has. Please God, let this be true. [Weaver Mode OFF]

Guest Monty Burns

I don't get why the clue referred to it as La Tour CN, just to screw everyone up I guess. The geography puzzle was cool, I would've kicked major arse at that.

'La Tour CN'? C'mon.

Don't knock it - remember that the Linzes figured it out immediately, while the Weavers didn't have a guy who spoke French to translate for them.

Loved the final Roadblock. Talk about pressure.

Also, after finishes in known cites like Seattle, Chicago, San Francisco and New York, we get a finish in... Lewiston? Was it too much to ask them to drive the extra 10 miles to Buffalo?

WHO DEY! WHO DEY! WHO DEY BEAT DEM LINZES?!

The best part came after that -

Tommy: Noone, because we won the million dollars

Nick slaps him upside the head.

I should again note that despite being the "nice" team, the Weavers were the only team to contribute nothing to the Schroeders after they lost everything due to Katrina. As for the "nasty" Linzes, they said on the Early Show that half the winnings went to their parents, while the other half (probably about $300,000 at this point) was to be split between all SEVEN siblings. Horrible team, I tells ya.

Overall, I have to say, shitty Race, but one of the most deserving winners and a fun final episode.

Race 9 should've just wrapped up. Not sure where exactly it started, but I can tell you that

they were in Houston's IAH airport last month, so there's a good chance that they headed south right off the bat

By the way, the TWoP recaplet is pretty funny...

25 Days, 50 Cities, and More Than 600 Consecutive Hours as a Family...

By God

Oh my Self, if the Weavers got My ass out of a hot tub ONCE MORE, I don't know WHAT. "Please let us find the boat," "please find us a good cab," wah wah wah, me me me, BITCH PLEASE. I've got WARS going on belowdecks, My Only Son's birthday is in less than TWO WEEKS and He's IMPOSSIBLE to shop for, and I am STILL apologizing for circus peanuts and the jackelope -- I've got nothing better to do than win a reality show for THAT squad of hypocrites? Oh HELL no, children of the earth.

So, I arranged for the Linzes to win. They seem like nice people, they ran a good race, and best of all, they didn't ask Me for shit, just did their thing and did it well. And then I had the Bransens come in second, because ditto. And then the Weavers came in third, which is more than their asses deserve for abusing their relationship with Me for material gain, but the Holy Ghost wears his Free Rolly pin around everywhere and I just didn't have the heart.

I'm going back to my lavender bubbles now. Anyone needs a list of the Great Lakes, call me. LINDA.

After Season's 6 & 7, all three final teams were on The Early Show the next morning. This time it was just the Linz family. I was hoping the Weavers would be on to see if somebody would call them out on their hypocracy.

That's part of the reason, plus CBS has their Amazing Race internet show, 'The Finish Line'. They had the Weavers, Bransens and Linzes - all separately. The Weavers basically claimed the usual "out of context" nonsense, and that they tried to be friendly, but later Alex and Nick Linz noted that the Weavers withdrew more as the Race went on. It seems that they got friendly callers for the Weavers as well, as the Linzes got the "what's up with the feud" questions, but were diplomatic about it.