TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The Amazing Race: Family Edition Thread

Yep. I read in the paper a few weeks ago that there was a "surprise ending" to this season. That must be it.

I don't know if I want to watch next week at all now.

And I thought the last non-elimination leg was typically the leg before the final one?

Get. The. Fuck. Out. Of. Here.

I was all "yeah, this is gonna be great", but then I started thinking "y'know, I bet this turns out to be a non-elim round". Dammit dammit dammit. Everything came together perfectly to insure the Weaver's would be eliminated. Phil should've pulled an audible and said "fuck it, Weaver - get to stepping."

What would have happened if the Godlewski's were eliminated due to the cameras burning out their battery? Would they have been kept in the game, or would it have been a "well, them's the breaks" deal? Because that would suck.

They probably would've gotten a free pass. In the past there has been problems beyond teams control (Shitty cab driver, jeep flipping over) that have cost them leads but never to my knowledge did this happen because of something the network did.

On the bright side, they had to turn in all their shit, so maybe Mom will whore out the kids.

Unfortunately, I could see the Weavers being scripted to win. Despite being horrifically unappealing (if not thoroughly appalling), they've got the whole sob story thing going and if they win, the producers can milk the "WE DID IT FER OUR DAD!" to no end.

The best part of last night's episode was the fat Weaver saying she hoped they were yielded because she would cry if she didn't get to eat her big mac.

Isn't that the second time they wasted the yield on a non elimination leg? Why the hell would they do that shit?

And they just had a non-elim round in the last show (the 2-hour show 2 weeks ago). Why do another so soon?

And my favorite line was by 1 of the Linz boys about the Weaver mom: "somebody's gonna drop a house on her head one of these days."

The non-elims often happen in every other leg, so they're not actually putting two non-elims back to back. This season's actually been pretty predictable in alternating elimination with non-elimination after the first four teams went out.

So maybe the surprise isn't the Weavers winning. I saw this teaser in my TV listings today:

"When the teams arrive at the mat, they are caught off-guard by a surprise ending."

So this time I'm guessing it's another one of those instances where Phil says "You thought this was the Pit Stop, but I've got another clue for you" and the leg continues.

The best part of last night's episode was the fat Weaver saying she hoped they were yielded because she would cry if she didn't get to eat her big mac.

Wait, which one's the fat one?

Isn't that the second time they wasted the yield on a non elimination leg?  Why the hell would they do that shit?

Nope, the first time, the Gaghans got the boot.

And they just had a non-elim round in the last show (the 2-hour show 2 weeks ago). Why do another so soon?

Non-elims are typically every other leg once teams get down to five. Which is fine by me - you make it that far in the Race (well, when you're travelling outside of North and Central America, anyways), I think you deserve a new lease on life.

Of course, you're playing with the devil in that regard. Case in point: Flo.

So this time I'm guessing it's another one of those instances where Phil says "You thought this was the Pit Stop, but I've got another clue for you" and the leg continues.

Pretty much what I'm thinking. I don't like the uberlegs that much, but it beats Phil robbing people of money and seeing them make it back after 2 minutes (TV time).

My favourite line this week was the ski jump guy talking to Lindsey - "If you live, let's go out." Helluva pickup line.

Shouldn't the Linz family get SOME kind of time credit for the camera draining their battery? I mean, it wasn't their fault nor was it a problem with the car per se, it was a production fuckup. Having them tossed to the back allowed the Weavers to get back in it, and I didn't like that.

Is it wrong of me to hope that Rolly gets testy next week and it turns into COPS: TAR Edition?

Shouldn't the Linz family get SOME kind of time credit for the camera draining their battery?  I mean, it wasn't their fault nor was it a problem with the car per se, it was a production fuckup.  Having them tossed to the back allowed the Weavers to get back in it, and I didn't like that.

Second time it's happened this season. So I hope the cameramen have learned that perhaps it's not smart to charge the camera batteries when the car is turned off

Is it wrong of me to hope that Rolly gets testy next week and it turns into COPS: TAR Edition?

Well, he's probably the only one of the Weavers without a record at this point. It's funny how at one point I had hopes that Rolly would turn out nice, but well, I guess that's not happening.

Though the Weavers are the most annoying team, I'd have to say that I'm even more glad that the Pink Ladies are gone, because they just couldn't work together as a team AT ALL. Especially the one in purple, who seemed to try to lord over everyone.

I am looking forward to seeing Rolly get his ass kicked by a Linz at the airport next week very much.

Guest Monty Burns
Looked like they're heading to Niagara Falls, and that they were running through Pearson Airport in Toronto.

They'll be in Montreal next week too. The previews showed Wally all perturbed while looking for something inside Olympic Stadium.

Looks like they are spending most of the episode in Canada, since the preview also showed the teams curling (and that ain't a popular American sport).

Mostly Montreal and Toronto, from what I've heard.

I'm annoyed they flew between Montreal and Toronto instead of drove. I was looking forward to being able to pinpoint their location at any point along Hwy. 401.

It would be cool if they ended up in Boston for the finish, becuase they seem to be heading that way if Montreal is the last stop before the final leg. I'm not sure where they would have the finish line though, since they like to pick places that are out of the way to avoid people seeing who wins.

WHO DEY! WHO DEY! WHO DEY BEAT DEM LINZES?!

After three straight seasons of me picking the second place teams (Colin/Christie, Jon/Kris and Rob/Amber) I feel very, very happy about this season even though overall it was by far the worst one yet.

Edited by Lord of The Curry