TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Placebo Effect

Veronica Mars Season Two

This season's really picking up, not-so conincedentally because Wallace and Jackie are off the show for a bit. I hate Jackie. I love Wallace, (and the actor playing him is steadily getting better) but he was provinding too much of a safety net for Veronica. Things feel a lot more dangerous with him gone for a bit.

Plus more Logan and Lamb and Aaron Eckles is always good.

Vyce, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't drawn to this show by Kristen Bell. She's fuckin' fine. The show is somewhat intelligent. and is masterfully plotted. And kristen Bell and Jay Dohring are turning into incredible actors. Even most of the bit players are hooking it up. With my favorite series (AD) gone, I revel in every moment of this quality show. Which will probably be cancelled.

Vyce, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't drawn to this show by Kristen Bell. She's fuckin' fine. The show is somewhat intelligent. and is masterfully plotted. And kristen Bell and Jay Dohring are turning into incredible actors. Even most of the bit players are hooking it up. With my favorite series (AD) gone, I revel in every moment of this quality show. Which will probably be cancelled.

I doubt it. UPN is trying to change the image of their network, and the ratings have improved, albeit not a lot. It's opposite Lost too, so that helps their case.

I doubt it. UPN is trying to change the image of their network, and the ratings have improved, albeit not a lot. It's opposite Lost too, so that helps their case.

The ratings have improved a lot, so I doubt it will be getting canceled. Plus it is the best show UPN has ever had, so I doubt they will get rid of it. They NEED it.

And when was Bell on the Shield?

And when was Bell on the Shield?

Season two episode one I believe. She played some banger's girlfriend who got raped by some guy from another gang who then tatooed her on the face. She was just in one scene where she got interogated. I think that's right? Don't really remember other than that episode having a pretty fucked up conclusion.

This show just gets better and better. Duncan is so fucking sketchy. Logan is so fucking crazy. If that gun was actually loaded, Weevil's a lot sicker than I gave him credit for. The whole first crazy act was so well acted. I've said it before, Kristen Bell and Jay Dohring are destined for great things.

I still like the show, but there are some major inconsistencies. Why would Duncan and Veronica even speak to Dick? I take it back, there's another character on the show who's evil, Dick. He: Tried to roofie his gf, literally fed shots to a roofied Veronica and then tried to get Beaver to rape Veronica while she was out. And Veronica KNOWS ALL OF THIS. Yet there she and Duncan are there, talking to HIM. The kid that plays Dick does do a marvelous job of playing an asshole, I must say.

IIRC didn't Veronica get revenge on Dick for all of his bad deeds at the end of the first season by destroying one of his favorite possessions (a surfboard IIRC)?

IIRC didn't Veronica get revenge on Dick for all of his bad deeds at the end of the first season by destroying one of his favorite possessions (a surfboard IIRC)?

Yeah, wrecking a surfboard is totally reason enough to be even slightly friendly with someone who tried to get his little brother to rape you. And tried to rape his girlfriend. Way to tell Gia about him!

Excellent episode tonight. Nice to see Logan and Weevil make up, then beat the shit out of each other.

"That's the least Pat can do for me after leaving all those pervy messages on my voicemail." + Veronica's look = AWESOMENESS

Y2Jerk, you most likely wouldn't like this episode because it refers to all sorts of things that people wouldn't know.

The story with Alyson Hannigan was incredible.

The rat thing was... Random.

Y2Jerk, you most likely wouldn't like this episode because it refers to all sorts of things that people wouldn't know.

Hence my request for a recap.

I like to come in on the middle of a story and try to get caught up, though. I've been meaning to watch this show for a long time.

Fine. Super-spoilers. You really might want to rent the first season. As you will see, this show is very dense.

Season One:

Veronica's an outcast. Sophomore year she was very good friends with Lilly Kane, Duncan Kane (Lilly's brother, Veronica's BF) and Logan Eckles, (Lilly's BF) The other three kids are extremely rich and popular, and Veronica is happy. Her father is the police sergeant.

Duncan broke up with her suddenly and without explanation.

Lilly was murdered, found on the Kane property. Veronica's father (Keith) accused Lilly and Duncan's father of the murder. His alibis didn't check out. Hence Veronica became an outcast. Logan, who is very protective of his friends, crazily so, asks Veronica to pick sides. She picks her father, and Logan treats her like absolute shit from that point on.

At a party, Veronica is roofied, and when she wakes up, she's no longer a virgin. She has no recollection of the night.

Veronica's mom dissapeared, Keith became a PI after the scandal over the LIlly Kane murder. Veronica helps him out.

That's just the flashbacks.

Veronica befriends a young kid named Wallace early on. He doesn't really do much except for improve his acting quite quickly and be there for moral support. He's pretty much a character that always does the right thing.

Duncan is prone to violent blackouts if he doens't take his meds. The reason Jake Kane (his father) was lying was because he was protecting Duncan.

Logan's father, Aaron, is a big-time actor. While Logan's a prick, Aaron's somewhat monstrous. He beats Logan, and emotionally dominates his wife.

Weevil's the leader of a bijer gang. He doesn't do much, though he's a cool-ass character. The only thing revealed was he had a brief affair with Lilly, while she was dating Logan.

Logan's Mom commits suicide after it's revealed publicly that Aaron was sleeping around. Logan, who has become slightly less of a prick, enlists Veronica to help find her. After a while, it becomes clear that she did, indeed commit suicide. Veronica and Logan become slightly closer after this.

Duncan and Veronica also at least talk a little. Duncan starts dating Meg. who doesn't do much all season.

It's revealed that Jake Kane and Veronica's Mom were sweethearts in HS. Abel Koontz, the man in jail for Lilly's murder (it's established fairly early that he's a patsy) out and out tells her she's Jake Kane's daughter.

I about Sergeant Lamb. He's the guy that took over for Keith Mars. He's an enormous prick, but often pretty funny.

At that party before the start of the season, both Veronica and Duncan were roofied, and slept together. Duncan remembered (though veronica was apparently pretty lucid at the time,) but freaked out, because he thought Veronica was his sister (ew). This is why he broke up with her This all comes out, and later we learn they are not related. Keith is Veronica's father.

Veronica finds her Mom. She's an alcoholic mess. She leaves.

Keith and Wallace's Mom date.

Logan and Veronica become romantically entangled. This goes quite well until Veronica accuses Logan of murdering Lilly. That doesn't go over so well.

Aaron Eckles was the one who killed Lilly. He had been sleeping with her and taping it without her knowledge. After she threatened to expose him, he nailed her with a big-ass ashtray. Veronica finds out. Vioent struggle ensues. Keith comes to the rescue. Aaron is put behind bars.

And that's leaving a whole lot out. And that's just Season One. I'll do Season two in the next couple days. As you can see: You might want to rent the first season. It's really good anyway.

Edited by Special K

She was also in 'Spartan' which was pretty damn good. She's more than eye candy, she's honestly a great actress. Though she is eye candy. I've probably said it three times in this thread now. I've never liked a teeny-bopper drama show, Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring make this one of the best shows I've ever seen. Period.

Guest GoJoe

Did anyone to see Kristen's Punk'd?

If that small glimpse into her real life is anything to go by, she's a sweetheart is real life too. :wub:

I finally caught up on all the episodes.

I love this show. It's awesome. So much so that I might actually watch this on Wednesdays and download LOST later.

Overall, I was thinking that I liked Season 1 better, I miss the rebel outsider Veronica, she seems a little too "in" this season, but the last couple of episodes of this season have been really good.

I'm most looking forward to a Logan/Weevil team-up to find Felix's killer. I just hope its not something obvious like that one guy from Weevil's band killing Felix n placing the knife in Logan's hand. I get the impression that the guy who woke Logan up on the roadside, the trucker or whatnot, had something to do with it.

This show juggles plotlines so well, everything's intersecting so well, I feel like there's a ton of possibilities for the bus crash.

Could be someone trying to kill Veronica as she initially suspected, could be someone trying to kill Meg and the baby, could be an 09er trying to kill "lower class-ers" (somehow set into motion the limo thing to get all the 09ers off), could be someone trying to kill 09ers (not knowing Dick would call in a limo), could be Kendall trying to kill Dick/Beav, someone trying to kill the mayor's daughter Gia, etc etc.

Wallace's return made for a great ending, but the downside is the awful "Jackie is jealous of Veronica" subplot is probably gonna come back *groans* Lamb is hilarious. Duncan is incredibly boring, so I hope he starts getting his seizures/rage/fits again.

This latest episode with the stolen tapes also makes me wonder if its possible the Aaron Echolls trial goes the way of OJ and he gets off.

He'll get off. No way they'll effectively kill off his character by putting him in jail for more than a few episodes. There's only so far one can take the relationship Aaron has with dad, as Veronica has to be central, or at least heavily involved, with everything since it is her show.

I got season 1 for X-Mas and watched it in 3 days. And boy, the show is really that good. I think I might like it better than LOST because, well, it is a better show.

I had more that I wanted to write last night, but I can't think half of it now. Maybe it will come to mind later or something.

Okay I am watching the first episode of the season right now and while Veronica and Duncan are getting on the bus, Logan says something to Veronica. He says "I'm going to miss you." I listened to it twice, and he didn't say "I miss you." He defiently said "I'm going to miss you."

Hmmmmm, what does this mean?

caught that too, but I think its a red herring, an early obvious clue. i cant see Logan trying to kill all those people just to get back at them. Now, for some reason I could see Duncan doing it, only because he has that 'flash of serial killer mentality underneath the boring facade' thing going that someone mentioned earlier.