TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Angels/Yankees ALDS Thread

Just caught a clip on Sportscenter with John Kruk agreeing with Joe Torre's decision to start Chien-Ming Wang in game two. Kruk cited Wang's ability to strike out batters. Wang has the lowest K rate of any Yankee pitcher on the playoff roster. Kruk cited Shawn Chacon's poor numbers against the Angels (0-1, 9.00 ERA). Of course, those numbers come from exactly two starts, one of which occured when Chacon was a rookie pitching in Coors Field. In the more recent start, Chacon allowed one unearned run in six innings. That's not to say it is the wrong decision, just that there's some faulty analysis at work.

Guest TheDon

Huge game for the Yankees tonight. It is going to be interesting to see which Mike Mussina pitches tonight. Hopefully this is not a repeat of Mussina from game 2 of the ALDS when he blew a 6-1 lead at home against the Angels. I hope Arod continues his dominance against Colon tonight.

Guest TheDon

Keys for the Angels to win the series. If Chone Figgins and Cabrera constantly get on base they are going to steal second, they are going to take third on a single. If the Yankees can keep those two off the basepaths it might change who wins the series.

Guest Brian

Does that mean you guys get the same announcers? If so, welcome to announcing hell.

Does that mean you guys get the same announcers? If so, welcome to announcing hell.

I've been in announcing hell for 10 years, and I don't see it ending anytime soon.

I'd wish for another network to grab the baseball package, but I just know they'd hire Tim Fucking McCarver as the lead analyst, just to piss me off.

Guest Fishyswa

Damn that looked like it hurt.

3-0 Yanks in the 2nd with 2 on after a Jeter single and A-rod was HBaP.

Guest Fishyswa

Yankees win 4-2, lead the series 1-0.

Exactly what we needed from Mussina, the two out RBI's early were great, and for the love of god why is Sturtze still employed?

Mo Vaughn ate last year's running gags, so let's get some new material this time around

Shitting on BBCW is the new national pasttime

Mo Vaughn ate last year's running gags, so let's get some new material this time around

Shitting on BBCW is the new national pasttime

Man, that was fun. What happened in the last hour of the chat that I missed?

It eventually came down to just me and BBCW.

I considered suicide, but hitting the X in the upper right corner was less messy

Guest TheDon

Exactly what we needed from Mussina, the two out RBI's early were great, and for the love of god why is Sturtze still employed?

Yankees need someone to pitch the 7th. Big win for the Yankees. I hope they go for the throats tommorow and get that 2-0 lead against Paul Byrd. I am interested to see what Ching Ming Wang shows up tommorow. Kudos to the Hitters to get all the runs and pretty much hits on 2 outs with nobody on to start the rallies.

Guest Brian

Hey. I posted WCW quotes from the Observer for you guys and linked you to Jericho reading off all 1004 holds during that last hour. Y'all missed out. No one talked yankees when I was active.

Because I bet at some point in the summer y'all were saying "what would we do without Tanyon Sturtze?"

By the way, if Greg Maddux was a mongoloid, he'd be Tanyon Sturtze.