TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

White Sox/Red Sox ALDS Thread

Explain to me again why Rentaria is still in the two spot? I mean, the guy completely shuts it down in the late innings and rarely sets the table for Ortiz and Manny.

Duque had his Metamucil and Centrum Silver this morning, it seems.

Will Berman shut the fuck up?

This is like the 2004 jinx, but with Berman basically implying the Sox will lose, instead of Fox showing all the depressed Sox fans faces like last year.

Papelbon is doing his job, but now it's up to the bottom of the order, which has done nothing for most of September and this series.

I want Papelbon in the rotation next year, but he'll probably have to stay in the bullpen if they can't improve it by other means.

I imagine expectations weren't THAT high for the postseason, but not this not high... or something

Come on Angels. You're my new AL favorite

Guest Fishyswa

No round 3, oh well. I'm sure as hell not gonna be crying about it.

White Sox scare me now though. I'd love to know how to win a game where Manny and Ortiz combined for 3 HR's....

I don't understand champagne and beer celebrations for winning a DS

Winning the pennant? Sure, I get that, but just the DS?

How many of the other big three have teams celebrating like this just for winning one postseason game/series?

Guest TheDon

Party in Chicago. They are one tough team. To think this is Chicago's first playoff series win since 1917. Is it possible for 1918 to be followed by 1917. Whats next the Cubs win the World Series next year?

It's a big deal to them. And to their fans, too, no doubt. It may be routine for teams like the Yankees, but in Chicago, you party like it's, uh, 1999, when you win a playoff series.

Guest TheDon

You know what sucks is seeing all the sad long faces on the Red Sox Nation fans. Great job by Chicago, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Guest Fishyswa

I had no idea it was there first playoff series win since 1917, hell I'd celebrate like that too.

Well the White Sox have the 2nd longest WS drought.

But that sucks that the Red Sox were eliminated.

Now I can root for the Yankees to lose....but if they do....then I'm left with nothing! I guess I can just enjoy the baseball without being hampered by an allegiance to either team...

You know what sucks is seeing all the sad long faces on the Red Sox Nation fans. 

that's the best part :cheers:

I agree completely.

Here, here! Good riddance to the most obnoxious fans in baseball. :cheers:

(don't get too comfortable Yankee fans, you guys are a close 2nd, and I wish you nothing but a speedy elimination too).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

it still really bothers me that the sox won last year, but its great seeing them lose out in such embarrassing fashion. too bad. it'll be fun watching the yanks win it all again.