TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Oh but it gets even funnier........

Tanahashi is set for regular participation in TNA after completing his contract renewal yesterday. The IWGP Heavyweight Champion, who first appeared in TNA last year, has been wanting to return to America for a while, after he won many new fans during his last stay. President Simon is likely to start talks with TNA soon, and Tanahashi's regular participation on TNA events is almost definite. Since TNA has an irregular TV/PPV schedule right now, which doesn't involve long tours, Tanahashi can be a regular for the promotion without missing New Japan shows. The possibility has emerged of Tanahashi making his TNA return in April, and the young ace of Japanese wrestling said he wants to sell his name to the world. He also has another motive for going to America, and that is to chase down a certain individual who ran away from New Japan with a belt last year.

credit Strong Style Spirit

Honestly, IMO, if someone's going to get stereotyped or fucked over by Russo, better that it's Tanahashi than someone I actually dig like Nakamura.

Too bad not everyone can echo that sentiment. I like Tanahashi myself and I'm not happy with this. I'd actually much rather Nakamura do this, seeing he was just doing his "tour" of the world. NWA/TNA was a logical stop along the way.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but apparently Christy Hemme's opponent at the PPV will be:

Big Fat Oily Guy.

Again, not sure how accurate it is, but it would make sense given TNA.

Russo strikes again!

And to think they blasted WWE for this kind of thing.

From TNA:

TNA ANNOUNCES GAUNTLET MATCH FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!”

Winner to get World Title shot at March’s “Destination X” Pay-Per-View

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling has announced that a Gauntlet Match will take place at this week’s “Thursday Night iMPACT!” on SpikeTV at 9pm ET. The winner of the bout will earn a title shot at NWA World Heavyweight Champion Christian Cage at the “Destination X” Pay-Per-View in March.

All of TNA’s top stars will compete to determine a true number one contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Two TNA stars will start the bout, with a new entrant every two minutes. Competitors are eliminated when they are thrown over the top rope. The final two participants remaining will compete in a one-fall singles bout to determine who advances to the Pay-Per-View to get the World Title shot!

TNA Wrestling management has announced the following names to compete in the huge Gauntlet match:

Abyss

AJ Styles

BG James

Chris Sabin

Eric Young

James Storm

Kip James

Kurt Angle

Rhino

Robert Roode

Samoa Joe

Scott Steiner

Sting

Tomko

All this and much more this Thursday night on Spike TV – witness the aftermath of the “Against All Odds” Pay-Per-View as TNA begins the road to March’s “Destination X” epic event!

Check back to TNAwrestling.com on Monday night for an updated preview of what will take place this Thursday night on “iMPACT!”

My first thought was that this would be a great way to start the supposed Joe mega push, but I get the feeling that they are going to want to save his title shot for one of the big PPVs. Since the main event at LockDown is normally a tag match, that means either Slammiversary or Bound for Glory. Which would mean he can't win this match. So who does?

Oh but it gets even funnier........

Tanahashi is set for regular participation in TNA after completing his contract renewal yesterday. The IWGP Heavyweight Champion, who first appeared in TNA last year, has been wanting to return to America for a while, after he won many new fans during his last stay. President Simon is likely to start talks with TNA soon, and Tanahashi's regular participation on TNA events is almost definite. Since TNA has an irregular TV/PPV schedule right now, which doesn't involve long tours, Tanahashi can be a regular for the promotion without missing New Japan shows. The possibility has emerged of Tanahashi making his TNA return in April, and the young ace of Japanese wrestling said he wants to sell his name to the world. He also has another motive for going to America, and that is to chase down a certain individual who ran away from New Japan with a belt last year.

credit Strong Style Spirit

Honestly, IMO, if someone's going to get stereotyped or fucked over by Russo, better that it's Tanahashi than someone I actually dig like Nakamura.

Too bad not everyone can echo that sentiment. I like Tanahashi myself and I'm not happy with this. I'd actually much rather Nakamura do this, seeing he was just doing his "tour" of the world. NWA/TNA was a logical stop along the way.

Tanahashi I don't really care for. The guy is too concerned with his physique, whereas Nakamura just wants to kick the shit out of you. I'd rather not see Nakamura in ANY North American promotion because he's just going to get the stereotypical Japanese wrestler in America treatment.

Guest Totally Crazy
I'm not sure how accurate this is, but apparently Christy Hemme's opponent at the PPV will be:

Big Fat Oily Guy.

Again, not sure how accurate it is, but it would make sense given TNA.

Russo strikes again!

And to think they blasted WWE for this kind of thing.

What really pissed me off is when the audience apperant cheered for Kip when he took off Christy's shirt. Thats just fuckin pathetic, the have all this solid build up for a women's division then shit all over it by having strip teasers and shauvanism on TV. Fuckin hicks.

From TNA:

TNA ANNOUNCES GAUNTLET MATCH FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!”

Winner to get World Title shot at March’s “Destination X” Pay-Per-View

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling has announced that a Gauntlet Match will take place at this week’s “Thursday Night iMPACT!” on SpikeTV at 9pm ET. The winner of the bout will earn a title shot at NWA World Heavyweight Champion Christian Cage at the “Destination X” Pay-Per-View in March.

All of TNA’s top stars will compete to determine a true number one contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Two TNA stars will start the bout, with a new entrant every two minutes. Competitors are eliminated when they are thrown over the top rope. The final two participants remaining will compete in a one-fall singles bout to determine who advances to the Pay-Per-View to get the World Title shot!

My first thought was that this would be a great way to start the supposed Joe mega push, but I get the feeling that they are going to want to save his title shot for one of the big PPVs. Since the main event at LockDown is normally a tag match, that means either Slammiversary or Bound for Glory. Which would mean he can't win this match. So who does?

Does it really matter when Russo is just going to screw up the booking of the match and the build to the PPV? I can't see how anyone can get excited by any program in TNA, let alone one revolving around the NWA Title, when whatever interest you have at the beginning is going to get destroyed by an out-of-touch booker?

I'll say <INSERT NAME HERE> wins, leading to a title match with a 74 run-ins, 13 ref bumps, 25 weapons shots and the finishers of both men will get kicked out of 18 times.

What makes me laugh is, you judge Russo before you've seen any evidence of what he's got planned to book.

For all you know he could have something amazing booked. He proabably hasn't, but you don't know that.

I know you guys will say, " cause he shit on TNA so far and his WCW 00-01 era was teh shitz lolz omg rofl" but lets see what he does and then shit on his decision.

What makes me laugh is, you judge Russo before you've seen any evidence of what he's got planned to book.

For all you know he could have something amazing booked. He proabably hasn't, but you don't know that.

I know you guys will say, " cause he shit on TNA so far and his WCW 00-01 era was teh shitz lolz omg rofl" but lets see what he does and then shit on his decision.

Words cannot express how naive you come across. It's just...staggering.

I'm not trying to flame you, but naive really is the only way to describe what you're saying.

Call it naive all you want. Im not flaming you either, you do have a great knowledge of the wrestling world and know more than i do. There's no denying that.

All im saying is, don't judge before you see/read.

Ive hated Russo's booking since he started his second run in TNA, the only thing i've liked was sticking the title on Cage, cause im a Christian mark. But i don't jusde anything Russo does untill is see/read it.

Seriously Luke, that's crazy even for you. Vince Russo's track record speaks for itself - OF COURSE we're going to shit on it before we see anything else. Someone doesn't just become genuinely creative overnight. You either are, or you aren't, and I am a firm believer that Vince Russo was just in the right place at the right time way back when.

Seriously Luke, that's crazy even for you. Vince Russo's track record speaks for itself - OF COURSE we're going to shit on it before we see anything else. Someone doesn't just become genuinely creative overnight. You either are, or you aren't, and I am a firm believer that Vince Russo was just in the right place at the right time way back when.

Ok fair enough.

Personally, i dont think its crazy, I guess i just liked to be surprised.

Ok fair enough.

Personally, i dont think its crazy, I guess i just liked to be surprised.

If Vince Russo comes up with something good, then everybody will be surprised.

tnagimmick.jpg

Elevation X!

Another brilliant idea. I really want to like this company, but making talented people work scaffold matches, comedy matches, 2 minutes TV matches, not work the PPV at all, or be ringside enforcers isn't helping.

tnagimmick.jpg

Elevation X!

Another brilliant idea. I really want to like this company, but making talented people work scaffold matches, comedy matches, 2 minutes TV matches, not work the PPV at all, or be ringside enforcers isn't helping.

Add in the fact that the style of match takes away the ability of those talented people to work any kind of decent match.

I really want to like this company, but making talented people work scaffold matches, comedy matches, 2 minutes TV matches, not work the PPV at all, or be ringside enforcers isn't helping.

^ Second.

Hence why ive been trying to defend Russo to a point. But this is beyond me.

tnagimmick.jpg

Elevation X!

Add in the fact that the style of match takes away the ability of those talented people to work any kind of decent match.

That was kinda my point...

I'm thinking a blown ACL and maybe some fractured ankles.

How about a torn quad

Damn im funny.

No. No, you're not.

Yeah, well....

Ah fuck it. It's a proven fact that theres no point in arguining with you.

tnagimmick.jpg

Elevation X!

So what are the rules for this grab the X or belt in the center? Will it be another one of those 3 stages deals? Or will be one of those double reverse deals?

tnagimmick.jpg

Elevation X!

So what are the rules for this grab the X or belt in the center? Will it be another one of those 3 stages deals? Or will be one of those double reverse deals?

I thought that if it's going to be scaffold match, they would award the winner on who's the only one not stupid enough to agree to take a big fall.

So, luke-o, you still want to give Russo a chance?

Nope, hes lost his chances.

But, i will NOT judge his booking untill ive read/seen it, once ive seen his many fuck ups, then i will tear into him. Sound fair?

That's a pretty backwards statement, because not judging his booking IS giving him a chance.

I mean, technically you've already seen and read tons of of his booking - and it's been shit.

Logic would state that "past booking being shit" + "current booking being shit" will = "future booking being shit" *nods*

...and lookit that, there's more crazy shit for you to rub your temples over in the Impact Spoilers thread.