TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JesusJuiced

Raven out of Bound for Glory

Yeah, I was talking about Slammiversary with Jarrett refusing to job and Raven replacing him in the KotM match (where he won after "being suspended").

This sounds like a work here to try to turn Raven back to a heel (which I think is a bad idea, by the way). Otherwise, these reports of Raven having no problem dropping the title seem very contradictory to his behaviour lately. Hell, if I was him I'd be pissed too - he drops the belt and now is now virtually off TV and more importantly, there has been ZERO follow up with Raven/Jarrett or even Raven/AMW. Something isnt right there and part of me thinks it might not be a work at all when you consider the lack of logic in not at least teasing Raven/Jarrett for a future matchup.

I believe he was talking about Slammiversary, where AJ was the champion scheduled to defend against Abyss, Jarrett, Brown and Waltman in a King of the Mountain match.  Jarrett threw a fit about not being booked to win ("to protect his gimmick") and was replaced on the pre-show with Raven, who went on to win the title.  It hasn't really been proved how much of that was work and how much was shoot, but people around tended to believe that it pretty much went that way.  I'm not so sure though, since we've already established that that entire period was about appealing to the net, who would buy that story 10 times out of 10 times.  All we know for sure is that Raven replaced Jarrett in the match after being suspended in storyline terms.

Oh, now I remember, because with Raven being "suspended" in storyline terms, it meant that he wouldn't have made the Slammiversary card that night until the Jarrett situation came about.

I thought Rodz might have been talking about the story about TNA not being able to book 3LK and Raven on a TNA PPV not too long ago (not sure if it was Unbreakable, actually) due to money issues.

Didnt Raven quit on air before Slammiversary (cuz Larry wanted to suspend him)

Didnt Raven quit on air before Slammiversary (cuz Larry wanted to suspend him)

Yes. The "suspension" was going to happen anyway, but TNA had Raven "quit" on the air. The next week, because Raven had "quit", he was free to attack anyone (hence the segment with Raven almost running over a cameraman) until TNA finally gave him a title shot around the time of the Jarrett incident off the air, which led to Jarrett attacking a Hardy fan, being "suspended" by Larry Zbysko, and Raven replacing Jarrett in the Slammiversary KOTM title match.

Guest Fishyswa

I don't care why, having your last champion and supposedly one of the "stars" of your company gone from their WM is just bad.

I don't care why, having your last champion and supposedly one of the "stars" of your company gone from their WM is just bad.

I've felt that way for a while now. Raven/Jarrett is more of a "big-time" title match than a most likely sub-par Nash/Jarrett match probably will be.

Instead, Raven's probably being delayed until "Genesis", which is AFTER TNA's biggest PPV of the year.

Which, again, is a bad move. When you have the rematch to the single most hyped World title match in your company's history, you fucking run with it for your biggest show of the year. You don't dilly-daddle and fuck around because you want to use somebody that casuals likely remember (especially since the ratings show its kinda obvious that only SOME casuals are watching, and the ones that are most likely are the same ones that watched Velocity so they're prolly just the hardcore fans that knew about TNA beforehand anyway), you go right ahead with your money match.

Raven/Jarrett III with the proper build from the first Spike Impact? Money match. Nash/Jarrett II with practically no build from the first Spike Impact? Hahahaha, no.

Remember that they're trying to start from scratch. If TNA is going to give us a drawn-out fued between Jarrett and Raven where Raven wins back the title sometime in December or January, then I'm for it. They don't just need a strong ME match, but a strong ME angle that'll keep the fans into it. That's what it needs to be instead of a vehicle for JJ to squash a different guy every month.

Aye, lad. But there's no real rock-hard reason they couldn't go with an opponent that has more history, and has had better matches, with Jarrett than Nash. Sure, Nash seems to want to actually give back to the business now that he understands his time is out. Yeah, from all reports I've read, Nash is in love with the TNA product and the atmosphere and would love to help put a few guys over, or help some guys out. But really: Nash vs. Jarrett? Not a match the TNA faithful are looking forward to (as you can tell from the reactions on this board), and so far the build has been pretty lame for it (save for Tito's involvement).

That said, I'll eat crow if the Nash/Jarrett match turns out to be good, and Raven/Jarrett III is built up to be done in January or so...with Raven going over DEFINITIVELY.

That's what I'm hoping for, Laz. The BFG card is fuckin' STACKED, so to me, the Nash/Jarrett match doesn't hurt anything. If needs be, one can just turn the TV off since everything leading up to the ME will be awesome. I personally don't think it'll be so bad, since it wasn't horrible the first time around, and it'll definitely get a shitload of interference from just about everyone. With JJ, Nash, Ortiz, Raven, AMW, Gail Kim, Team 3D, and possibly Monty Brown involved, the ME could be interesting as long as they stay on track with one idea: Raven beating JJ.