TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 10/13 - 10/15

Does the Game of the Century work it's way into there? Is that in the last 35 years. Let's see was it 74? So yeah......is it on there?

Oh and is there any chance of Texas Tech working their way into that 10 spot?

They've played the equivalent of a Kansas State schedule. Color me not impressed. Any ranked team that has 2 losses would be undefeated on that cake schedule of Tech's.

Compare Tech with Notre Dame and Ohio State.

Notre Dame: Pitt, Michigan, Michigan State, Washington, Purdue, USC

Ohio State: Miami of Ohio, Texas, San Diego State, Iowa, Penn State, Michigan State

There is no way in hell that Texas Tech is undefeated on either of those schedules.

Yes they would Dama. Maybe Nebraska gives them a little trouble, but they're 6-0 on that schedule. OU's schedule has actually been quite tough this year with 3 ranked teams, one being a Top 5 team and one that will be in the Top 10 next week.

Yeah and could the OU from the last 2 years have handled this schedule? Yup. Can this OU? Fuck no. This is the shitty OU.

Luckily we should be good when Miami rolls into town. But they'll be good too.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

A coworker and I were listening to the ND game at work, and we both fucking SNAPPED when the announcer yelled "THE IRISH HAVE DONE IT!!" then they tack time back on the clock and lose. Pretty gutwrenching loss.

Their [Texas Tech's] victories came against Florida International, Sam Houston State, Indiana State, Kansas, Nebraska and Kansas State, with their victories against Kansas and Nebraska coming by a combined margin of 16.

They've played the equivalent of a Kansas State schedule. Color me not impressed. Any ranked team that has 2 losses would be undefeated on that cake schedule of Tech's.

I doubt this year's OU team would be.

Okay, there's the set-up for...

Yes they would Dama. Maybe Nebraska gives them a little trouble, but they're 6-0 on that schedule. OU's schedule has actually been quite tough this year with 3 ranked teams, one being a Top 5 team and one that will be in the Top 10 next week.

A statistical argument.

Can this OU? Fuck no. This is the shitty OU.

A retarded argument.

Compare and contrast, guys.

That poll on ESPN is stupid. Most people are just voting for what they saw today. I doubt most of the people voting have even seen the other games.

Hell I haven't even seen the OU/Nebraska game. I just read that fucking book about it.

Georgia can stamp a ticket to Atlanta if they destroy Florida as I expect.

Alabama's lucky that Tennessee game wasn't this week. That was a re-tooling game against an Ole Miss team that the Vols handled a couple of weeks ago.

ND could have put the game away earlier, but couldn't. USC's the worst possible team to give a shot at the lead, or ultimately, the win. Both teams played extremely hard and it was a great game, but USC was the better team on the field. Now they're going to mangle everyone else on the way to the Rose Bowl.

Holy shit, guys. I know USC/ND is (rightfully) the story of the day, but I was at that UVA/FSU game and I officially won't be able to talk for two days. This entire town is on top of the world right now. Al Groh and his coaches FINALLY made some adjustments and fixed up the shit that had been ruining this season, and pulled out the biggest win we've had in years. I haven't seen UVA play as well as they did today since they whomped #16 Maryland 48-13 in 2002. Wahoowa, bitches.

Yeah, I agree and was thinking the same thing

It reminds me when they took a similar poll after the Longest Yard Super Bowl and then again after the first Patriot's SB win.

"What is the greatest SB of all time?"

Yeah, take a guess on what won each time.

I just got back home about an hour ago, and seeing it live, it was just pathetic. From my view, the ref saw Bush push Leinart into the end-zone, and for them not to call it is bullshit. Just another example of the refs not wanting the team that wins all the time to lose. Same shit with Dallas, and I'm fucking hoping for Texas to play them in the Rose Bowl just to see Vince Young run over the USC defense.

Guest *KNK*
I just got back home about an hour ago, and seeing it live, it was just pathetic. From my view, the ref saw Bush push Leinart into the end-zone, and for them not to call it is bullshit.  Just another example of the refs not wanting the team that wins all the time to lose. Same shit with Dallas, and I'm fucking hoping for Texas to play them in the Rose Bowl just to see Vince Young run over the USC defense.

It would be bullshit to call a play that occurs every week and is never called on just because it's a major game with a major team with a unbeaten streak.

It's a rule that essentially doesn't exist.

Well hopefully USC will take their loss elsewhere. They can't keep making these miracle comebacks. If not in conference they'll get hit by Texas or VA Tech in the Rose Bowl.

And seriously what is Mark May's deal? I mean if you watched Gameday Final or hell anything that he was on yesterday you expected him to whip out the Cardinal and Gold facepaint.

Oh and I remember Trev Alberts saying that Adrian Peterson wouldn't be a Heisman finalist not because he wasn't a great player but because of defenses keying on him and his team not being as good. Wow. He turned out to be spot on. That and the fact that OU killed Adrian Peterson in their first 4 games. I hope that people around the country don't start thinking AD isn't a good player though. The dude is hurt and the only weapon on a team with none.

Guest *KNK*
...You can't push people forward?  That's news to me.

There's actually a rule against it but it hasn't been called since...ever.

If ND complains about that, they are just crybabies. Weis knows it's a bullshit excuse anyways. The people crying about it are just ND fanboys or USC haters will take any excuse they can.

Well hopefully USC will take their loss elsewhere. They can't keep making these miracle comebacks.

Why not? That's exactly what they did last year, and this year they've done it against better competition.

I think the thing ND fans or USC haters should be complaining about the most is the spotting of the ball on the last play. No wait should it have been on the one.

Guest *KNK*
I think the thing ND fans or USC haters should be complaining about the most is the spotting of the ball on the last play. No wait should it have been on the one.

good point, if it were properlly spotted, USC would have no choice but to tie the game with the FG.