Sign in to follow this  
Guest thecobra2

New Bound For Glory Matches

Guest thecobra2

Two new matches were just announced on tnawrestling.com:

X Division Four Way:

“The Original Playa From The Himalaya” Sonjay Dutt vs. Austin Aries

vs. Alex Shelley vs. Roderick Strong

The Diamonds In The Rough (Diamond, Primetime, Young)

vs. Apolo, Sonny Siaki and Shark Boy

The X-Division four way looks awesome!!!

Guest *KNK*

There is absolutely no way WWE can come close to sniffing this incredible line up.

Who else is hoping Shelley, Aries and Strong just beat down Dutt and reform GenNext in TNA?

I hope the 6 man is on the opener on the free portion of the show.

While GenNext is an ROH thing, I wouldn't be opposed to it if it were reincarnated in TNA, but that's also because I'm a GenNext mark, so sue me.

OK...I just finished a long night of drinking...but I'm pretty sure that Skipper faces Joe in the second hour of the taping.

Also...when a match is Dutt vs. Shelley vs. Aries vs. Strong...I really don't give a crap if there is a storyline reason for it. There all B team X guys...isn't trying to move up the ladder reason enough?

Does the fact that there is no storyline reason for Joe vs. Liger make it a throwaway bad match?

Guest Biggles

So, that brings us to 8 matches, and still they haven't announced the tag title match or the rumored 3LK vs. Team Canada match. So we'll get 10 matches. That's a little much. Though we do have an extra 30 minutes.

Guest Fishyswa

"Also...when a match is Dutt vs. Shelley vs. Aries vs. Strong...I really don't give a crap if there is a storyline reason for it. There all B team X guys...isn't trying to move up the ladder reason enough?

Does the fact that there is no storyline reason for Joe vs. Liger make it a throwaway bad match?"

So I take it you really enjoy Heat and Velocity?

Does the fact that there is no storyline reason for Joe vs. Liger make it a throwaway bad match?

No. If you have 2 world class workers, they can make a match work and they don't need a big, long convoluted storyline. I think some folks are just so used to watching WWE's style of doing things that they want a storyline with promos, skits, lead up matches, etc that they can't really deal with a match built around 2 excellent wrestlers. One who is the best in the company and one who is the best in the world being flown in to compete and showcase their skills.

Kobashi vs Joe from ROH proved you don't need a storyline to have a killer match.

The only thing stopping me from getting BFG, really, is Nash/Jarrett, because I really DON'T care for that match at all, and I know it's the match that's going to be hyped up the most on Impact afterwards.

The only thing stopping me from getting BFG, really, is Nash/Jarrett, because I really DON'T care for that match at all, and I know it's the match that's going to be hyped up the most on Impact afterwards.

Even though I am going to get the show, that match itself is most definately decreases my overall interest in the show. Having that match on the lineup immediately makes me care less in this supposed WrestleMania of TNA less than most of their other ppvs this year. Sad but true.

To be perfectly honest, even with some solid undercard matches, overall I dont think TNA has really done a top notch job with this lineup for the ppv, considering this is supposed to be their big show and their angles from x number of months past dont exactly all lead here. I just wish they would have done Raven v. Jarrett here as that has at least been somewhat built up here and there in months past. Of course though I am not going to complain about Joe v. Liger though.

I guess to me this ppv seems more than anything like a redux of certain matches that TNA thinks "worked" from ppvs past - IE another Ultimate X match with the usual suspects, another Ironman match w/ Daniels and Styles, another Ortiz as ref appearance, another Jarrett-Nash match, another Monsters Ball match, etc. I guess I was hoping for a little more creativity myself....

Guest *KNK*

I don't think the main event reduces my euthusiasm for this show at all.

I'm likely to just not pay close attention to it, but A shitty final match won't keep me from being excited about an otherwise great card.

The last few posts have really opened this thread up for some intelligent discussion.

I can see both sides.

The main event is Jarrett vs. Nash. Now they had a watchable match the last time (a miracle in its own right) but we all know that there are several more deserving people in that main event slot. Even if it was someone working Jarrett for the title.

The main event is the downfall of the Spike TV debut. <INSERT BIGGEST NAME POSSIBLE INTO MAIN EVENT> Matt Hardy chose WWE, Foley chose WWE, Sting won't return calls...

But...to my mind...

Turning down Samoa Joe (who I have come to respect as the best worker not only in the promotion...but in North America at this point) vs. Jushin Liger, Styles vs. Daniels, Aries vs. Strong vs. Shelley vs. Dutt, and Ultimate X...

That's a lot.

The biggest problem with putting Jarrett back on top...isn't Jarrett being on top...

It's ignoring the things that this promotion has done right for the last few months.

Their ppvs have been really good. They got a legit national TV deal. They are featuring no less than 4 (half the card) X division matches on their biggest show.

Now...they are trying to middle it by putting "names" in the title picture...but who can honestly blame them?

They're flying in Jushin Friggin Liger to put over Samoa Joe to appease those of us that hate Jarrett.

A little respect?

Honestly, the more I think about it, the less I care about Jarrett/Nash being the main event...as long as it doesn't go on last. Why? Well, a couple reasons.

1. Jarrett IS going over. There's no doubt about that. All signs point to Jarrett holding onto the belt until somebody that is considered TNA, likely Styles or Raven, beats him for it in a couple of months. Hopefully it's Raven, because he deserves a clean win over Jarrett (and D'Amore would have to be RETARDED to not know that Raven pinning Jarrett would blow the roof off of the place).

2. The match is NOT going to be that good. Jarrett's best matches are with painfully superior workers, or with workers that have such a connection to the crowd that you can look beyond the lack of actual QUALITY of the match and get caught up in its emotion. I still say Jarrett's best matches in TNA were against Killings and Raven (though the Harris match was surprisingly good). Nash...is Nash. He's getting older, he hasn't been that good in years, and...yeah.

3. It's going to be a screwjob finish. Tito is somehow going to fuck over Nash, or there's gonna be a refbump and Jarrett's posse fuck over Nash, or whatever. The final match of the biggest TNA show to date needs to have a happy ending so that the fans can go home feeling some sense of catharsis.

So, basically, this leaves one match to finish off BFG: AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels, 30-Minute Iron Man match for the X-Division title. Make it happen, TNA. Make it happen.

((Oh, and push The Truth back into the main event for good, dammit!!))

Guest *KNK*

Sounds like a no-brainer, especially considering how the X Title is basically treated on the same level as the World title so far.

This is an opportunity to say "we aren't conventional, our world title match isn't always going to be last just because it's the world title match. Our "main event" will be the PEOPLE's main event".

I think the ironman match is going on last too. I think the best way to do the title match is to have it come out of some sort of brawl situation, where Nash demands the match right there. Might even be a hell of a way to lead into the start of the 3 hours people actually have to pay for.

I think the ironman match is going on last too.  I think the best way to do the title match is to have it come out of some sort of brawl situation, where Nash demands the match right there.  Might even be a hell of a way to lead into the start of the 3 hours people actually have to pay for.

Amen brother.

Hrmmmm...having a brawl, and then Nash demands that the World title match start right then and there? A little too ECW, but I like it (mostly because I'm a mark for ECW). Would definitely add some unpredictability to the match (even though we'd be expecting it), and definitely put some doubt as to whether or not Jarrett would successfully retain.

The fourway should be fun, but I have no illusions about it actually being a good match. It'll just be a showcase for the newer guys (GenNext) to hit all their spots. Joe vs. Liger has the potential to be good enough that it carries the whole PPV. But I'm sure some "people" will whine about the match having "no story", even if the guys tell a good story in the ring. With Joe-Liger carrying the card, Styles vs. Daniels should be good enough to support it, with one or 2 other above-average to decent matches. Nothing wrong with that kind of PPV, even if the world title match will stink. I mean hey, WMXXI had crummy main events too, but it wasn't so bad overall because of Angle-HBK and one or 2 other ok matches.

Eh...I can sorta see your point about WM21, but, overall, I felt it was probably the worst WM I've ordered to date (and I only started ordering WM with 14). In my opinion, the last match of the PPV leaves the biggest impact on the viewer, so putting a match that has a foregone finish and is likely going to be pretty bland on last is a bad idea. Remember: outside of Angle/HBK, how many other WM21 matches can you remember? I can only remember Angle/HBK and the Money in the Bank ladder match, and only one of those was actually good enough to watch over again (I didn't care for MitB at all).

I guess the main matches for me were Angle-HBK, the ladder match and Rey vs. Eddy. The latter 2 I only thought were average, but were fine for being undercard "support" matches. I thought Angle vs. HBK was excellent, so that combined with the other 2 made the card somewhat worthwhile even though the 2 main events weren't very good at all. I don't think the show was good, but I don't think it was bad either.

TNA PPVs lately have been kind of following that formula. Although the "secondary" matches on TNA's PPVs have been better than the "secondary" matches I listed above. Sacrifice for example had the Styles-Joe match to carry it, a good match in Waltman-Lynn, a decent match in Aries-Daniels and then an average match in Shocker-Shelley to fill out the undercard. Then the other 4 were all pretty much throwaways. But it was still a decent show in my book.

The fourway should be fun, but I have no illusions about it actually being a good match. It'll just be a showcase for the newer guys (GenNext) to hit all their spots. Joe vs. Liger has the potential to be good enough that it carries the whole PPV. But I'm sure some "people" will whine about the match having "no story", even if the guys tell a good story in the ring. With Joe-Liger carrying the card, Styles vs. Daniels should be good enough to support it, with one or 2 other above-average to decent matches. Nothing wrong with that kind of PPV, even if the world title match will stink. I mean hey, WMXXI had crummy main events too, but it wasn't so bad overall because of Angle-HBK and one or 2 other ok matches.

I still think it's fun to watch Batista throw HHH around the ring for the last 5 minutes...

Guest Brian

I haven't ordered a wrestling PPV since WrestleMania XX. It looks like I'm going to be ordering this.

I wonder how ticket sales have gone since this is the first time they've charged people for show's in Orlando?

I think they charged for Victory Road. Honestly though, there is no reason at this point that they should not at least TRY to charge for each damn taping/ppv.

Guest *KNK*
I wonder how ticket sales have gone since this is the first time they've charged people for show's in Orlando?

I think they charged for Victory Road. Honestly though, there is no reason at this point that they should not at least TRY to charge for each damn taping/ppv.

Exactly, if people are going there for the intention of seeing the show they might as well get them to pay a charge for it (but nothing crazy, I'm saying $15-20) . It seems they draw a consistant crowd, so it's kinda like they have an established fanbase and you aren't getting casual people walking by the studios to come spend a Sunday night watching wrestling. The people who are there, are there to see the show.