TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO RAW thread - 10/17/05

Usually when Hogan comes back, he does something really meaningful:

-vs. Hassan & Daivari (won, this led to his big program with HBK)

Now on the other hand, I have despised the bullshit that we have had from Austin since WM19:

-Makes Hassan, a guy they are pushing, look horrible

Hogan going over Hassan = OK, but Austin making him look bad = bad? I'm not a big fan of Austin or Hogan, but this seemed a bit contradictory.

Needless to say, I am completely dumbfounded from last night. Not only do they book a match for Austin, but Foley as well with only 2 weeks devoted to build this next ppv. It's like they have forgotten about building it until just last night and all of a sudden its hyper build mode. Having either Austin or Foley doing a match with so little build, not to mention having Foley return with so little point to it is just plain bad business on Vince's part and both Austin and Foley as well.

I guess I can accept the Austin thing a little bit since it's playing into a current angle they are going to seemingly go full tilt with, and Austin isnt really necessarily "active again" as a wrestler, as that "match" is moreless going to be Coach bumping bad for Austin and thats about it, much like Bischoff did a few years ago. It's almost more like an angle than an actual match. With Foley though, there is no excuse for hotshotting his return so apathetically like that, it's pure idiocy at it's finest.

I'm sure they hit the panic button on Taboo Tuesday since 1) the last two ppvs probably will end up drawing the lowest buyrates in years and 2) last years Taboo Tuesday did something horrible of a buyrate itself. But if you are going to load up a card, at least do it with enough time to build it up, meaning more than a month in the very least. Again this is moreless pertaining to the Foley/Carlito thing, which came out of nowhere.

As far as the show itself, it was abysmal to hear Coach as the lead announcer. When is Vince going to get that this guy is not even interesting in any capacity? The Xpac heat was totally there when Vince introduced him. Part of me hoped they would have brought in Joey Styles for a while to be with Lawler and Coach in the interim, and then when Ross returns, get Coach out of the announcing. Apparently Styles was going to be the third man on the team months ago instead of Coach, but someone in the company made a power play to keep Styles out of there in fear of backlash from people in the company (this was covered in the Observer this week).

The matches themselves were all pretty weak. HBK tried with Carlito but it just didnt click. Give them credit for trying to do something strong with Taboo Tuesday, and dare I say now with the lineup I might throw down some funds on it. It just seems too much too late, but we'll see since there is still two shows to build things up. The Flair promo was fucking great and probably the highlight of the show. Also, Austin seemed in rare form last night as that was the first time I enjoyed a segment from him in years.

No one can click with Carlito. Look, as long as they have this bizarre hard on for giving Carlito most of the offense the guy will remain unwatchable. Carlito is the sort of heel who should be getting his ass kicked 80% of the match before either jobbing or pulling out his bogus wins.

Also, Carlito's matches don't build to anything. This is due to his inexcusable lack of a finish. All matches have to build to something, there has to be a threat of a guy's main move. Carlito has no move. Jake Roberts was never an amazing wrestler but his matches all had a dramatic tension due to the fact that he could nail that DDT on someone at any time. There would be teases of the spot, etc. In other words, Carlito cannot tease a lethal finisher (which even Chris Masters can do) by going for it, he has no submission finisher so he can't work a body part. In short, he's fucking putrid.

I am never watching raw ever, ever again.

I head hurts from listening to a face Lawler and coach argue all night.

I hate Carlito

The mere mention of voting and HBK in the same sentence makes things too obvious

I hate Carlito

"Now JR, that's not true." My head nearly exploded

Kane returning to the battle royal and . . . um yeah, way too predictable

I hate Carlito

Stone Cold will get fired. Why even tease at a JR return?

Coach needs to go away

I hate Carltio

Yup, I think that's everything.

After watching raw ever since it was a show without matches, I am voluntarily not watching it. Thank you Vince McMahon.

Does emailing the wwe telling them what you hate and like about what they are doing help? I feel like complaining to them.

Guest Fook_Theta

I thought Styles didn't want to take the job. He's making enough from his current gig and is happy with the family-job situation, instead of having to fly around country atleast once a week. He's not a fan of the WWE product and doesn't like to be told what to say.

I thought Styles didn't want to take the job.  He's making enough from his current gig and is happy with the family-job situation, instead of having to fly around country atleast once a week.  He's not a fan of the WWE product and doesn't like to be told what to say.

That may have been a different time he was offered a job. I know there was no notice in the Observer about him turning the offer down as the third man as it was more that politics played a part in the company reconsidering it's thought on Styles.

Guest Zarock

Thoughts about RAW:

-The Battle Royale was hilariously lame. The fact that it came to down Chris Masters and Kane over who might possibly get a shot at the WWE Title is just great.

-Carlito can do wrestling moves?! WTF?! I nearly shat my pants watching him do a cross body, but that he worked in his Downward Spiral-move, a back suplex(!!!!), and what I think was the only suplex he's done that wasn't countered- I was weeping with joy.

-I thought it was really weird that EDGE of all people is leading the RAW Invasion of Smackdown .

-The Cabana piece was really retarded and went nowhere. Also, I can't tell whether Linda's piece was kayfabed or actually real. If it was real, then it's pretty petty of them to be honest. If it was kayfabed, then it's just retarded.

-Oh hey and the Hurricane's here y'all.

-I thought it was really weird that EDGE of all people is leading the RAW Invasion of Smackdown . 

I'm not sure where exactly they are going with that since as of the last report, Edge isnt even on the Raw team at Survivor Series against the SD guys. They might book another Edge/Hardy match at Survivor Series though, who knows.

I fast forwarded through RAW on my TiVo after work last night, and it was just terrible, I actually stopped to watch maybe 25 minutes of the whole 2 hour show. 'Sic him Kurt? Who the hell writes this shit? A Battle Royal with only 2 logical winners (Shelton, Kane) where one of the two gets eliminated halfway through? Who books this shit?

I'm not sure where exactly they are going with that since as of the last report, Edge isnt even on the Raw team at Survivor Series against the SD guys. They might book another Edge/Hardy match at Survivor Series though, who knows.

Seems way too convenient, with edge and matt supposedly scheduled at the same show. Odd, how edges vendetta is with JBL. If they plan on edge and matt confronting each other again, they could've done the angle much better. I imagine Matt will be hanging around in the locker room and edge will be fuming, looking for JBL and just happens "run into" matt," of course, adding to the "shootness" of the angle, much like they did before with them. Only this time, it will come off stupidly and even the most casual of casual fans will look confused.

I hate to say this, but this might be the first time ever, or at least since his WCW days, that I was not interested in something Mick Foley was doing.

Thing is, it really didn't have anything to do with Carlito either. Mick seemed off. Don't think it was the crowd either. I just think Mick either really isn't feeling this rushed feud with Carlito or he's lost some of his edge because I was not compelled by any of his mic work last night.

Fuck it, I'll go ahead and just say it. Last night was probrably the worst mic work I've seen from Mick Foley.

Edge is the most over Raw heel that would be available for the SS tag.

Angle=Stuff w/ Cena

HHH=Stuff w/ Flair

It'll be the AWFUL BLAND RAW TEAM OF

Edge, The Big Show (worst shape/matches of his life, btw), Shawn Michaels, Carlito, and Shelton Benjamin

Vs.

The Great Smackdown! team of

JBL, Rey Mysterio, Christian, Chris Benoit, and Randy Orton

Smackdown goes over.

I think people on this forum have a higher opinion of Shelton than WWE itself does. There's nothing in the past couple of months of storylines that would lead me to believe Shelton was 1 of 2 contenders in that battle royale last night. There's nothing to lead me to think Shelton would be on a Raw team at Survivor Series. The guy has been buried and is currently feuding with white boy Chavo on the internet Heat. Let's face it, if you are on the net version of Heat or Velocity that is the same as being dead.

And yes I saw Carlito's attempt at a cross body off the top. Hell he damn near tripped doing that. Steamboat he is not.

Guest Trecko
I think people on this forum have a higher opinion of Shelton than WWE itself does.  There's nothing in the past couple of months of storylines that would lead me to believe Shelton was 1 of 2 contenders in that battle royale last night.  There's nothing to lead me to think Shelton would be on a Raw team at Survivor Series.  The guy has been buried and is currently feuding with white boy Chavo on the internet Heat.  Let's face it, if you are on the net version of Heat or Velocity that is the same as being dead.

And yes I saw Carlito's attempt at a cross body off the top.  Hell he damn near tripped doing that.  Steamboat he is not.

Glad to see I'm not the only one seeing this. All hate for him aside, the guy hasn't done shit over the past couple months to even be considered relevant, storyline wise. Why would any of you actually sit here and write him into a match representing a RAW team when he's barely even ON the show, let alone even consider him one of the "logical" winners of a match for a shot at the WWE title? I know ya'll like him and everything but...seriously...come on. :-|

As for RAW, since I can't remember if I actually posted anything in here during the show...it was definitely eh for me. It had a couple bright spots (Austin being the brightest of them all), but after actually enjoying the first 2 shows back on USA, it seemed really sloppy and not thought out...at all. That bein said, I still don't get why they hyped RAW as being the first show with the McMahons "united" when Linda and Shane weren't there, and Stephanie and Vince appeared at seperate times. =\

YEah, what's with this sudden Edge/JBL feud? I guess I missed something on Smackdown or RAW last week. But who are the fans supposed to cheer, since both guys have been built up as pretty strong heels? I don't get it.

"There's nothing to lead me to think Shelton would be on a Raw team at Survivor Series."

::flashes back to last year::

"And the fourth member of Team Orton will be...Maven!"

If Shelton Benjamin sucked, he probably would be in the Maven role at this year's Survivor Series knowing WWE.

Maven pinned Batista *CLEAN* on Raw last fall.

Something these guys: JBL, Triple H, Chris Jericho, The Dudley Boyz, Shelton Benjamin, Goldberg, Edge, Mick Foley, The Rock, Ric Flair, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit have had the oppurtunity to do but have never done.

Maven pinned Batista *CLEAN* on Raw last fall.

Something these guys:  JBL, Triple H, Chris Jericho, The Dudley Boyz, Shelton Benjamin, Goldberg, Edge, Mick Foley, The Rock, Ric Flair, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit have had the oppurtunity to do but have never done.

That was pre-top face World Heavyweight Champion Batista, though, back when he was still just a mere Evolution "enforcer". If WWE booked heel Maven vs. Batista now (if Maven were still with WWE and was drafted to Smackdown earlier this year), Batista would have squashed Maven quickly.