TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

Bound for Glory

Guest Coffey

I know he won several back in the weekly Wednesday PPV days. He seemed to be getting a quasi-push and had a really good Spinebuster.

Basically, it's David Young and Elix Skipper. They lose a lot, so Simon Diamond snatched them up and made a make shift stable with them, saying that they're Diamonds in the Rough and he can polish them into shape.

Although they still constantly job out.

there was another Diamond in the Rough, Tryten, but TNA woke up from their drug induced coma and realized he was pretty shitty and let him go

Has Young ever won a match in TNA?

Yea, he has when he used to wear the tights that were pants and they actually put OVER the Spine buster. He had a pretty kick ass t-shirt that had a spine that was broken

I was a big fan of David Young when he was in NWA Wildside. I talked to the guy a few times, and he seemed pretty cool to me. And Skipper, I've always liked him.

Guest Coffey

I don't think I've ever liked Skipper. He just looks like a jobber to me. He's in shape but he has a babyface and a terrible speaking voice. I'm not real high on most of his moves either, although I like the Matrix thing.

Has Young ever won a match in TNA?

Yeah. He won two matches in the first year of TNA, and then the losing streak gimmick began. He ended it by beating Gilberti, which was a stupid, stupid move, as TNA spent months building up an angle that had no payoff. Young vanished for a few months, and Gilberti was gone forever.

I wasent sure where to put this and wasent sure if it was posted but in the new observer Meltzer said Lyger wont be at the TV tapings.

Guest Coffey

Gilberti is just another example of a wrestler whom got stereotyped and his career was over because of it. He can never be anything other than Disco Inferno. On one hand, he'll be recognized. On the other hand, he'll always be a comedy act. Blame WCW.

He's a good wrestler too, so it's a shame. I thought he'd have been good in an Italian Mafia "made man" type of role. Like, he's the leader of a stable. Too bad all the FBI and all that shit is so played into the ground.

I'm right there with you on Gilberti. I was a big fan of his too in WCW, but I hate to see that it's been so hard for him being able to get past the Disco Inferno gimmick.

I'm very interested in seeing how they use the first thirty minutes to get more people to order the show. That right there could say a lot about TNA to the new fans.

And from PWInsider:

There's also a Polynesian dance troupe backstage scheduled to come out with Samoa Joe. His match with Jushin Liger is scheduled for 8 p.m. to open the PPV.

There is also a major spot planned for Jeff Hardy for the Monster's Ball match.

That second one is pretty obvious though. :)

Guest *KNK*
I'm very interested in seeing how they use the first thirty minutes to get more people to order the show. That right there could say a lot about TNA to the new fans.

Giving them a quality match is a good start, they'll likely hype the Nash situation and start the "who gets the shot"mystery push. It'll come off as a work but that's fine.