TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Wood Caulfield

George Carlin coming out with a new comedy special

From HBO.com--

Direct from the stage of the Beacon Theater in New York City, a longtime HBO favorite returns for his unprecedented 13th stand-up comedy special. Uncensored and uninhibited, this all-new 75-minute show - his fifth live performance on HBO - will feature George Carlin's dead-on observations on such subjects as extreme human behavior; the feasibility of an all-suicide cable channel; and his inimitable takes on obscure American words and phrases. Don't miss the latest outrageous observations from America's original counterculture spokesman, Saturday, November 5 at 10 PM EST.

I'm a huge George Carlin fan so I can't wait for this. This should be good.

If it's what I heard in Philly, it's alright but lot of it fell flat. The suicide jokes just didn't work well at all. Seemed to come across forced. Still, I have tremendous respect for his previous work so I'll give it a shot.

^ The problem with his last show was that he fell into a formulaic rut:

"You know who else needs to be (killed in a unique way)? These (subgroup of people with annoying trait). When I see (subgroup of people with annoying trait) I say, hey buddy, (sexually violates person with an inanimate object)."

It's funny a couple times, but he did that for about 40% of the show.

:D yay its been too long. His last show was ok IMO I especially liked the bit about the stupid names people are being given these day. HBO comedy channel is always showing his old specials and tehy are still great and funny after all these years. My favorite one remains his 1996 "Back in Town" special. I always wanted to go see him live, but haven't had the chance yet.