TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Blitz: The League

I picked this game up for the Xbox, seeing as how I loved the old Blitz games and the new story mode and Live play interested me. I played a couple games, and damn, I was disappointed. I really did not like the game.

Then I tried the tutorials. They were tough at points, and Lawrence Taylor shouted more obscenities at me than my mother ever had, but after finishing, I played another exhibition game and I realized soemthing. This game is awesome!

It has all the stuff from the old Blitz games, but so much more. Matrix/bullet-time like Clash Mode, dirty hits where you can snap guys' bones and tendons in half, hilarious player taunts and touchdown celebrations, and so much more.

I had a hard time putting the game down, and that's just on 1 player exhibition mode. I haven't even started the season (since I have to create a team while on Live to use it online) or played on Live since it's down today, but damn, I love this game.

I've never played the Street games so I can't compare the two, but for thoseof you who don't have this, I highly recommend it.

I will rent this game, because the Blitz games are fun to play with friends, but not for long periods of time.

I can't wait to send hookers to my opponents locker room.

Guest Evolution

Very good for a rental, and maybe for a buy if you're into the Madden-alternative genre (Street and the like). Catch-up AI runs a little rampant here and there, which is annoying in any game not named Burnout, but the campaign mode is excellent and the fact that the creators went through the trouble of creating a league history says a lot about the game.

I can imagine that playing against friends would be a terrible bitch, with a lack of pass interference rules and such. But there are lots of cool special gameplay modes, and lots of unlockables to be had.

But that's what Blitz is- No pass interference and "home cookin'" catch up AI.

Still, I would recommend a rental first as well, especially if you don't have Live/PS2 online/friends. If it weren't for Live, I never would have bought the game.

Yeah they are bad. But it helps if you take out your memory card while not saving/loading from/on to it.

I bought it and I'm gonna trade it in pretty soon. The story mode is so-so and the gameplay is fun at first, but to me, got old pretty damn fast. I'd say rent it, def. don't just buy it, as its not for everyone. And personally, I enjoy Street much more than I do Blitz.

Guest redmenace

It's a pretty average game, the AI's where I found the holes in it. I could run the same passing pattern four times in a row without fail, and even throw to the same receiver, and be fine. Then suddenly, the AI would catch on to any duplicate plays and shut me down for a bit. Then, just like before, I'd wait a bit, and could run the same plays back to back. Took the fun away from it.

Yeah, the game definately has issues with money plays. Also, I was pretty annoyed how receivers would catch anything thrown their way. ESPN 2k5 is by far a better football game, though Blitz has some funny moments. I liked refusing to properly treat my injured players, and renaming my players after football assholes like O.J.

Guest Fishyswa

Come on guys, answer the question we all want to know, is "Da Bomb" still a play in the game? :P

I used to drive my friend mike nuts with that play, he was all about running, and I just constantly threw the length of the field to score in less than 3 downs.

I loved that play, but I haven't seen it yet.  Then again, I only played with about 1/3 of the teams before creating my own for campaign mode, and each has a different playbook.

REALLY? Wow. Didn't know that. I just went through the training camp and went straight to campaign mode. Only done a couple of Quick Plays, and used my created team.

The problem I have is the inconsistency. The team ratings seemingly mean nothing. I had more trouble with the Redhawks (or whoever the Washington team is) then I did with the Charlotte team in my first game in Division 2, who according to the ratings is a helluva lot better. I stomped the piss out of them and their pretty boy QB. Not really anything worth returning the game over, just the inconsistency is odd.

I do like how you get to add a pretty damn good player to your squad after you move up to Division 2. He helped solidify my defense.

Good Lord the Division 2 final is pissing me off. I've beaten the crap out of the Reapers twice during the season yet all of the sudden they're in overdrive. They're pass rush is blowing away my OL, and their KR Dye is returning everything to at least midfield.

After restarting a couple of times I finally managed to get a clutch 2 pt conversion to go up 43-42 with 22 seconds left. I get them to 4th and 30 with 8 seconds left. They get a 31 YARD GAIN, call time out, and then kick the game winning field goal. I had to turn it off after that.