TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jebus

TNA finally gets a videogame deal

Hrmmm...this could be interesting. I wonder why the EA deal fell through...maybe because EA has a wrestling game series with Def Jam?

Dammit...that would've been []D [] []\/[] []D. A TNA game with Def Jam: Fight For New York controls and similar gameplay (though that game engine would lend itself more to a UFC game than anything else).

Motion capture CAN work, it's just Acclaim didn't put in the effort anymore since the company was going under. I'll wait for the screenshots.

But Midway? All they really release is arcade style action games in all sports and that really worries me. I don't want arcade style action, I want something like HCTP only you know, better and with more awesome moves.

This really depends on who's developing the game. Midway is capable of putting out a very good game or one that is complete garbage. Will they license out an engine from a Japanese wrestling game? Will it be an internal Midway team or a development house?

NWA: Mortal Kombat~!

Watch as the lights in the arena dim as Jeff Jarrett uses his guitar as a shovel to bury his opponents for the Fatality!

I also await screenshots, even though I don't even really currently own a gaming system, I'm content with my PC.

All they really need to tell me to get my money: "This game has Samoa Joe."

I'll hold off any other comments until I can place this on the AKI-to-Acclaim Scale.

NWA: Mortal Kombat~!

Watch as the lights in the arena dim as Jeff Jarrett uses his guitar as a shovel to bury his opponents for the Fatality!

I also await screenshots, even though I don't even really currently own a gaming system, I'm content with my PC.

Don't forget Jeff Hardy's fatality... he kills his opponents by making them watch matches of himself. :lol:

Good news even if the game sucks.

If I may wax nostalgic for a moment...

After week 4 of their Wednesday ppvs...I led the charge to get this forum made. I was told we could have it as a seperate entity (and this was key because some wanted to lump the rest of indy wrestling in this folder too) as long as they stayed in business.

That was over 3 years ago. And now they have a national honest to God TV deal...monthly ppvs that blow the WWE's out of the water...DVDs that I actually saw (and bought) at Media Play today...and now a video game in the making.

For as much bad press that can be thrown TNA's way...they have suceeded beyond anyone's imagination.

Huzzah!

Raven throwing Edgar Allen Poe books at his opponent...

Monty Brown morphing into a cheetah and giving someone a POUUUNNNNNCE...

AMW decapitating their opponents with beer bottles...

Sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

Good news even if the game sucks.

If I may wax nostalgic for a moment...

After week 4 of their Wednesday ppvs...I led the charge to get this forum made.  I was told we could have it as a seperate entity (and this was key because some wanted to lump the rest of indy wrestling in this folder too) as long as they stayed in business.

That was over 3 years ago.  And now they have a national honest to God TV deal...monthly ppvs that blow the WWE's out of the water...DVDs that I actually saw (and bought) at Media Play today...and now a video game in the making.

For as much bad press that can be thrown TNA's way...they have suceeded beyond anyone's imagination.

Huzzah!

TNA will go out of business 3 months after the release of the video game.

:firedevil:

Konnan's special move needs to be the shoe throw.

As stupid as it looks, at least Konnan actually does that in TNA, unlike the possible morphing-into-a-cheetah shit from Monty Brown that Midway would probably include in the videogame.

When AJ does a Spiral Tap, he'll probably turn into a Tornado or some such shit.

Guest DVD Spree

Hey, I was playing Mania Arcade on the PSone only the other week, and I still find it amazingly playable. Adam Bomb may not really be in it, and I'm not sure that it's really the best move for TNA to have a game in the same vein, but the original was and still is awesome.

Why are you all just assuming it will be like Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game? That game was ten years ago.

If they can't get the AKI engine, they should license the King of Colosseum engine. They shouldn't bother making their own. It ain't easy.

Why are you all just assuming it will be like Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game?  That game was ten years ago.

If they can't get the AKI engine, they should license the King of Colosseum engine.  They shouldn't bother making their own.  It ain't easy.

I think all the Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game references were a joke ;)

Apparently Midway has asked TNA talent to help them with developing the game, so sayeth AJ Styles in the new Power Slam magazine. He's apparently a fan of Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 and prefers the AKI engine so hopefully things will work out for the best if he does contribute.