TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

The OAO Taboo Tuesday Thread

Guest *KNK*
Who all were the RAW guys fighting the SD guys on RAW this week? I think I saw Cade and Murdock in there, but do you really want them in the match?

With all of this talk abotu Vince putting down Bishoff, maybe they'll seriously give us a War Games match, RAW vs. SD, at SS.

Apart from Edge and Masters, it wasn't anybody who would be a top Raw guy.

And we'll never get War Games in WWE.

Not as long as Vince McMahon runs things. Triple H couldn't sweet talk him into doing it. We'll have to wait until Trips takes over.

It's not like it's impossible to see War-Games ever again, considering other indies have done it and ROH will do it in a month as well.

Ummm, if Edge doesn't care about SD or RAW, then why in the hell was he a part of this entire feud to start with? Why did he invade SD with Masters?

Talk about bullshit.

Lita talked him out of it. ;)

I know, but I can't help but dream.

It's more than likely for the best, since it would end up a horrible shitfest more than likely.

And boy, I still can't get over Foley's showing on the PPV, and on this past RAW. Surely I'm not alone on this one. At least when Hogan shows up he actually acts like he's into whatever it is he's doing. Just about anyone else who returns puts more into it than what we've seen from Foley.

Maybe he's disgusted with himself for coming in to take on Carlito instead of going for Samoa Joe.

Ummm, if Edge doesn't care about SD or RAW, then why in the hell was he a part of this entire feud to start with? Why did he invade SD with Masters?

Talk about bullshit.

Lita talked him out of it. ;)

Speaking of Lita, I was almost expecting Styles to refer to her as Miss Congeniality. :D

It's more than likely for the best, since it would end up a horrible shitfest more than likely.

And boy, I still can't get over Foley's showing on the PPV, and on this past RAW. Surely I'm not alone on this one. At least when Hogan shows up he actually acts like he's into whatever it is he's doing. Just about anyone else who returns puts more into it than what we've seen from Foley.

Maybe he's disgusted with himself for coming in to take on Carlito instead of going for Samoa Joe.

On WWE.Com's Unlimited thing on the PPV, Foley was asked what he thought of the match and he said:

"It went from utter joy to utter panic pretty quickly when I realized that I was quite a bit heavier and less prepared than for the Randy Orton match at Backlash 2004."

Some people backstage said Foley was very disappointed with his performance and some accounts say he actually apologized to Carlito for the match.

On WWE.Com's Unlimited thing on the PPV, Foley was asked what he thought of the match and he said:

"It went from utter joy to utter panic pretty quickly when I realized that I was quite a bit heavier and less prepared than for the Randy Orton match at Backlash 2004."

Some people backstage said Foley was very disappointed with his performance and some accounts say he actually apologized to Carlito for the match.

Got to give the man props for that- it takes a man of character to not only admit he wasn't up to snuff, but to also apologize to his opponet as well.

Guest *KNK*

How would Carlito know if he had a bad match? Could he tell the difference?

Ouch.

From the moment Foley started to walk out to the ring I made a remark about how horrible he looked. It's all good that he accepts the blame, but it doesn't make up for it at all.

Guest *KNK*
Ouch.

From the moment Foley started to walk out to the ring I made a remark about how horrible he looked. It's all good that he accepts the blame, but it doesn't make up for it at all.

It only goes to serve how WWE really didn't care about it either. They told Mick ahead of time "We want you to craft something with Orton and we are going to build this thing over a long stretch of time to make it big", with Carlito, they just threw the match @ Mick not even a month before the show. Giving Foley very little time to get in ring shape.

Another sign of how unmotivated Foley is when he doesn't care about his product. Taking the blame is nice but it's not important really. Foley never took blame nor credit for the most part throughout his entire career.

Because War Games is one of the few bonafide ideas that is almost impossible to screw up, unless you have the entire match build around the Warrior running in. It just requires two teams coming in one at a time and they beat holy hell out of one another, massive bladejobs, etc.

Let's say that Foley actually did get in shape. For what? Carlito? Foley could have gotten into 1996 shape and that match with Carlito would have still been fairly crappy.

Let's say that Foley actually did get in shape.  For what?  Carlito?  Foley could have gotten into 1996 shape and that match with Carlito would have still been fairly crappy.

Good point. HBK couldn't even get a good match out of Carlito not too long ago.

Guest *KNK*
I think it's more likely to see a Six-Man Tag Team Elimination Chamber any time soon than War Games.  Not that it wouldn't be a good idea.

12 Men inside that thing? That would a interesting train-wreck to say the least.

As I said before, War-Games isn't an WWE exclusive concept (the name, maybe).

Guest *KNK*
I think it's more likely to see a Six-Man Tag Team Elimination Chamber any time soon than War Games.  Not that it wouldn't be a good idea.

12 Men inside that thing? That would a interesting train-wreck to say the least.

I think he meant 3 men per team.

Yeah that makes more sense, I just glazed over it and thought he said six tag team elimination chamber.

That would be fun as hell, if they ever make the tag titles meaningful again. It'd work on Smackdown because they actually have more then six teams that could really make that environment suit them (LOD, MnM, Blue Bloods, Mexicools, FBI, Tolands, Spanky/London...).

Guest JMA

Putting Carlito and Foley together was a pretty idiotic idea in the first place. Like I said, just make the guy a manager (that occasionally wrestles) or send him back to OVW.

Good point. HBK couldn't even get a good match out of Carlito not too long ago.

Well, if Shawn Michaels can't get a good / decent match out of you, you know you're in trouble.

Edit: Upon re-watching Taboo, I forgot to comment earlier on how fucking SICK it looked when Hardy and Snitsky almost fucked up that superplex with Gene landing almost right on his head.