TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

Major changes going on in WWE

Major changes are going on involving a shakeup in the structure of the writing crew on Smackdown. Big Dave's injury has exasbarated the already existant turmoil in WWE. Should know more by tommorow. Stay tuned!

Meltzer mentioned something on WOL about a few people being held accountable for the Coach/Vader/Goldust segment, but these two incidents are probably unrelated.

So I suppose we can expect Smackdown to start sucking again soon. Whenever the show starts looking up, the writers get fired and they start focusing on backstage stuff and divas again. Life goes on.

All I'm hearing is that after Batista's injury occured, WWE was in chaos, and it's spawned a shakeup on Smackdown. They haven't even gotten to the point of thinking of how to book a new champion yet.

Guest Tuxedo Mask

News posted without the pressence of a source can often be clouded in darkness. Please give more information so that the moonlight may shine upon this info and give those with pure hearts hope for the future.

News posted without the pressence of a source can often be clouded in darkness. Please give more information so that the moonlight may shine upon this info and give those with pure hearts hope for the future.

It is what it is. I don't have anything else substantive except that by tommorow we should know more and that it's a "major shakeup".

Let me guess: Stephanie is going to promote herself to "One and Only" writer, since she is the only one who knows what the fans want. Everyone else will be fired.

Expect Benoit and Eddy to be scooping up the shit of Lucy the Dog in 2 weeks.

I'm kind of a Batista fan....and it's obviously a shitty situation to lose a world champion to injury....

But, how fucking sad is it that the WWE put all their eggs in the basket of a nearly 40 yr old, injury prone, 1 or 2 trick pony? I mean, it's very unfortunate, but it's not a shock....and for them to have not had multiple contingency plans for this sort of situation.....tells you how poor the company is run these days

As for Dusty Rhodes, I would not be surprised in the least to see him used as a scapegoat. Dusty is NOT a good booker, but he CAN be a good idea man. I don't know what exactly he's been doing for them....but if it's ANYTHING more than just being a guy who contributes ideas then it's fucking STUPID, and they should have known it would be stupid before they even hired him. In some ways, I get the feeling that he may have been hired JUST to be a scapegoat....in a "throw shit at the wall" kind of way

I've got my fingers crossed that this "shakeup" results in Stephanie McMahon demoted and/or tarred and feathered. A boy can dream....

The latest is that now former Smackdown head writer Dave Lagana is moving to WWE.com to be in charge of that. There was consideration to make Dusty Rhodes the new head writer but that was (thankfully) reconsidered. Apparently some new guy is taking over Smackdown with Dusty as his top assistant though.

I don't know who this MJ Styles fellow is or why he's just saying things without sources, but this "latest news" he posted is from the Monday's Observer, which came out before Batista's injury.

So, Dusty isn't the actual head booker? That's odd since I remember hearing that Lagana was helping to transition Dusty into the role of booker.

As long as Dusty keeps his goofy Dusty Finish things to a minimum and doesn't come up with any goofy gimmicks I have no problem with him being around.

Guest *KNK*
So, Dusty isn't the actual head booker?  That's odd since I remember hearing that Lagana was helping to transition Dusty into the role of booker.

As long as Dusty keeps his goofy Dusty Finish things to a minimum and doesn't come up with any goofy gimmicks I have no problem with him being around.

I say just let Dusty sit around and he's bound to come up with another creative gimmick match.

It is what it is. I don't have anything else substantive except that by tommorow we should know more and that it's a "major shakeup".

You're a tease, Slapnuts.

Is Stephanie still head writer of SD? Because its been getting better in the past couple of months so if she is, how is this possible?

Guest HeadDropMark

LMAO....that was a funny quote.

Smackdown has become WCW Thunder level unwatchable for me. I have friends who are life long fans from the 80's on who don't even bother to tape it. A new head writer can't hurt my interest level any worse than it already is.

The new head Smackdown writer is a former Hollywood writer named "Alex". The original plan was to have Dusty Rhodes be the new head writer when Lagana moved to WWE.com, but those plans changed. Lagana has now moved to WWE.com and this Alex guy is the head writer with Dusty still an assistant. Sorry if I made it seem a lot more interesting than this actually is, but I was just passing along exactly what I heard and that it was a "major shakeup", and the rumor was Dusty was taking over but obviously that changed. So yeah, Alex.

Also, Batista might have been injured going into Smackdown and the bump aggravated it. He apparently can't even lift his arm so it's highly unlikely he'll be able to drop the belt.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
The new head Smackdown writer is a former Hollywood writer named "Alex". The original plan was to have Dusty Rhodes be the new head writer when Lagana moved to WWE.com, but those plans changed. Lagana has now moved to WWE.com and this Alex guy is the head writer with Dusty still an assistant. Sorry if I made it seem a lot more interesting than this actually is, but I was just passing along exactly what I heard and that it was a "major shakeup", and the rumor was Dusty was taking over but obviously that changed. So yeah, Alex.

Also, Batista might have been injured going into Smackdown and the bump aggravated it. He apparently can't even lift his arm so it's highly unlikely he'll be able to drop the belt.

What.Is.Your.Source?