TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Facebook/MySpace/Webshots...

You aren't allowed to drink in college anymore? Since when?

Was your RA under the age of 21? Cause otherwise, I really don't get it.

When did drinking become against school rules?

No, but if there is a picture of me doing a funnel, then it is against the rules. And if there is a picture of someone who is underage drinking, it is against the rules and I get in trouble.

OU became a dry campus after a fraternity drank some kid to death. Seriously they pressured him to drink a bunch and then he passed out on the couch and nobody said a damn thing or checked on him. They just let him lay there all night and he died. Apparently he drank like a half a bottle of jack by himself and a ton of beer and he was just a little dude. They got their charter revoked and OU became a dry campus. Then I had to listen to all the frat douchebags bitch and moan. And to this day they still bitch and moan that they can't drink in their frat houses anymore.

And of course I once again get the dumbass excuse of "I'm just trying to have a good time! Why are they trying to ruin my good time?"

So I'm going to go murder one of them and when I get arrested that'll be my excuse to the cop.

And about the taking pics. Everytime I'm out or at a party and someone wants to take a pic I usually set my beer down. I just don't like there being pictures of me drinking out there even if I am legally allowed to do so. Call it paranoia.

does anyone ever get charged with manslaughter or anything like that when shit like that happens?

Okay they got their charter revoked...okay some of them might have even beenkicked outta school...but some poor family's son died because of stupidity...sure the kid could have said no, but chances are he was trying desperately to get into that Frat and those douche bags put so much pressure on pledges that they'll do ANYTHING to get in...frats/sororites really need to have the hammer dropped on them quickly, I'm not saying flat out ban them, but SOMETHING extreme needs to be done...

Yeah not only that but a lot of them will tell you that they are better than you because they are in a frat or sorority. I often wonder if it's like this at other schools and I'm told the greek system at OU is really bad and full of some of the biggest douchebags in the country. So I don't know how they act at other schools.

They're starting to have undercover cops go around to parties in Norman and bust people and I even heard a frat boy saying "I hope one of those pigs doesn't try that shit on me! My brothers have my back and it'd be a bad night for him if he tries to arrest me!"

And I was thinking "Dumbass. He has a gun......and he won't be alone!"

The one thing I hate about parties(and bars and people in general) is that a lot of irresponsible fucks try to drive home drunk or tipsy. God damn people. How stupid are you? Then they brag about it if they make it.

yeah, let's jump the cops, guys....BRILLIANT!

reminds me of that scene from Dirty Work where the frat guys thought fake cops showed up at the door and jumped them, they were real cops...then they got handled by a mob of real cops...

I'm an 21 year old RA at Northeastern. We can drink, but not be in the presence of underage residents while we are doing so. Also, RA's, Pro-Staff etc. check facebook profiles, myspace, and webshots to get an idea of what we have to look out for, but the policy here is that we can't police the intraweb. If it was done in the past, not much we can do about it. However, we do take note of the kids that are posting pics of them being sloshed, high, stoned, and whatever else the case may be and pay them a little more extra attention.

Since we're also a Co-Op school, a big concern here is that Co-Op employers and faculty can look at these sites and figure out if you're the type of person they want to hire.

Kids don't have any clue how many people look at the information that they put out there themselves. Then they bitch that it's an invasion of privacy, ignoring the simple fact that they posted themselves for all to see, they should suffer the consequences.

does anyone ever get charged with manslaughter or anything like that when shit like that happens?

Okay they got their charter revoked...okay some of them might have even beenkicked outta school...but some poor family's son died because of stupidity...sure the kid could have said no, but chances are he was trying desperately to get into that Frat and those douche bags put so much pressure on pledges that they'll do ANYTHING to get in...frats/sororites really need to have the hammer dropped on them quickly, I'm not saying flat out ban them, but SOMETHING extreme needs to be done...

That's ridiculous. The kid was the one drinking. If he didn't handle it right that's his own fault. If you asked somebody to give you a ride in a blizzard, and they crashed their car on the way over and died, would you charge them with manslaughter? Of course not. Manslaughter's for when you accidentally kill someone; not for when you pressure someone to do something, and they're dumb enough to kill themselves.

Oh, and as for the keg cups, I've got a bunch of them and I use them for everything, because:

1) I'm lazy as fuck and I hate doing dishes.

2) I don't really have any large glasses. Sometimes 8 oz. just isn't enough.

putting pressure on a young kid to party hard if he wants to be in your oh so sacred fraternity is hardly comparable to getting a ride home from someone in the middle of a blizzard...you can't be serious with that comparison...have you ever been rushed by a frat before? I'm not being an asshole with that question, i'm seriously asking...the pressure is intense...

As a fraternity member, I just wanted to say to Dama that it sucks your campus got dry because a stupid fraternity was reckless.

But we're not all like that. Mine does 500 hours of community service a semester, supports charities and donates money, helps freshmen move in, participates in non-alcoholic events, and does other community events.

But we do love to throw down and drink. We throw parties. In addition to worrying about kids dying, we worry about ourselves, our families, and our futures.

Our "Risk Management" is tight. We drive all the underage kids to the house. We drive them home. (Living at the house = No driving, woohoo). We have people assigned to different sections of the house. We have people outside, watching for anyone who got out, and the cops. We have people at the doors.

Just saying, some of us run a tight ship. We constantly, IMO, have the most people, the best house, and the best parties. But it depends on how much you care about your future.

There WAS a fraternity here, a year ago, that gave me a bid. I turned it down.

The next year, I heard "OMG they're so awesome! Such hot girls there! Parties are awesome!"

And then I heard "My girlfriend was raped there. Cops there all the time." They've since been thrown off campus.

Selecting a fraternity is important. As is being smart about YOURSELF when going to their parties. Don't be a fucking idiot when you drink. I blame the KID WHO DIED FROM DRINKING just as much as the fraternity at OU who didn't take care of him. Now they all have to pay.

don't get me wrong, I'm not tossing blame out on the kid...grow some balls and say enough is enough...but there are so many kids out there trying to establish an identity amongst thousands of kids they don't know, some can't handle the pressure and are prone to stupidity such as this, and you can't help but blame the frats/sororities for a lot of this as well...

Was your RA under the age of 21? Cause otherwise, I really don't get it.

Even if he's 21, he's in direct contact with the freshmen and sophomores in his residence, so he has to adhere to completely different rules than a faculty member. An RA is considered to be an employee of the university, so couple that with the room and board and you get stringent school rules that state that the RA represents the school on OR off-campus, even if it isn't his shift.

Oh fuck! I'm so glad that my residents never snapped pictures of our parties. Fuck, if thats what you get for alkehol, I wonder what weed gets ya?

I had something like that happen at the college I went to. Of course the moron frat boys had a video camera and taped the whole thing. The alcohol supplier and a few others were charged and the tape was used against them.