TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

IWA-MS 9th Anniversary show thoughts

Quick thoughts on an amazing show:

This show reminded me of what was great about IWA. A mix of great old school, hard hitting, intense action in the ring, your blood/tables/highspots/brawling, and then your awesome character development and realistic angles. Just an amazing show, one that wasn't littered with five star matches or match of the year candidates, but one that showed that the best shows don't even need those.

First off, the angle with the Thomasellis/Ian/Etc was fucking phenomenal and the best I've seen this year. The Thomasellis come out early in the show to apologize, Patti won't accept it, so they grab John Calvin and take him to the ring to give him their finisher. Ian and Corp and Credible make the save, and Ian sets up him and Credible vs. the Saints later in the night, and Corp vs. the big man Venom.

The main event is your old school IWA all over the place brawl with plenty of blood. Everyone bleeds, and Ian takes a NASTY light tube shot as they stuff a bundle down his shirt and smash it with a chair. After that Ian and Credible are duck taped to the ropes and beaten down. Mickie comes in but eats a double stomp. Fannin comes out with Brandon and Josh and they turn heel and beat him down. A bunch of refs come down and are beaten down. The announcers hit the ring and are beaten down and busted open. Everybody is destroyed as Eddie Kingston is on commentary laughing his ass off. Finally the whole locker empties to clear the heels out. Ian sets up the big Thanksgiving Survivor Series match and cuts a heated promo on the guys who turned on him and how he's going to kill the Thomasellis. The crows is in shocked silence as the show ends.

Backstage, Corp and Ian cut one final promo with Ian wearing a crimson mask and Corp practically starts bleeding just when Ian says "look at his forehead." Ian says that people have said IWA has lost its edge, but it's coming back and he hopes the Thomasellis know what the fuck they got themselves in to. Amazing, intense, realistic stuff and I give it up to EVERYBODY who took a part in this for doing one hell of a job.

The other big story arc from the show is the Hero/Trik stuff. After Trik beats Sweeney he calls Hero out saying Chris hasn't returned his phone calls or emails. He says that at TPI what Chris did was just like kicking him in the balls and spitting in his face. He wants an explanation. Hero of course then kicks him in the balls and spits in his face, and tells Trik to "grow up, little man."

After Hero beats Marek Brave later, Trik comes out and says he's grown up a lot in the past few hours, and after he beats Hero this time, Hero can't blame it on a curse. Hero reveals that Ian was thinking about putting him in the TPI but Hero (with an evil smirk on his face) told Ian that Trik wasn't ready. Great, GREAT setup for their match on Thanksgiving night.

The other great part about the Hero turn was Ian, after getting up at the end of the show, looking around and saying "where's Hero?"

The Abercrombie/Black tables match was one hell of a clusterfuck spectacle. Black's dive off the basketball hoop was amazing. Some of the table spots were insane, especially the knee drop from the top by Josh. Crazy stuff, must see, and Black gets a well deserved win.

Nate Webb vs. Brandon Thomaselli is a good solid match.

I'll be back with more thoughts as I get to go back and watch more. Thumbs way way WAY up.

Just seen this. Totally agree, but I wasn't sure on whether Kingston should have been so happy about what's going on. I know he's a heel and he's had battles with Ian, but he's been played up as a guy who respects wrestling and knows where to draw the line (although, I may be confused with his CZW/CHIKARA and IWA personas a little). It seemed a bit odd. Especially odd that he was so happy about Ian getting his, but not joining in on the attack.

Nate coming out to a choir sung version of Teenage Dirtbag was surreal. And that Burning Hammer Corbin took in the opener was sick.

Just seen this. Totally agree, but I wasn't sure on whether Kingston should have been so happy about what's going on. I know he's a heel and he's had battles with Ian, but he's been played up as a guy who respects wrestling and knows where to draw the line (although, I may be confused with his CZW/CHIKARA and IWA personas a little). It seemed a bit odd. Especially odd that he was so happy about Ian getting his, but not joining in on the attack.

The explanation is that Kingston & Ian are having a blood feud right now in No Limits. Kingston's also replacing Mike Venom in the ten-man tag that got rescheduled for this Saturday in Hammond.

Yeah, I initially thought the Kingston stuff was a little overboard too, but I haven't seen the No Limits stuff either.

This Saturday is the big Survivor Series style match that was pushed back when the Thanksgiving shows were cancelled. Teams are now:

Ian/Corp/Nate/Necro/New Jack vs. Brandon/Vito/Sal/Josh/Kingston

With Necro in there now, it should be a hell of a lot of fun, even if New Jack sucks.

The 12/16 and 12/17 shows coming up here look great, hopefully they go down without a hitch.

Yeah, I initially thought the Kingston stuff was a little overboard too, but I haven't seen the No Limits stuff either.

This Saturday is the big Survivor Series style match that was pushed back when the Thanksgiving shows were cancelled. Teams are now:

Ian/Corp/Nate/Necro/New Jack vs. Brandon/Vito/Sal/Josh/Kingston

With Necro in there now, it should be a hell of a lot of fun, even if New Jack sucks.

The 12/16 and 12/17 shows coming up here look great, hopefully they go down without a hitch.

I'll be at 12/16 (I have a X-Mas party to be at on Saturday), and I'm psyched for it.

Edited by Phoenix Fury Legdrop