TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Paul Stanley

ESPN Radio Host makes comments on passing

Does anyone know what station he comes on in the bay area of California or the time he comes on. Someone on here said 7:30 but I just want to make sure this is correct. Also does anyone know who owns ESPN radio, like who they broadcast off of? Is it Viacom or is it clear channel?

Guest Amy Ace
Does anyone know what station he comes on in the bay area of California or the time he comes on. Someone on here said 7:30 but I just want to make sure this is correct. Also does anyone know who owns ESPN radio, like who they broadcast off of? Is it Viacom or is it clear channel?

I know Disney is the overall parent company of ESPN, not sure who ESPN radio broadcasts off of tho.

That's who we need to complain to. If anyone can, find out who they broadcast off of. If it's clear channel, they'll get on him hard for saying it. Clear Channel kicked off the dj's that were the top morning show in the bay area because one of their guests got offended by some comments they made of her. Can anyone find out?

I just heard his comments and someone seriously needs to hit this douche in the face. To say that his death isn't important and to say that Eddie is a nobody is strictly unprofessional and uncalled for. He needs to be fined, suspended, or kicked completely off the air.

I know Disney is the overall parent company of ESPN, not sure who ESPN radio broadcasts off of tho.

ESPN radio broadcasts are syndicated to different station owners in different markets.

Does anyone know if he said anything about the subject this morning?

Guest Leelee

10am-1pm eastern. I know he's not on in most areas, though. I used to get him in Buffalo.

Got this from DVD, which subsequently got it from a UK Wrestling site..

Tim Chandler sent in the following update to me concerning your phonecalls to ESPN in regards to the rude remarks ESPN radio host Colin Cowherd made earlier today about Eddie Guerrero. Tim tells me that ESPN headquarters has been getting "thousands upon thousands" of phone calls from angry wrestling fans. The calls have been coming in by the droves that ESPN can't handle them all and they've had people come in from other departments to help take them. Tim says that the switchboard operater has NEVER seen such an incredible backlash or response than the one they have had in the last hour or so from you wrestling site visitors. It looks like ESPN is going to take some serious action against Colin Cowherd due to the phone number I posted earlier today. Then subsquently, wrestling fans like you called in to voice your complaints to ESPN.

EVERYONE keep calling ESPN radio about this.

As soon as I saw my post in print, I knew it wouldn't come across as I'd intended. It was meant to show what a completely moronic comment Cowherd made when he said that no one cares, rather than comment on the state of his own life.

that kind of shit by Colin Cowherd really gives people a bad name.

He's a sports radio host. His job is to stir up shit.

That being said, it's cold to say that about anyone who dies... let alone a wrestler that Cowherd probably knows nothing about.

A gem happened on Friday's show to show you where Cowherd comes from. A 12 year old got on and made a damn good point about Stephon Marbury. Cowherd then proceeds, not to debate the kid but absoultly rip him and tell the audience that he doesn't want anymore kids calling the show. Never mentions the point the kid made, nor the fact that the kid actually sounded pretty good, just went on an anti kid calling a radio show rant

:firing: :bonk: :angry: :gas:

By the way, probably is more indicitive of the ESPN attitude towards wrestling as former ESPN SportsCenter host Craig Kilborn had, well not entirely simmilar, but equally hurtfull and distastefull considering the cirumstances that happened, comments on his Late Night show when Owen died

Basically because Owen died as "The Blue Blazer" Kilborn in his news segment mentioned that wrestler "Blue Blazer" had died by plummeting from the rafters, then a shot of Road Warrior Hawk appeared as Kilborn read "...but in good news, his tag team partner "White Turtleneck" surrived"

Bit morbid humor, and it does "mock" the strange names of wrestling characters, but not the kind to have literally days after the very real Owen Hart died

Steve

By the way, probably is more indicitive of the ESPN attitude towards wrestling as former ESPN SportsCenter host Craig Kilborn had, well not entirely simmilar, but equally hurtfull and distastefull considering the cirumstances that happened, comments on his Late Night show when Owen died

Basically because Owen died as "The Blue Blazer" Kilborn in his news segment mentioned that wrestler "Blue Blazer" had died by plummeting from the rafters, then a shot of Road Warrior Hawk appeared as Kilborn read "...but in good news, his tag team partner "White Turtleneck" surrived"

Bit morbid humor, and it does "mock" the strange names of wrestling characters, but not the kind to have literally days after the very real Owen Hart died

Yeah, that's not really as offensive as Cowherd's deal, though.

Guest Leelee
A gem happened on Friday's show to show you where Cowherd comes from.  A 12 year old got on and made a damn good point about Stephon Marbury.  Cowherd then proceeds, not to debate the kid but absoultly rip him and tell the audience that he doesn't want anymore kids calling the show.  Never mentions the point the kid made, nor the fact that the kid actually sounded pretty good, just went on an anti kid calling a radio show rant

:firing:  :bonk:  :angry:  :gas:

Sadly, that's not unique with them. It seems like new sports talk hosts try to be like Jim Rome, before he got pussified.

Guest Leelee

Rome kisses so much ass in interviews now. He still goes on his rants, but only about stupid shit.

If Bradshaw ever gets this guy...he becomes my favourite wrestler regardless of the fact that he cant wrestle and he sucks and doesnt deserve the title and politics to Undertaker, etc, etc

I hope this guy gets whatever sick sexual fantasy Bradshaw is "brewing"

dear collin

u r such a basterd!!!! more like collin COWARD if u ask me. eddy guerrero was like the dad i never had and u said that wrestling sin't a real sport WELL GUESS what it is because they go out there every night and day and risk themselfs 4 ppl like u and if your going to bash him than i hope you get fried from ESPN and replaced with woody page becuz i know he would give eddie the proper respect and i hope the hire-ups at ESPN read this and this makes them fire u and u never get a nother radio job eveer again except doing weather in north dekota. burn in hell you beig dumb baby and you can put this petition up your candy ass IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE STEVE IS COOKIN

signed,

-Setve

Guest jm29195

Over here in the UK, Radio One DJ Chris Moyles made similar stupid, disrespectful comments on Eddie's passing on his breakfast programe on Monday morning, loads from UKFF including myself have complained straight to the BBC, if you want to join in and get this fat piece of shit in trouble, here's the link: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

Moyles said, on Eddies death,

Whos gonna carry the coffin" "needs a crane to carry his coffin" "He's a wrestler" "hes been clean for 4 years now, what is he a dishwasher"

The radio station is Radio One

The radio show is the Chris Moyles Show

It is sickening that TV/Radio stations allow these morons to spout their fucking stupid ignorant rubbish in a way that can be heard on a national forum

Guest Ransome
Got this from DVD, which subsequently got it from a UK Wrestling site..

Tim Chandler sent in the following update to me concerning your phonecalls to ESPN in regards to the rude remarks ESPN radio host Colin Cowherd made earlier today about Eddie Guerrero. Tim tells me that ESPN headquarters has been getting "thousands upon thousands" of phone calls from angry wrestling fans. The calls have been coming in by the droves that ESPN can't handle them all and they've had people come in from other departments to help take them. Tim says that the switchboard operater has NEVER seen such an incredible backlash or response than the one they have had in the last hour or so from you wrestling site visitors. It looks like ESPN is going to take some serious action against Colin Cowherd due to the phone number I posted earlier today. Then subsquently, wrestling fans like you called in to voice your complaints to ESPN.

EVERYONE keep calling ESPN radio about this.

Time will tell, but I'll still wager no action will be taken. If anything, I wonder if all this complaining will only cause *more* tasteless wrestling remarks on the radio, seeing as how wrestling fans are seemingly showing them how easy it is to get a reaction out of us.

So say I call this place, what do I say?

I doubt you'd get on, and even if you did there'd be no reaction, and I doubt he said anything yesterday

A) His show (like all ESPN programing) is structured that whatever is being talked about that quarter hour, thats all that can be discussed. So if Colin is talking football, that is the subject that he will ONLY take calls on

and

B) Colin style is to let the caller make one quick statement and thats it. He may react, he may go to the next caller or break, but you are only allowed an opening sentence (often he'll cut you in mid sentence)

ESPN Radio is not a debate style radio when it comes to callers, callers are treated like something the hosts "HAVE TO DO" rather than something they "WANT TO DO"

Steve