TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Raw Rating...

The first time I noticed the correlation between roids and push was Hunter back in 1999.  I wasn't even on the internet back then, but I still noticed that Hunter was getting bigger and then got a push.

Hunter started bulking up a little in late 1997, and he was bigger in 1998, but he looked huge in 1999.

The first time I noticed the correlation between roids and push was Hunter back in 1999.  I wasn't even on the internet back then, but I still noticed that Hunter was getting bigger and then got a push.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with what you say for the most part. I also think Vince doesn't ease the situation, but in THIS particular case Eddie Guerrero had many demons he dealt with, and many ways to poison his body. As i stated earlier, he even got fired from Vince for it.

If you don't think Eddie was roided to hell while he was in WCW you need to go watch some of his matches in 97-98. the guy became HUGE out of nowhere. I'm not saying Vince doesn't play a part of it. I'm saying in this case it was evident he was killing himself before he ever stepped in a WWE(F) ring.

...but in THIS particular case Eddie Guerrero had many demons he dealt with, and many ways to poison his body.  As i stated earlier, he even got fired from Vince for it.

Would Eddie have been fired if he it hadn't got press? Road Dogg had a pot problem for a while, long enough for them to send him to rehab repeatedly, but they never fired him over it until he wrestled in a match that was going to be taped for television. Tully Blanchard has openly admitted to taking coke while in the WWF, but Vince never suspended him over it until Tully just happened to agree to leave and go back to the NWA. Vince might care to some degree, but it's strange that the guys almost never get fired unless it gets press or are going to the other side.

...but in THIS particular case Eddie Guerrero had many demons he dealt with, and many ways to poison his body.  As i stated earlier, he even got fired from Vince for it.

Would Eddie have been fired if he it hadn't got press? Road Dogg had a pot problem for a while, long enough for them to send him to rehab repeatedly, but they never fired him over it until he wrestled in a match that was going to be taped for television. Tully Blanchard has openly admitted to taking coke while in the WWF, but Vince never suspended him over it until Tully just happened to agree to leave and go back to the NWA. Vince might care to some degree, but it's strange that the guys almost never get fired unless it gets press or are going to the other side.

You make a good point, but on the other hand he DID send several guys to rehab to work out their stuff. It's in their hands to have the willpower to overcome those things.

Guest *KNK*

The only exception I can recall is William Regal and Jeff Hardy. Who went into rehab many times over and I don't recall actual press or ship jumping rumors for those 2.

It's in their hands to have the willpower to overcome those things.

It's also in Vince's hands to stop putting so much pressure on the guys so that they don't have to be in that position. It's a team deal. Both sides have to be willing and able to do what needs to be done. It just looks like one side is a lot less likely to do that.

Eddie was roided up back in 1993 when he wrestled in New Japan along with Benoit. I'm not saying Vince started his problem or is the primary factor for getting Eddie fucked up. I dunno if I ever said he was directly responsible for Eddies death, even. I have said that in general the guy should take a large responsibility when things like this (steroid and drug related deaths) happen.

Did Guerrero use steroids to get bigger because he knew small guys would not make it in the big American promotions, which is the message mainly the WWE has spread? Maybe. Who knows? Maybe he was insecure about his body. Maybe he did it to look good. There could be plenty of reasons why Eddie himself took steroids. I think the more important question is did Guerrero stay on the road even when he knew he should have taken a break in fear of his spot being taken? Are WWE wrestlers encouraged to take time off by head office and reassured that there will be a place for them when they come back? I don't think so. When they fire Test when he's recovering from surgery and fire Dawn Marie when she gets pregnant, the message they send to their employees is "don't stop". Who knows what could have happened if Eddie took a break, or saw a doctor.