TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

OK well the press conference has started. A band of teenagers played some Halo music to start.

And now Peter Moore is on stage.

Mass Effect trailer now.

Microsoft is real big on this "gaming as cinema" thing, aren't they? Everything gets the movie-style trailer treatment.

man i am torn i want a 360 big time, but i looked so hard to get a Wii, shit what do i do

So it looks like I won't be getting my 360 back until the beginning of Aug. I'm dissapointed.

Damn that Microsoft conference was awful. Almost Sony 2006 bad. Nothing new really. Halo 3 still looks like Halo 2.5. Assassin's Creed looked very glitchy. Nothing new on GTA4. Resident Evil 5 was the only highlight.

And don't forget about Disney movies on X-Box Live! OMG that is the biggest thing to happen to video games since the SEGA CD! And also: Scene It! is exclusive! That will win the race for Microsoft in a big way!

I also feel bad for anybody that paid full price for Gears of War, as 360 owners just got burned big time as the PC will be getting the much superior version.

EDIT:

ilmhalo3console.jpg

Isn't that the ugliest thing you ever saw?

The Halo Xbox was just the icing on the cake of a lame conference.

I don't know where Assassin's Creed looked glitchy outside of possibly the floating body. I say possibly, because I thought I saw a pole sticking out from the roof (like the one the character started on), and that's what the body was sitting on. Otherwise it looked pretty neat.

Lost Odyssey certainly looks impressive, but not enough was shown to determine what kind of RPG it's going to be. If it has dime-a-dozen gameplay, I'm not overly interested.

All in all, pretty mundane. That's not to say that there isn't some hot stuff coming out soon, but there was nothing new there.

man i am torn i want a 360 big time, but i looked so hard to get a Wii, shit what do i do

360 now, Wii later...

i actually have a Wii, i just wish i had a 360 as well, but honestly i dont play my Wii as it is, so it would be a waste to get a 360 unless i were to log long hours into it, i'm probably gonna make a better judgement after the Nintendo conference and the whole E3 show is over

ilmhalo3console.jpg

Isn't that the ugliest thing you ever saw?

"Clinically proven to make you more bald, scowly, and prone to shoot things with an oversized firearm."

So MS announced no major new 1st party games except a Viva Pinata mini-game compilation?

Meh. I guess E3 truly doesn't matter anymore. But since we basically know all of MS/Nintendo/Sony's major releases up until the end of the year, I suspect the other conferences will be this uneventful as well.

A bit disappointing after being swept away by all the nerdy internet rumors of how the Microsoft show would have motion sensor controller, MGS4 and Bill Gates pissing on a Playstation.

I am playing Crackdown. Can people tell me, is there a simpler way to up my driving ranking because that is the most boring, annoying thing to do.

I should get purple points for throwing cars at people. The criminals are all too smart to just stand there and get hit, and the cars blow up so quickly that its hard to turn around.

Ram baddies' cars, then back up, wait for them to get up and attack you, and run over 'em. Lots of folks have said to keep it up until hit squads come after you, then run over them. I'd imagine that would be really hard to do, though.

It's nigh impossible to do even that without killing innocents, which is annoying since they slow your leveling up.

Ram baddies' cars, then back up, wait for them to get up and attack you, and run over 'em. Lots of folks have said to keep it up until hit squads come after you, then run over them. I'd imagine that would be really hard to do, though.

It's nigh impossible to do even that without killing innocents, which is annoying since they slow your leveling up.

Which is why racing sucks for me because I kill like 50 people while on the race and then don't even beat the time.

Maybe I should have started earlier. I am on the final gang and maxed out everything else first, now I am trying to get the driving stat up.

I went across the bridge to the last gang, ran over as many of the baddies as I could, rammed their cars, went like a bat out of hell up and down that road ramming gang cars, waiting for them to come out, trying to run them over, stealing their cars, etc. but if I was about to be killed I'd jump into the water, come back up when it was safe, rinse and repeat. However, it wasn't exactly quick getting it maxed out, still. Just much faster than normal progression.

Uhg, I wish I wasn't a photographer. I've spent about 3 Grand on photo equipment. If I wasn't, I would buy a 360 in a heartbeat. Bioshock looks AMAZING, Guitar Hero (although it's coming out for the wii), Halo 3, Killzone, what have you.

Uhg, I wish I wasn't a photographer. I've spent about 3 Grand on photo equipment. If I wasn't, I would buy a 360 in a heartbeat. Bioshock looks AMAZING, Guitar Hero (although it's coming out for the wii), Halo 3, Killzone, what have you.

Killzone is only coming out for the PS3. Unless I missed something.

Are you looking to sell any of your old stuff. I have been chugging along with my C2500L for all these years and got a fucking scratch on the fucking lens the other day so now I am looking to "upgrade"

By upgrade I mean older digital SLR's that noone wants anymore, along the same vein as the 2500L.

I think Sony is funding the game, right? Kinda like how Halo will can't be multiplatform. Or Mario.