TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Wizard spill the beans on DC One Year Later

Hex will propably do alright, since it's the only western theme comic. It has a bit of buzz because the character hasn't been used in a while.

Doen't DC also do the series Loveless or something with Azzarello writing it?

Covers for Upcoming titles

Justice League of America Promotional Image by Ed Benes

JLA01_CVR-Var.jpg

Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #1 by Ken Lashley

flash1.jpg

Wonder Woman #1 by Terry Dodson

wonderwoman1.jpg

Batman #655 by Andy Kubert

batman655.jpg

Uncle Sam and TheFreedom Fighters #1 by Daniel Acuna

unclesam.jpg

Green Lantern Corps #1

GLCORCv1.jpg

Many comic book covers rock the house anymore. I have Universe #1 and Marvel Knights: Wolverine/Hulk #1 framed. (mainly because I had two extra frames around, but i'm thinking about framing 52 #1 after it comes out and I read through it).

Sweet covers. I remember reading in the article that Meltzer isn't a huge fan of the Martian Manhunter. Still he should gave been on the cover at least.

Any word as to who is writing the Martian Manhunter mini-series? I wish it would be Azzarrelo (sp?).

Sweet covers. I remember reading in the article that Meltzer isn't a huge fan of the Martian Manhunter. Still he should gave been on the cover at least.

Any word as to who is writing the Martian Manhunter mini-series? I wish it would be Azzarrelo (sp?).

Think it was somewhere on Newsarama that I read 9 members of the new JLA are on the splash page, while 1 isn't. So Manhunter could still be in there, I hope he is, I like J'onn

Based on what Adam Kubert had to say about the new writing team for Action Comics, many believe that GEOFF JOHNS and RICHARD DONNER will be the writers for the book.

:huh:

So coming up this year we have:

Superman: Busiek/Pacheco

Action Comics: Possibly Johns & Richard Donner/Kubert

Detective Comics: Morrison/the other Kubert

Batman: Dini/Morales

All-Star Superman: Morrison/Quietly

All-Star Batman: Miller/Lee

Those are some AMAZING creative teams for DC's flagship characters (yeah I know ASB&R is....disapointing...).

Problem though, Pacheco and the Kuberts are notoriously slow and have trouble keeping to deadlines, and the 2 All-Star titles have been delay magnets so far. DC claims that the Pacheco/Kuberts are getting lots of lead-in time however.

Oh and from Newsarama pertaining to that JLA image:

Upcoming Justice League of America writer Brad Meltzer joined the stage full of guests, and, pointing to the now familiar double-sized promo image of dozens of heroes, said, "This is not the team" when asked by DC’s VP – Sales Bob Wayne what he could say about the new Justice League title.

Praising artist Ed Benes, Meltzer said, "This is going to be the League that I hope you all love, and hope you want to see again, and it is going to be new," Meltzer said.

Meltzer said he's ready for the debate about which members should be on the team, adding that he hopes everyone will feel that this is what the League should be, and who should be on it. The writer added that it will not alter or tweak continuity.

He went on that he “hated the league when there were lower members that didn’t belong.” He praised Geoff Johns’ use of the JSA’s history and hopes to embrace the JLA’s history in a similar fashion, while still finding something new.

Meltzer final tease was, again referring to the image, that viewers can pick ten members who will be on it, adding that there is one character who will be on the team that is not in the collection of heroes, "So you can all go through your Who's Who and figure out who's missing."

That BETTER be J'onn.

Hex will propably do alright, since it's the only western theme comic. It has a bit of buzz because the character hasn't been used in a while.

Doen't DC also do the series Loveless or something with Azzarello writing it?

True. But Hex has a built in fan base.

So, who are your nine picks from the above image?

I'm going with Bats, Superman, Wonderwoman, Powergirl, Cyborg, Booster, Captain Atom, and i'll have to think about the rest

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, Hal Jordan, Flash, Hawkman, Firestorm, and Black Canary.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Zatanna, Nightwing, Martian Manhunter, and Hal Jordan.

I would prefer Stewart over Jordan but there is a snowballs chance in hell of that.

I've never liked John Stewart. In the comics, he never seemed nearly as interesting as Jordan, Gardner, or Rayner. He's okay on JLU, though.

I'm buying the first OYL issue of every series, so here is a review or comment about the first five

Detective Comics #81- Freaking Awesome!! Felt like a true first issue. Here is what you need to know.

Batman and Robin are back after being gone a year. Harvey Dent has been playing vigilante and kills KGBeast in this issue, His Two-Face personality begins to take over and he tells him that Harvey's work is over . Ivy is back and more powerful than before. Then the coolest thing is that the book did a great job of teasing "52" stoylines. "Nine months ago the corruption in the GCPD is exposed, six months ago Bullock makes some discoveries that get him back in the force, three months ago Jim Gordon becomes commisioner of Gotham again. We also learn that something "terrible" happens to Robin during IC or during the missing year.

Aquaman #40 - Intriguing start

A young man by the name of Arthur Curry falls into the ocean and is guided through by someone known as the "Dweller in the Depths". Curry is told to rescue King Shark and after that they meet up with the Dweller. The Dweller (Who's face looks like a squid) thinks that Curry is Aquaman, but he is not. The Dweller confused then says that he must have seen the future of Curry and tells him about everything that will happen to him, he tells Curry that he and King Shark will be there to aid him fulfill his hero's journey. However the big reveal is that the Dweller is actually Aquaman(he has the water hand) but he doesn't realize that his prophecies are actually his memories.

Outsiders#34-

The team consists of Nightwing, Grace, Metamorpho, Thunder, Katana and Captain Boomerang Jr.. The big thing here is that they are working undercover now and that to the world they are all dead.

JSA #83

Nothing major here just that the team had not had an official meeting in months and that the death of Jade has really affected Alan Scott.

Blood of the Demon #13- If someone cares I'll tell you about it.