TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

The Devile's Rejects

I think Rob's next film (although he may just be writing / producing instead of directing) is an animated feature named "Superbeasto", which is based upon a comic book he wrote. It's somewhat lucha inspired too, for those who are into that sort of thing.

I saw this movie a few weeksago and it was pretty good. I loved the ending being set to Freebird... it was perfect.

So, I was wondering, after reading through the posts here- Is House of 1,000 Corpses about the same characters,? If so, I will rent it.

So, I was wondering, after reading through the posts here- Is House of 1,000 Corpses about the same characters,?  If so, I will rent it.

Ho1kC has the same 'heroes', Matt ... Capt Spalding, Otis, Baby, Mother Firefly & Tiny were all in the first one. This one was pretty much a quasi-related sequel to the original (I say quasi- because it really is a stand-alone flick with a bunch of the same characters.)

Rent Ho1kC, but don't expect a similar movie-watching experience.

Yeah, it's not that good, but you'll get to see Dr. Satan. I love that dude. My only regret regarding DR was that he wasn't in it. I get why he wasn't, though.

Any chance that he'll be in a DVD re-cut, Milky? I know that Zombie's on record as saying that he cut him out because it just wouldn't have made sense to include him in it ... but why not show those scenes as an extra in the DVD?

Also, am I the only one that's surprised that the two movies haven't been released as a dual-disc boxset in time for the holidays?

He is in a dvd extra, nisk. He rips Rosario Dawson's fucking throat out... blood spills like the elevator in the Shining, it's awesome. It really doesnt make much sense in the context of the movie, but it's a fucking awesome scene.

It's been a couple years since I've seen Ho1kC, so what was the explanation for Dr. Satan again? Who was he? WHAT was he? It seemed quasi-supernatural, which really didn't mesh that well with the Fireflys, who were just straight up serial killers.

Dr. Satan was a doctor at a nearby mental institution known for his sick, inhumane experiments on the patients there. After people discovered what he was doing, a lynch mob hung him up by the tree that the Firefly clan had their Halloween party at towards the end of Ho1kC. But something mysterious happened: he just flat-out disappeared. There was a gravestone under the tree with his name on it, but nobody ever claimed to be the one to bury him.

IMO, the early patriarch of the Firefly clan (Grandpa, the old loon in the wheelchair in Ho1kC that Otis threatens to kill if he changes the TV station) cut him down, nursed him back to health, and showed him the underground mines so he could continue his experiments.