TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hoff

WHO IS THAT BITCH ON THE VGA COMMERCIAL?!?

Hail Rydia. The greatest RPG girl in history.

Aeris was better. Terra was the worst. All she said was "I don't...know..." or "I just want to be loved." Weak character. And who even bothered turning her into Neon Troll Doll? The improvement was negligible.

Terra is woefully bad. I'm playing III/VI right now and she's beyond retarded. Here's the thing: if they had gone with a Terra/Locke relationship as opposed to Celes/Locke, all of Terra's "love me" crap would have so worked. Celes/Cyan would have been a better story, as well. Let Cyan's biases be eroded as the two get to know each other.

Here's one: who's the central character in III -- Terra, or Locke?

I heard the code to magically revive Aeris in FFVII was Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-Select-Start

Terra is woefully bad. I'm playing III/VI right now and she's beyond retarded. Here's the thing: if they had gone with a Terra/Locke relationship as opposed to Celes/Locke, all of Terra's "love me" crap would have so worked. Celes/Cyan would have been a better story, as well. Let Cyan's biases be eroded as the two get to know each other.

Gogo

I'd have to go with Terra...but eventually you get to a point in the game where there really is no central character and you can field whatever team you wish...

who's the central character in III -- Terra, or Locke?

It always seemed like Celes to me. She got the big opera number, and she's your initial character after the "end of the world"

No I get that, but the World of Ruin is ass anyway. SETZER has the most intriguing storyline. I've always thought it was Locke, and his struggle to make something of himself, to be more than a treasure hunter...but common wisdom seems to be Terra. I dunno.

Gogo

Fuck that noise. Umaro all the way, baby.

Edited by bigolsmitty

who's the central character in III -- Terra, or Locke?

It always seemed like Celes to me. She got the big opera number, and she's your initial character after the "end of the world"

That's an interesting take. Celes does play an awfully pivotal role on the Floating Continent, as well.

The Locke Experience is lost for me, and fellow cheaters, because when he's out of the party for the Lete River Loop Trick, Terra/Edgar/Sabin ( and Banon!) get their levels jacked way up while Locke gets no experience points at all. When you pick up Celes, Shadow, Cyan, and Gau in the next segments, their levels will be adjusted to be closer to Edgar and Sabin, so you can potential have Celes's HP in the 1400s while Locke is at like 250. He's utterly useless at this point, and the game makes you use him for critical segments in the WoB thereafter. GARGH.

I'm just basing that off of the first portion of the game being based solely on her...I mean, there are several occassions where storylines have absolutely nothing to do with her...the Phantom Train portion, Cyan's Nightmare Castle, the little painter girl's deal in the art museum, the Opera House deal, the two king brothers deal etc. unlike characters like Squall, Cloud and Tidus.

The Locke Experience is lost for me, and fellow cheaters, because when he's out of the party for the Lete River Loop Trick, Terra/Edgar/Sabin ( and Banon!) get their levels jacked way up while Locke gets no experience points at all. When you pick up Celes, Shadow, Cyan, and Gau in the next segments, their levels will be adjusted to be closer to Edgar and Sabin, so you can potential have Celes's HP in the 1400s while Locke is at like 250. He's utterly useless at this point, and the game makes you use him for critical segments in the WoB thereafter. GARGH.

Then don't level up to hell in the split storylines. The only leveling I do is to get Sabin the Fire Dance, and then it's back to Narshe. Locke is usually only a level or two behind at that point, and he'll make that back between Kohlingen and the Opera House. Zozo is great for leveling up.

Oh yeah, Cyan was a soul patch away from looking from like certain favorite musician of Czech and myself

Now that would have been a tribute

I can't believe everyone is so down on Locke. You can get some great stuff with him. Nothing beats having like 8 Bio Blasters when you come out of the Magitek Facility, but you can also get a bunch of cool swords, as well as helpful shit like Tinctures and Potions.

More on Locke...he's not a bad fighter, either. Not Sabin or anything, but, if you stick a Genji Glove on him, you can give him the Thief Knife and the Asassin and let him go to town. Big damage with the possibility of theft and instant death.

I'm really not understanding this conversation right now.

So let's see....should I read the Hardcore Discussion about Final Fantasy or the Hardcore Discussion about The Price is Right? Decisions, decisions.

Then don't level up to hell in the split storylines. The only leveling I do is to get Sabin the Fire Dance, and then it's back to Narshe. Locke is usually only a level or two behind at that point, and he'll make that back between Kohlingen and the Opera House. Zozo is great for leveling up.

But I rather like having Sabin be unstoppable! If you have a Turbo controller for SNES, or an emulator with frame acceleration, you gotta level up. I'm playing a retranslated version on the emulator, and I let Sabin fight some battles solo and he's at like 3800 HP with every spell. Killin' machine.

I think this debate is what makes FFVI one of the greatest games ever. The lead character is different to all of us. I stand by Umaro.

Edited by bigolsmitty

In most RPGs I played, the thieving option was much like those status spells (ex: Sleep, Poison, etc.): They become practically useless after level 10 or so.

"Could not steal"

"Could not steal"

"Could not steal"

"Could not steal"

Fuck this... *swaps out Locke*