TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Silent Hill teaser trailer

That was pretty sweet.

FROM IMDB

Rose cannot accept the knowledge that her daughter Sharon is dying of a fatal disease. Over the protests of her husband, she flees with her child, intending to take the girl to a faith healer. On the way, she ends up driving through a portal in reality, which takes her to the eerie and deserted town of Silent Hill. Sharon disappears in Silent Hill, and Rose follows what she thinks is her daughter's silhouette all over town. It's soon clear the town is not like any place she's ever been. It's inhabited by a variety of creatures and a living darkness that descends and literally transforms everything it touches. The human inhabitants - the ones who are left - are trapped and fighting a losing battle against the Darkness. Joined by a cop named Cybil, who has been sent to bring her and Sharon back, Rose searches for her little girl while learning the history of Silent Hill and that Sharon is just a pawn in a larger game. To save her daughter, Rose makes a deal with a demon in the form of a little girl.....

So it's the first game with Harry replaced by Rose, pretty much. Works for me.

SH2 had the best storyline, though.

Am I missing something? The movie I see is just a slow pan up a set of dark stairs with a voice-over, and it's very short. And there's no creepy girl.

Edited by Special K

Guest T®ITEC

The first game was really something, and prob. the scariest one. The second had the best story, and the third one was just fun, very good all around. Ah, or so I think, heh. I'd say you should try out SH2, definitely.

1 was the scariest, and overall, I'd say the best.

2 had the best story and some very cool puzzles and riddles, but the combat and pacing left something to be desired.

3 had the weakest story (which was still good, just doesn't compare to the others) and was awfully short, but much more fun than SH2.

Definitely check out 2 for the story. If you're willing to put up with PS1 graphics and awful voice-acting, pick up 1. And if you like 1, then go for 3 (it's a direct followup to 1).

Edited by chirs3