TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewisyourHero

Chapelle's Show Season Three

They already had a finite number of skits & sketches shot before Dave visited S.Africa ... from what I've heard, they're going to show those as a partial season. So, it won't be as long or as in depth as Seasons 1 or 2, but it'll be better than nothing.

I've also heard that they hadn't filmed his intros, with him on stage talking to the studio audience ... no idea if they're going to film those or not.

Oh, geez, you're right, Mole. Why should I even bother suffering through the skits without the lame intro's by Dave?!?

It'd have been better if the show didn't come back at all.

Without Dave's introductions, then this season will suck.

it won't suck, but it certainly won't be as much fun. but what do white boys know about black comedy? like, seriously..

From some of the skits, you can see why Chappelle hated it. Aside from the Howard Dean and Cribs skits, the rest is just terrible attempts at branching out the characters. I mean, you think it was his idea to get Susan fucking Sarandon in on a Lil' Jon joke?

I guess the college fratboy would love that.

Without Dave's introductions, then this season will suck.

Word is that CC has given Chappelle a deadline to get his shit together regarding salvaging the third season and that if he doesn't, CC will repackage the four season three episodes as "The Final Episodes" and throw money at major black stand-up comics (Martin Lawrence and Chris Rock have been namechecked) to come onboard and introduce the sketches and talk about the cultural impact that the show had.....

They already had a finite number of skits & sketches shot before Dave visited S.Africa ... from what I've heard, they're going to show those as a partial season.

That has to be why "Puffy" is wearing a Vote Or Die shirt. Because when they were originally filimg season three, it was popular.

Guest Brian
Have you guys seen this site?

http://www.chappelletheory.com/index.html

It's supposedly a true account of what really happened that got the show cancelled.

On Tuesday, while watching an episode of the Oprah Winfrey show, Chappelle recalled being completely stunned when Winfrey turned to the camera in the middle of interviewing Tom Cruise and said "Dave Chappelle, you should be ashamed of yourself for airing that Niggars sketch on your show this week, I'm going to make sure you never work in Hollywood again."

Guest BrokenWings

I just read through the whole Chappelle Theory website and came to see if anyone here was talking about it.

I don't believe it, at least not all of it, particularly a similar figure to Al Sharpton standing next to his children's bed - Al Sharpton would hire assassins, bitch -- but it was a fun waste of a half hour or so on a Sunday night.

There must have definitely been something going on for Dave to piss away a fifty million dollar contract, though. It'd definitely be interesting to hear the full, true story.

Guest Brian

It's probably as simple as creative differences.

Edited by Brian

Guest BrokenWings

For fifty million dollars, I'm pretty sure I'd just comply with whatever they wanted to do. That's just me, though.

On Tuesday, while watching an episode of the Oprah Winfrey show, Chappelle recalled being completely stunned when Winfrey turned to the camera in the middle of interviewing Tom Cruise and said "Dave Chappelle, you should be ashamed of yourself for airing that Niggars sketch on your show this week, I'm going to make sure you never work in Hollywood again."

The image, allegedly taped by Winfrey, and transmitted to Chappelle's house under the direction of Robert L. Johnson who called in some favors with Chappelle's local affiliate station manager, terrified Chappelle.

:lol: Thats not even possible.

The image, allegedly taped by Winfrey, and transmitted to Chappelle's house under the direction of Robert L. Johnson who called in some favors with Chappelle's local affiliate station manager, terrified Chappelle.

:lol: Thats not even possible.

Well it happened in The Game.