TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Iggy's college basketball rankings for 12/18/05

Kind of a slow week, but here are my new rankings anyway.

(previous week's ranking in parenthesis)

1. Duke 10-0 (1)

2. Connecticut 8-0 (2)

3. Villanova 7-0 (3)

4. Florida 10-0 (4)

5. Illinois 11-0 (5)

6. Memphis 8-1 (6)

7. Washington 9-0 (8)

8. UCLA 8-1 (11)

9. Oklahoma 6-1 (9)

10. Gonzaga 7-2 (10)

11. George Washington 8-0 (13)

12. Michigan State 9-2 (14)

13. Tennessee 6-0 (NR)

14. North Carolina 6-1 (17)

15. Ohio State 7-0 (22)

16. Maryland 7-2 (18)

17. Nevada 7-1 (19)

18. Boston College 7-2 (20)

19. Indiana 5-2 (21)

20. Louisville 6-1 (7)

21. Texas 8-2 (12)

22. Indiana State 6-0 (23)

23. Bucknell 6-1 (25)

24. Michigan 7-1 (15)

25. Iona 7-0 (NR)

I actually wrote down Kentucky for the 25 spot initially, but I felt guilty and changed it. I can't justify putting a solid undefeated behind a team that to lost to Indiana at home by 26. Also, had Louisville higher initially, but couldn't justify putting them ahead of Indiana when they haven't even beaten anyone.

My stepfather was right about UConn this year... not that I thought they wouldn't do well, but to be ranked #2 this early is outstanding. I just wonder when that bump in the road is going to arrive, where they lose one or two games in the next few. Hopefully it doesn;t happen.

Guest Leelee

UConn won't lose for a while. They're into their usual "beat up on little Northeast schools" Christmas section. And they don't play Villanova until very late in the season. That's the game I want to see.

Michigan still is not a top twenty five team. They totally collapsed not once but twice against UCLA and they will get handled in Big Ten play if they lose composure like that on the road against an MSU, Illinois, or even Ohio State

Guest Leelee

The one glaring omission here to me, and the real polls, is Wisconsin. They have good wins over ODU and Marquette. They looked impressive in their tight loss at Wake. I'd have them ahead of Michigan.

UConn won't lose for a while. They're into their usual "beat up on little Northeast schools" Christmas section. And they don't play Villanova until very late in the season. That's the game I want to see.

Yeah, UConn always does that. It surely builds their confidence when playing those schools.