TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failed Bridge

NFL Week XVI

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I guess when you're the Patriots and you shut out a team that was tied for the NFC South lead going into last week that team automatically becomes a jobber.

Of course the Bucs are jobbers. If people gave the Bucs credit, they'd be giving New England credit as well ... and we know that can't happen. Thus, the Bucs suck and the Pats are overrated and horrible and blah blah blah.

I think it's more a case of the Bucs playing over their heads through most of the season, and a good (not great) Pats team exploiting the Tampa Bay rookies.

Oh no, I wasn't insinuating that Miami could go to the playoffs, I just meant they could finish above .500. Hypothetically who gets in the playoffs if Jacksonville and San Diego both finish 11-5?

I was thinking last night....even if the Pats win that 1st round would they necessarily play the Colts? I'd think if Pittsburgh (or whoever that 6th seed is) beat the Bengals (I'm assuming #3 seed) then the Steelers play the Colts, right? And the Pats play the Broncos?

Basically we'll likely end up with two ultra stale playoff scenarios: Colts vs. Pats, then Colts vs. Broncos. I'm almost hoping for Colts vs. Jags, then Colts/Bengals. It'd be different at least.

I don't think a Colts/Pats matchup would be stale, as this looks to be the first time the Colts have a legit shot at winning. Although, I can understand if you don't care about either team how it would be boring. I think Colts/Broncos is the worst case scenario, but even with lower seeds, I think either Pittsburgh or NE will make it to the championship game.

I'd actually like to see PIT/Indy 2, with Ben at 100%. I think it would be a lot closer the second go around.

Yeah, I saw that on ESPN.com too, and was thinking WTF. But really first things first, San Diego still has KC and Denver.

Yeah. They get a team this Saturday that has won 17 at Arrowhead in December then the division leader. Feel the elimination!

Guest Vitamin X

Mike Tice is a fucking hypocrite.

There was definitely a little bit of irony in hearing Mike Tice criticize Minnesota Vikings fans who he believed may have scalped their tickets to last week's loss against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tice's nose was out of joint over what he estimated were 15,000 to 20,000 Steelers fans who showed up in the Metrodome.

"It confuses me, I guess," said Tice referring to Vikings fans. "Maybe they're not really diehard season-ticket holders or maybe they needed the money for Christmas presents. I don't know. One of the two."

Tice should be more concerned with winning the game than with whose fans are sitting in the stands. If the Vikings had played well, all those Steeler fans would have been sitting on their hands.

Anybody going to games tomorrow? I'll be down at PBS. It should be a great atmosphere since they'll be introduced as AFC North Champions, but I think it'll be an ugly game, kind of like the Browns game two weeks ago.

Will Allen misses another easy INT which falls into the hands of Santana Moss for a TD. Thank the lord hes gone after this year.

You do realize that he'll be a star wherever he ends up, right?

Why is that? He sucks.

edit: ELI, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?

The kid is getting worse, it makes no sense.

Edited by mike546

What exactly was his celebration? I have KC/SD.

After he scored the TD, he went to the sidelines looking for his prop but couldn't find it and was running around looking for it. Meanwhile the officials were telling him his time was up, so CJ got off the field and a couple minutes later ran up to the fans and had a giant "santa bag" and threw out autographed items like shirts, shoes and footballs to the fans.

What exactly was his celebration? I have KC/SD.

After he scored the TD, he went to the sidelines looking for his prop but couldn't find it and was running around looking for it. Meanwhile the officials were telling him his time was up, so CJ got off the field and a couple minutes later ran up to the fans and had a giant "santa bag" and threw out autographed items like shirts, shoes and footballs to the fans.

So no reindeer? Damn PETA for spoiling all the fun.

Guest Smues

The snow effect last week was lame, but just having the score bar lower and nothing at the top is equally lame. Why the fuck can't they just put the score bar back at the very top where it belongs? And that sleigh bell sound effect is annoying too, thanks FOX. Oh, go Redskins.

And Portis run right by Will Allen for a 19 yard TD run.

FUCK YOU.

EDIT: the Giants big weaknesss is being exposed. If they don't get pressure on the QB, (only one sack and it was from a LB) their secondary is going to get killed.

Edited by mike546

Will Allen might wanna just keep running on the next play on defense right out of the stadium. Not his day at all. And Steve Smith done got ejected in Carolina.