TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jm29195

Roddy Piper

Guest jm29195

Apart from the obvious WM8 match against Hart, what are the other decent matches that Piper has had in the WWF? In particular I'd be interested in knowing about any that have been released on the old Colliseum Videos!

Rick Rude vs. Roddy Piper (12/28/89)

This was the only good Piper match on the DVDVR WWF 1980's set. Unless there were any "hidden Piper gems" missing from the set, that's about it for his good WWF stuff from the 80's.

Rick Rude vs. Roddy Piper (12/28/89)

This was the only good Piper match on the DVDVR WWF 1980's set. Unless there were any "hidden Piper gems" missing from the set, that's about it for his good WWF stuff from the 80's.

And that's only if you don't mind staring at Rude's bare ass for 10 minutes.

Most of Piper's matches ended in screwjobs so the odds of having a classic are far less.

FYI --- The Piper/Rude cage match is on SuperTape II and a couple other 1hr CVs full of recycled matches.

Edited by MillenniumMan831

Guest GoJoe

Were any of his matches with Flair in 92 released on tape? I've never seen one but I can imagine it being pretty good.

Guest jm29195

I have just watched Battle of the Superstars 92 with Flair/Sid vs Hogan/Piper and that was a very good match- only let down by Sid's absolutely shocking chairshots (he did do a kip up though)... and the Piper/Flair bits were great- shame there doesn't seem to be much more of Pipers good work on video- I will track down that cage match though...

Piper Vs. Hogan - The War To Settle The Score!

His entire run with Hogan (and Mr T) was really entertaining...no 'classic' matches to speak of, but Id recommend finding videos of as much of it as possible.

And, his feud with Snuka.

Don't know if it's a CLASSIC, per-say...

But on WWE 24/7 Online there's a tag match...Piper teaming with Hogan to face Race and Orndorff.

With the classic Hogan and Piper having a staredown before each tag.

What match was it where he painted half his body black and was doing disco dancing as he got the shit kicked out of him? Bad News Brown? I loved that match.

WM6.

Don't know if it's a CLASSIC, per-say...

But on WWE 24/7 Online there's a tag match...Piper teaming with Hogan to face Race and Orndorff.

With the classic Hogan and Piper having a staredown before each tag.

That's a worthwhile match to watch just to hear the crowd heat alone. It's unbelievable. Everytime Piper or Hogan get any sort of offensive move, the crowd goes ballistic. No exaggeration.

would his WM3 match with adrian adonis be acceptable?

Maybe not for technical quality, but for crowd heat yes. Look at 'em when Roddy gets the sleeper on Adrien. They're jumping out of their seats and throwing crap into the air.

I've only seen the Flair/Piper 9/91 match from the Gardens. Beyond disappointing. Flair takes one good bump for Piper's knee lift but I can't think of anything else worth going out of where to see.

If you're referring to the 10/91 MSG match ... the match is OK, the crowd heat is off the charts.

I have just watched Battle of the Superstars 92 with Flair/Sid vs Hogan/Piper and that was a very good match- only let down by Sid's absolutely shocking chairshots (he did do a kip up though)... and the Piper/Flair bits were great- shame there doesn't seem to be much more of Pipers good work on video- I will track down that cage match though...

If that's the same match I think it is then I might have to re-watch it because I didn't find anything special with it, other than the significance of the participants teaming up. Sid gives the wussiest chairshots I've ever seen.

I think I remember that tag match. Weird seeing Hogan and Piper team up.

Piper vs Bad News Brown at WM6 was a pretty awful match, from what I remember. I don't know what drugs Piper was on, painting his body half black.

If that's the same match I think it is then I might have to re-watch it because I didn't find anything special with it, other than the significance of the participants teaming up. Sid gives the wussiest chairshots I've ever seen.

Even Mooney knew it was a loosy-goosy chairshot . . .

"Sid places the chair securely on the back of Hogan."

I think I remember that tag match. Weird seeing Hogan and Piper team up.

Piper vs Bad News Brown at WM6 was a pretty awful match, from what I remember. I don't know what drugs Piper was on, painting his body half black.

Probably coke.

Guest jm29195
QUOTE(jm29195 @ Dec 23 2005, 08:17 PM)

You can't really judge that match against todays stuff and it wasn't a great match by any means but everyone hit their stuff right, the crowd was well into it and I liked the novelty of having those 4 in the same ring....nothing special exactly but I got a kick from it.... mind you I wouldn't have liked to see the hypothetical rematch that they could have done in WCW circa Spring 99!!