TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

I'm doing a 2005 Year in Review

So yeah, I've enjoyed 2005 way too much not to glorify it in an immensely melo-dramatic fashion. I don't have a place to put it yet, obviously it will be posted here, but I'll shop it around to different websites as well, since I haven't really seen a comprehensive look at the year that was and I imagine we can get it at least posted at WO.com and Liveaudiowrestling.com. I am doing it per story, rather than month by month. Those stories can follow fighters, fights, television shows, and events. I plan on including fight reviews as well, since there were lots of good ones.

If anyone is interested, say what you'd be interested in writing and I'll put it together.

Some possible topics:

Fedor vs. Cro Cop

Takanori Gomi and BU-SHOOTO

Bushido the Tournament

The Rise of Shogun

The fall of Wanderlei Silva

Joachim Hansen

Georges St. Pierre

Chuck Liddell

Evan Tanner and Rich Franklin

Andrei Arlovski

TUF 1

TUF 2

I think broad-sweeping topics that can cover the year rather than just one point in time are best, but if anyone wants to just write a short piece, that'll be cool as well. We have some good writers here, I hope to get something together to show that.

Guest Amy Ace
So yeah, I've enjoyed 2005 way too much not to glorify it in an immensely melo-dramatic fashion. I don't have a place to put it yet, obviously it will be posted here, but I'll shop it around to different websites as well, since I haven't really seen a comprehensive look at the year that was and I imagine we can get it at least posted at WO.com and Liveaudiowrestling.com. I am doing it per story, rather than month by month. Those stories can follow fighters, fights, television shows, and events. I plan on including fight reviews as well, since there were lots of good ones.

If anyone is interested, say what you'd be interested in writing and I'll put it together.

Some possible topics:

Fedor vs. Cro Cop

Takanori Gomi and BU-SHOOTO

Bushido the Tournament

The Rise of Shogun

The fall of Wanderlei Silva

Joachim Hansen

Georges St. Pierre

Chuck Liddell

Evan Tanner and Rich Franklin

Andrei Arlovski

TUF 1

TUF 2

I think broad-sweeping topics that can cover the year rather than just one point in time are best, but if anyone wants to just write a short piece, that'll be cool as well. We have some good writers here, I hope to get something together to show that.

I think the TUF phenomenon and the meteoric rise of the UFC have to be the years biggest stories. On the UFC side, I'd also go with the new champions of AA, Franklin, and Liddell. The rises of GSP, Diego and Forrest. And the huge announcements that will shape 2006, in the return of Frank Mir, B.J. Penn and Ken and Tito on TUF 3.

As far as Pride goes, I think the debut on FSN was pretty big. Along with the breakout of Shogun. Wandy finally faltering. Fedor's continued dominance. Bushido and the rises of Takanori Gomi and Hayato Sakurai and Dan Henderson and Murilo Bustamante.

In other MMA, the passing of the legislation to sanction events in CA was pretty big. Icon's exclusive accquisitions of Mayhem and Lawler. The rise of mma in Canada with the continued success of TKO and the inaugural Freedom Fight. And the breakout year of rising stars Matt Horwich, Scott Smith, and Justin Levens.

Edited by Amy Ace