TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Wrestling Underground PPV

Not sure if anyone even has seen this, likely not, but there is a $10 ppv running on In Demand now that is basically a promotion put together to try to capitalize on the ECW revival of last year. This was the promotion that Joey Styles was intially attached to. Instead of Styles they now have Scott Hudson doing the announcing. Saw it over the weekend and it was, well, different. It's certainly a day late and a dollar short, as the production and such was similar to ECW (I believe it is even ran by the old ECW team, who also runs Women's Extreme Wrestling) but it really was nothing impressive at all. The matches they had on the show was:

CW Anderson v. Mikey Whipwreck (only match on the card even over **)

Rodney Mack v. Pitpull Gary Wolfe

DDP v. Justin Credible (WTF is Page doing on an ECW homage ppv?)

Murder-One and New Jack v. Balls and Axl

The funny thing about this was that they taped this at the old WCW Saturday Night theatre studio in Atlanta, and for whatever reason, they couldnt even come close to filling the place and it looked REALLY bad on the ppv. We're talking like maybe 50 people max at the show.

Just curious if anyone saw this craptastic show? Reminded me of Heroes of Wrestling in a way, and not in a good way! Apparently they are doing another one for March 06, weird. Here is the website for anyone interested in knowing more...

www.thewrestlingunderground.com

Yeah it was only an hour long. Everyone on the show except DDP and Credible cut backstage promos too, in between matches. Pretty basic shit and I emphasize SHIT.

Guest slamers

yeah i guess there was no promotion for the show whatsoever. i'm not sure if that was because joey styles couldn't be involved (wwe contractual bs) or what the deal is.

I live in Atlanta and this is the first I've heard of this.

The taping was this past August.

Apparently the men's matches were after a Women's Extreme Wrestling taping, so the fans were pissed after having to sit through 2 hours of crappy women's wrestling.

Guest Psycho_Freak

I Seen the Ad for this.... I Was Wondering What The Heck is DDP doing in Wrestling in General

Guest Lady Whipwreck

HAHAH yesss, that was a funny promo that Mikey did!! I remember!