TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

I think Boston would be fine with Toivonen as the starter, they just don't have any solid 2nd or 3rd line players. I think Glen Murray or Brian Leetch will be headed out too so that the B's can get some help for the future, because they can't be thinking that they are going to the playoffs this year.

Oh no doubt that Hannu's #1 until proven otherwise. But to deal a talent like Raycroft, I'd expect something good for the upcoming seasons. Dealing for Conklin (someone who has yet to prove himself as a #1) and a 35 year old defenseman isn't exactly what I had in mind.

I'd welcome a trade with Buffalo for one of their goalies, but I think Biron will be the one that they trade and they'll likely command high return for him. I'd like Noronen, but I think they're going to stick with Miller/Noronen and deal Biron.

Murray will probably be gone, but I worry about his return as someone will likely just throw picks/C-level players at MOC to make the deal. Leetch...I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay. He's been the only constant on defense all season.

Change the "or" to "and" in between the names Murray and Leetch, Kot909. I'm presuming that both will be moved.

As much as I love Murray, it's been pretty obvious that without a playmaking center behind the net or at the half-boards feeding him the puck, he's not as good of a scorer as he seemed. And MOC was smart enough to trade the only player that fit that description. Move Murray to open up some cap space for the future.

And while Leetch is only a one-year deal (so it's not like he's an albatross on the cap <coughZHAMNOVcough>) he deserves to have one more run in the playoffs. It'd be fitting to trade him to the Rangers, to let him end the career in NY. But, knowing MOC he'll be moved to a team that's nowhere near a playoff spot, for an overpaid player that has like 3 years left on his contract.

I wouldn't mind seeing the B's start their rebuilding process with Boyes, Bergeron, Samsonov & Sturm as the prime forwards, and Stuart, Boynton, Alberts & Jurcina on the blue line. Keep Hannu as the goalie and get a veteran back-up to play 25 or 30 games next year & mentor Toivonen.

I don't think that Edmonton can really make any trades with anyone unless they want to give up Marc-Andre Bergeron or Jarrett Stoll. They wouldn't give up those guys easily, and they aren't going to trade Conklin either.

I think Biron's going to be headed to Colorado or Buffalo unless they hang onto him, which they should.

I'd take Glen Murray back in LA so quickly, but I don't think it's scoring that we need.

EDIT:

Change the "or" to "and" in between the names Murray and Leetch, Kot909. I'm presuming that both will be moved.

Yeah, I think Leetch is headed back to the Rags unless he refuses.

I always thought Cross would do good in Edmonton. Way off there.

Montreal needs a number one defenceman also. Markov/Souray can't hold a PP that good together, Rivet and Dandenault are good solid hitters, but not smart. I hate Boullion, and Streit is okay. Komisarik is streaky at times too.

I hate to say this but, I miss Breisbois.

For what it's worth, I think Markov is going to be a great player within the near future. I like him a lot.

http://tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=150743&hubName=main

Luongo turns down a 5/30 contract from the Panthers. He's most definitely gone at the deadline.

http://tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=150719&hubName=main

Claude Julien and his assistant Rick Green have been fired by Montreal.

Holy cow. I just said "WOW!" aloud upon reading those.

So where's Luongo going? With Luongo essentially on the market, does that effectively keep Biron in Buffalo?

I really don't think Julien was the problem, but if anyone can light a fire under Ribero and Bonk, it'll be Gainey.

And Scuba, while you're not incorrect, the Habs still don't have a policeman, and havent for about 7 years.

To, I think nskie, who said Markov was going to be really good someday...we heard that one 3 years ago. We're in big trouble if we cant beat the Sharks tonight...Tampa, Atlanta and New Jersey all won yesterday.

The rumor being kicked around when Montreal was in Colorado was Theodore and I forget who for Tanguay and Aebischer.

Should I find it innovative or just sad that NBC, IMO, is doing more in the first period of their first game of coverage to market the stars than the NHL ever has. The "star clock" that shows when the stars, Forsberg/Sakic in Colorado/Philly case, are on the ice is pretty damn brilliant.

I've been flipping back and forth for the first few minutes, but I'm going to stick with the Flyers game. I'm glad NBC has that star clock thing, it's good to put a spotlight on the best players.

Also, I've gotta mention that Brian Heyward is a HELL of a lot better when he's not doing a Ducks game.

I've been flipping back and forth for the first few minutes, but I'm going to stick with the Flyers game. I'm glad NBC has that star clock thing, it's good to put a spotlight on the best players.

Also, I've gotta mention that Brian Heyward is a HELL of a lot better when he's not doing a Ducks game.

Heyward last night: Ovechkin steamrolled by Vishnevski!"

This was after Ovechkin practically ran over Vishnevski like he was an NFL running back plowing through a DB.

Nah, that was Severyn, the radio guy that had to do TV. Regarding last night, I think if Ovechkin had one decent linemate, this guy would be leading the scoring race by far. 2 of his 3 goals came when there was really no way that he had any right to score, and he was steamrolling Anaheim's defenseman all night.

The rumor being kicked around when Montreal was in Colorado was Theodore and I forget who for Tanguay and Aebischer.

Makes sense, but I don't see him going to Colorado after the success Roy enjoyed there. Also, do the Habs need an iffy goalie when they have 3 or 4 between Montreal and Hamilton?

I think Aebischer just needs a change in scenery. He can play.

I am so disgusted after tonight. Ugh.

Nah, that was Severyn, the radio guy that had to do TV. Regarding last night, I think if Ovechkin had one decent linemate, this guy would be leading the scoring race by far. 2 of his 3 goals came when there was really no way that he had any right to score, and he was steamrolling Anaheim's defenseman all night.

Anaheim needs Gunner Stahl

Bruins beat the Ducks in OT in an afternoon game. They had a 2-0 lead but ended up tied 3-3. Bergeron and Sturm work together very well (two goals on the 2-on-1 scenerio, including an acrobatic play from Bergeron to get Sturm's second goal). This set up their 2-on-1 in OT, after passing on both 2-on-1's in regulation, Bergeron lasered one through Bryzgalof for the win.

Also of note was Alexander Ovechkin's goal in the Washington/Phoenix game this afternoon. Basically, he got knocked down in the left faceoff dot and while sliding towards the corner (not even facing the goal), he somehow got a strong enough shot off to score. Really has to be seen to be believed.

Also of note was Alexander Ovechkin's goal in the Washington/Phoenix game this afternoon. Basically, he got knocked down in the left faceoff dot and while sliding towards the corner (not even facing the goal), he somehow got a strong enough shot off to score. Really has to be seen to be believed.

Tht was fucking amazing. It was a backhander that he lifted off the ice and it was the goal of the year. This kid is insane.

I'm going to watch all Washington games that don't coincide with Kings games from now on. It's going to be painful to sit through the other guys, but I've gotta see more Ovechkin.

Ovechkin is easily going to win the Calder and may have a semi-legit shot at the Rocket Richard trophy. That goal has absolutely gotta be seen to be believed. At this point I rank it up there with Spezza's goal earlier in the year.

Bruins beat the Ducks in OT in an afternoon game. They had a 2-0 lead but ended up tied 3-3. Bergeron and Sturm work together very well (two goals on the 2-on-1 scenerio, including an acrobatic play from Bergeron to get Sturm's second goal). This set up their 2-on-1 in OT, after passing on both 2-on-1's in regulation, Bergeron lasered one through Bryzgalof for the win.

max, how about Samonov getting caught with the illegal stick? Isn't it pretty much common knowledge that even if you use an illegal stick in the first or second, it's wise to switch back to a legal one in the 3rd, especially in a one-goal game?

And if Thomas keeps playing reasonably well in net, I'd say that Raycroft gets moved once Hannu is back & healthy.

Habs won two in a row.

So its safe to say I can wear my Habs jersey with pride now.

* Did so today to the office.

Does anyone else still think it's kinda weird to hear "This is X Team's last game against the Western Conference this year?", which there's been a lot of since Friday?

The Bruins played their last game outside of the Eastern time zone a few weeks ago, which means the same thing as the 'last game versus the Western Conf' but sounds even more drastic.

I hate, hate HATE the imbalanced schedule.

According to rumours in both Edmonton and New York...unbelievable trade rumour going around that would see Theodore to the Oilers for Schremp, Dvorak, Conklin, and possibly one other player. Not sure who the source was in New York but the guy who is talking about this on the radio station in Edmonton knew about the Peca deal the morning it happened and knew the players that would be dealt for Pronger. To me this makes absolutely no sense for Montreal but i've seen stranger things happen. I have to go to work now till 12, hopefully when I get back something happened. I doubt it though.