TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

The Rangers out play the Lightning the entire game, but thanks to Nylander missing an open net in the 2nd, and getting caught on a breakaway in OT, the Rangers lose on a stuff in. The unability for anyone to score on this team not on the first line is killing this team.

Apparently pouring beer and hot water simulatenously on a tattoo doesn't remove it.

The Habs tat will stay on my right arm, despite the fact they fucking suck. Who lets in six goals to the Penguins?

This is interesting:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.-- Alexander Mogilny was placed on waivers by the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday, a day after the return of Patrik Elias.

Elias was back in the lineup Tuesday night against Florida after missing several months with hepatitis.

With Mogilny on the bench, Elias took his place and assisted on one of Brian Gionta's two goals in the 3-0 victory.

After the game, coach Lou Lamoriello would only say that Mogilny was a healthy scratch. On Wednesday, he said the move was "strictly a personnel decision."

Mogilny, who scored 43 goals for the Devils' Stanley Cup-winning team in 2000, was re-signed for a reported $7 million over two years in August after playing three seasons with Toronto. The forward was third on the Devils in scoring this season with 12 goals and 13 assists in 34 games but had not scored in his last six games.

From ESPN via AP

Apparently pouring beer and hot water simulatenously on a tattoo doesn't remove it.

The Habs tat will stay on my right arm, despite the fact they fucking suck. Who lets in six goals to the Penguins?

The Pens are slowly righting the ship. The team is thriving under Therrien. Crosby was jacked to play for his favorite childhood team last night and it showed and rubbed off on everyone else. Crosby could have had at least 2 goals in the first period after the one he rung off the crossbar. I will say though that after the Habs came back and made it 4-3...I was shaking my head.

The difference now under Therrien is that after letting up 4 straight goals, the Pens fought back, where under Olczyk they would have curled up and died.

You wonder if that one poster for the Lightning still cheering for them.

I'm still here you fucking Quebecer, my job doesnt allow me to post much anymore.

HAHA.

FAN 590 in Toronto says that Eric Lindros will be out until at least after the Olympic break, possibly for the year due to his torn wrist ligament that will not heal.

It's funny because:

1. He's Eric Lindros

2. He plays for the Leafs

3. He's Eric Lindros

Jason Allison's next in line, I'm sure.

^ Hey, if us Bruins fans can get over our dislike of Allison, you Kings fans should, too. I was actually hoping the B's would offer him a short-money contract (with heavy incentives) and have him be the #2 center behind Thornton. Instead, MOC threw big money at a lesser center (Zhamnov).

And a question for you, Kot909: Did Ken Belanger do ANYTHING for your boys this year, before his retirement? I was so stoked to see him back in the NHL, only to see him retire pretty quickly. Was he even playing, or was he just a healthy scratch more often than not??

HAHA.

FAN 590 in Toronto says that Eric Lindros will be out until at least after the Olympic break, possibly for the year due to his torn wrist ligament that will not heal.

Good riddance.

The Pens are slowly righting the ship. The team is thriving under Therrien. Crosby was jacked to play for his favorite childhood team last night and it showed and rubbed off on everyone else. Crosby could have had at least 2 goals in the first period after the one he rung off the crossbar. I will say though that after the Habs came back and made it 4-3...I was shaking my head.

The difference now under Therrien is that after letting up 4 straight goals, the Pens fought back, where under Olczyk they would have curled up and died.

Wonders why Montreal would get rid of Therrien in the first place. Montreal has made some stupid decisions when hiring coaches. Hell I always thought that Alan Vingaleut(sp) was a good coach for Montreal when they had the injury riddle season.

^ Hey, if us Bruins fans can get over our dislike of Allison, you Kings fans should, too. I was actually hoping the B's would offer him a short-money contract (with heavy incentives) and have him be the #2 center behind Thornton. Instead, MOC threw big money at a lesser center (Zhamnov).

And a question for you, Kot909: Did Ken Belanger do ANYTHING for your boys this year, before his retirement? I was so stoked to see him back in the NHL, only to see him retire pretty quickly. Was he even playing, or was he just a healthy scratch more often than not??

I can't get over my dislike of Allison, because he's ruined lots of great chances for us.

Nope, Ken Belanger didn't play. It's sad, because with all of our big guys out, we could have used him.

The Lindros injury could be ok, since that would mean his asking price for next year would be low, too. Fuck, that guy's made of fucking glass.

I always feel bad for Lindros. He may have overbearing parents he lets make too many decisions, but he always played his hardest on the ice. Pepole seem to hate him b/c he has horible luck and is so injury prone which you can't blame him for. (Flyers fan btw).

I dislike Lindros for fucking teammate's wives more than anything he did on the ice or for being such a bitch after getting drafted by the Nordiques.

Nope, Ken Belanger didn't play. It's sad, because with all of our big guys out, we could have used him.
Belanger was immediately my favorite Bruin when they picked him up. The guy got game misconducts his first two games, both in the first period, and both times for pummeling a guy that had cheapshotted a Bruin. He knew his role and did it well.

I only own two B's sweaters: a Bourque black sweater (home now, but it was a road one when I got it) and a Belanger white sweater. It sucked to see him get the footage of him getting KO'ed as a King, since that fight ended his career.

So, I went to the Bruins/Sens game last night. It's amazing how much more confidence the team & fans have in Toivenen than in Raycroft. You could almost feel the nervousness when everyone saw #1 skating to the crease for the start of the third. He let in one, but played well enough. And it's laughable how disliked Gill is in Boston. I mean, there were kids that were like 6 or 7 jumping in on the taunting of big Hal.

The Flames pass the halfway point with a 1-0 win over Toronto in the Saddle. They finish the first half of the season at 25-12-4, good for first in the Northwest and third in the West.

That game was good because Marchment is hopefully gone forever.

I thought at first that it would be Allison getting the worst of it, sadly it wasn't. Fun to see 2 guys who I don't like nearly taking each other out.

Edited by Kingofthe909

Yeah, I don't wanna see Marchment in the red again. I figured he'd do as a #7 guy at the league minimum, but Regehr v.2 has played better than Marchment at the same salary.

You wonder if that one poster for the Lightning still cheering for them.

I'm still here you fucking Quebecer, my job doesnt allow me to post much anymore.

Your three best players are from Quebec and the Maritimes, you know.

Is anyone watching HDIC?

Some pretty good grass roots stuff, as always. And of course, the all-Canadian triple header. The Habs are up on Ottawa 4-1 with seconds to play in the second frame.

I'm an Edmonton fan in Ontario. The Oilers HAVE to win this hockey game tonight or I won't hear the end of it from all my buddies. I ask the Leafs to do me one favour by beating Calgary and they can't even do that. No wonder I hate them so much.

The Flames lose 4-3 in overtime to the Vancouver Fucking Cheaters in what was the most blatant screwjob I have ever seen in all my years of watching this fucking sport. Fucking unbelievable calls (and non-calls) by the refs in the last 10 minutes decide it.

Fucking bullshit. If nobody gets fired for this, I'm going to seriously reconsider watching this fucking farce ever again.

The Flames lead 3-1. A Canuck guy skates right past Rhett Warrener. There is no contact... Warrener goes for "cross-checking." Anson Carter scores on the powerplay. 3-2.

With 2:00 left, Kristian Huselius goes into the corner of the Canucks zone and steals the puck, despite being held by a Canuck defenseman. Holding the stick on Huselius. The Canuck-homer team of Hughson and Millen couldn't even find it.

Bertuzzi trips over his own stick 30 seconds later. Regehr goes off for tripping. 6-on-3 for Vancouver, and Sami Salo scores. 3-3.

The Flames kill the second penalty in OT. Seconds later, Bertuzzi tries to rush through the Flames' defense and falls down. Two for tripping on Leopold. Iginla gets the puck off the faceoff and tries the same thing. The Canuck guy grabs Iggy's jersey and water-skis him from the blueline to the faceoff circle... no call. The Canucks rush up-ice and score. 4-3 Canucks.

A screwjob that would make Vince proud.