TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
claydude14

Edge is the new WWE Champion

This might be giving the WWE too much credit, but...

1. They haven't really built any one guy as super-strong. There's not a guy (or two) like last year who we KNOW is gonna win the Rumble. Outside of the WWE and World Champions, no one has been dominant. Not that it's a totally even field -- we all know that Kid Kash ain't headlining Mania -- but it could really be anyone.

2. Edge is literally feuding with no one. He has a built-in rematch and feud with Cena, which really has one match in it and that's about it. After the Royal Rumble, our champ's schedule is pretty open.

With that in mind...could they be building to Edge vs. Matt Hardy at Wrestlemania?

Hardy, as he's fond of saying, "will not die," and it'd fit in with his character perfectly to show up on Edge's radar after months on a different show. As we saw with Benoit two years ago, the RR winner can change shows if he so desires. And while neither man is the pinnacle of overness, they had a hot feud over the summer, and they could probably reprise it easily enough.

And of course, if you believe Matt Hardy, he was always saying "watch me in six months"...we're coming up on that. Just saying...

Guest Princess Leena

Matt Hardy in a world title match at WM would be the worst mistake ever.

Considering that people have talked about Flair fighting for the World Title at Mania I doubt Hardy is the worst mistake they could make.

I say that Flair should fight Edge to continue their feud, and allow the feud to have an ending, but it shouldn't be at WM. The Flair program should either just be on RAW, and and at the very most ending at the Royal Rumble.

Whatever happens, Edge should be the champ going into WM this year.

The problem with Edge/RVD at Mania is that RVD will HAVE to win the title to keep the tradition of "face wins the world title" at the event and I don't see WWE giving the title to Van Dam anytime soon.

Fans will be mega pissed if Edge leaves WM as the world champ.

Edge/RVD isn't going to happen at WM if a world title is involved, period. If RVD is going to be on the show, he'll be in a match with someone like Shelton or something in the opening match.

The tradition of the face always picking up the win at WM ended anyway, so that doesn't matter either. Besides, with the brand split they have two world titles, so a face can win one and a heel can still win the other, it's not a big deal.

With that in mind...could they be building to Edge vs. Matt Hardy at Wrestlemania?

Hardy, as he's fond of saying, "will not die," and it'd fit in with his character perfectly to show up on Edge's radar after months on a different show. As we saw with Benoit two years ago, the RR winner can change shows if he so desires. And while neither man is the pinnacle of overness, they had a hot feud over the summer, and they could probably reprise it easily enough.

And of course, if you believe Matt Hardy, he was always saying "watch me in six months"...we're coming up on that. Just saying...

Matt Hardy said all this stuff before he decided to piss off The Undertaker by refusing to take a chokeslam at Survivor Series. You can forget about anything that he would have been doing at this point when he said that 6 months ago.

Guest JMA
Edge/RVD isn't going to happen at WM if a world title is involved, period. If RVD is going to be on the show, he'll be in a match with someone like Shelton or something in the opening match.

I'm just hoping that they don't put Edge against someone predictable, like Cena, Triple H, or HBK. That would suck.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Matt Hardy said all this stuff before he decided to piss off The Undertaker by refusing to take a chokeslam at Survivor Series. You can forget about anything that he would have been doing at this point when he said that 6 months ago.

Yeah, Matt was worried about his "momentum" or some such nonsense. He's a mark for himself on Bret Hart levels

Guest JMA

Yeah, Matt was worried about his "momentum" or some such nonsense. He's a mark for himself on Bret Hart levels

Please. Taker overreacted to that whole situation.

Not that Undertaker has the problem of course... :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping that they don't put Edge against someone predictable, like Cena, Triple H, or HBK. That would suck.

I agree with the guys who suggested that he feud with Angle. I wouldn't do it right away though, because I really think that the Edge/Flair feud deserves an actual ending. Go with Edge/Flair for now up through Royal Rumble, and during that time have Angle/Cena go at it to officially finish their feud as well, with the stipulation being that the winner gets a shot at Edge or something. Have Edge/Flair end at RR, and have Cena/Angle end on the same PPV. Then the next night on RAW, we go full blast with Edge/Angle.

Not only would it make sense, since Angle would feel like he was robbed and cheated since someone went around him to instantly get the title, but they do have a back story together, so they could really build up their past with one another.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Please. Taker overreacted to that whole situation.

Neither man is in the right, but the idea that Matt Hardy thinks he's too big or important to take a move from a four time world champion is absolutely absurd; The idea that he thought his character had momentum even more so.

Guest JMA

Not that Undertaker has the problem of course... :rolleyes:

Indeed. The real "mark for himself" in that situation is Taker.

Guest JMA
Fatal Four Way Match at WM:

Edge vs HBK vs HHH vs Cena

The twist?

A MCMAHON IN EVERY CORNER!!!!!!!!!111111111

Maybe Edge is the true father of Stephanie's baby.

Guest Samantha
Fatal Four Way Match at WM:

Edge vs HBK vs HHH vs Cena

The twist?

A MCMAHON IN EVERY CORNER!!!!!!!!!111111111

Oh the memories :D

Guest Fook

I like Edge/Flair at the Rumble. It'll be a good way to end that feud plus it allows the bigger names like Angle, Cena, and HHH to be in the rumble match itself.

I don't know if Angle should win the rumble though. I like the idea of a SD guy winning (Rey?) and challenging Batista while Angle gets the WM title shot another way. They could even do a mini-angle where Edge is trying to convince the winner of the rumble match to choose to face him since he knows Angle will beat him.

I like Edge/Flair at the Rumble. It'll be a good way to end that feud plus it allows the bigger names like Angle, Cena, and HHH to be in the rumble match itself.

I don't know if Angle should win the rumble though. I like the idea of a SD guy winning (Rey?) and challenging Batista while Angle gets the WM title shot another way. They could even do a mini-angle where Edge is trying to convince the winner of the rumble match to choose to face him since he knows Angle will beat him.

That doesn't fit Edge. Edge's recent character embraces confrontation and to cause trouble, he wouldn't run from Angle. He would simply fuck with his head.

Edited by Hawk 34

I really don't like Cena. I'm glad the title is off of him. I really don't like Edge. He isn't an excellent actor/wrestler, and really has no outstanding skills nor crowd heat. I appreciate the "surprise" of last night but I'm apathetic going into RAW tonight and into WrestleMania.

Guest Boobie

I can't believe I'm the first one to say this but I know who could feud with Edge.

The guy that created the money in the bank, and was good friends with Edge before he was "fired" and that man is Chris Jericho.