TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
claydude14

Edge is the new WWE Champion

I think the "Edge becomes Vince's boy" storyline is the best way to do things if they want Edge to go all the way to 22 with the belt. Problem is, do the fans want to spend $50 for Edge/HBK or Edge/HHH or Edge/Cena even? I know, people will buy WrestleMania because it's WrestleMania, but I don't think Edge being champ will help things unless, like HTQ says, they push Edge and push him HARD.

Keeping Cena as a face isn't an option at this point. The guy is getting booed out of almost EVERY building he's been in for the past 3 months (the exception being his hometown where got a sorta lukewarm pop).

They don't need Edge to be Vince's boy really, since there's nothing terribly corporate about his image. If anything lately he's been the rebel who is doing his talk show and doing wild shoot comments.

I've thought about it and I'd do Hogan/Cena now at WM for the nuclear crowd heat it would get. Edge can face whoever for the title, but what would HHH do? I'm thinking JBL, they have to have a Raw/SD match.

The one big problem with Edge as WWE Champion now...

Without the Money In The Bank briefcase, he's going to have to adjust his weapon shots.

He has the belt, so problem solved...or I'm sure people wouldn't mind seeing Lita used as a weapon lol.

Styles: Edge just struck Kane right over the head with Lita!! :lol:

The one big problem with Edge as WWE Champion now...

Without the Money In The Bank briefcase, he's going to have to adjust his weapon shots.

He has the belt, so problem solved...or I'm sure people wouldn't mind seeing Lita used as a weapon lol.

Styles: Edge just struck Kane right over the head with Lita!! :lol:

I didn't say he can't DO them anymore, I said he'd have to adjust HOW he does them.

A championship belt and a metal briefcase are two entirely different entities.

And the striking someone with Lita was funny to me.

Quick note about something: JBL and Cena's title reigns match in length by days. I think time-duration wise Cena's is longer, but I could be wrong.

Edited by ChrisMWaters

Guest JMA

I wouldn't object to Cena taking some time off and then coming back before WrestleMania. Hell, they could also bring back Bischoff and Three Minute Warning with him.

As for Edge, I second the idea of an RVD vs. Edge match at WrestleMania. The two of them apparently even like each other and their styles would certainly mesh well.

Guest JMA

Who would win another MITB match?

Ideally, someone they have plans for and want to build up.

That's not a good sign.

There's no way Edge is keeping the title until WrestleMania. This reminds me of when Foley won the title in January of 99 and everyone kept wondering what they were going to do for Mania. Obviously you knew it was going to be Rock Austin, but the trick was seeing how they were going to get the belt back to Rock. This year, the title matches at Mania aren't so obvious, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I for one, didn't want Cena's reign to end, because I like long title reigns, but the reactions to him clearly meant that he had to drop the title.

I for one, didn't want Cena's reign to end, because I like long title reigns, but the reactions to him clearly meant that he had to drop the title.

Um...Cena's title reign, days wise, is just as long as JBL's at 280 days.

At least that's what Wikipedia's thing said...(goes to check again)

Guest InuYasha

Signs of the Apocalypse

1. George W. bush being re-elected: Check

2. Brokeback Mountain: Check

3. Edge winning WWE Title: Check

Edited by InuYasha

Signs of the Apocalypse

1. Geaorge W. bush being re-elected: Check

2. Brokeback Mountain: Check

3. Edge winning WWE Title: Check

Steph and HHH as parents to be.

I think it would make a hell of a lot of sense to have an Edge/Flair match. I mean, that is who Edge has been feuding with for weeks, and their match tonight didn't really have a real winner.

Edge was disqualified after hitting Flair in the head with the briefcase, which of course contained his MITB contract...and then Edge went on to use that very contract later in the night, and won the title as a result of it.

I can imagine an Edge/Cena rematch tomorrow night, and Flair gets involved somehow. Either attacking Edge after Edge picks up the win, or attacking Edge during the match giving Cena the win by DQ.

I know that none of you want to see Flair as champ, and I know that none of you want to see that happen, but to me this makes more sense than anything else they could do right away. It sure as hell makes more sense than Edge/HHH, or other programs proposed so far.

Most people have loved the Edge/Flair feud so far, and Flair hasn't even been on the stick at all the entire time. It's been a heated, almost oldschool, feud and this could take it to the next level, and really put Edge over long term.

I think it would make a hell of a lot of sense to have an Edge/Flair match. I mean, that is who Edge has been feuding with for weeks, and their match tonight didn't really have a real winner.

Edge was disqualified after hitting Flair in the head with the briefcase, which of course contained his MITB contract...and then Edge went on to use that very contract later in the night, and won the title as a result of it.

I can imagine an Edge/Cena rematch tomorrow night, and Flair gets involved somehow. Either attacking Edge after Edge picks up the win, or attacking Edge during the match giving Cena the win by DQ.

I know that none of you want to see Flair as champ, and I know that none of you want to see that happen, but to me this makes more sense than anything else they could do right away. It sure as hell makes more sense than Edge/HHH, or other programs proposed so far.

Most people have loved the Edge/Flair feud so far, and Flair hasn't even been on the stick at all the entire time. It's been a heated, almost oldschool, feud and this could take it to the next level, and really put Edge over long term.

That'd put Edge over as a major threat and legit champion, a main event program with old man flair.

HTQ is right about Cena, essentially Cena has to remain the same old babyface that he is right now. Meaning DO NOT CHANGE HIS CHARACTER.

The decision to place the title on Edge was the right move because Cena was bombing as champion and the right move was putting it on Edge.

Someone on the DVD boards suggested that Flair would win the WWE Title on RAW in 2 weeks in Charlotte and then job it to HHH at WM22.

That could very well happen. Knowing WWE logic, and knowing that HHH & WWE logic are one in the same, that could very well happen.

Who would win another MITB match?

Ideally, someone they have plans for and want to build up.

So...either Masters or Carlito then.

They could do it on Smackdown and have Randy Orton win it.

What if Rey won the Rumble but choose Edge? They teamed during the Smackdown Six Era and had some RAW/Smackdown! run ins late last year...

Well, if Rey wants to permanently stay away from the Cruiserweight Division that's a good way to do it.

However, personally I'd rather see Rey with the World Heavyweight Championship. Because he should have had that style of belt back at that one Spring Break-Out Nitro when he face then World Champion Ric Flair by pool-side.

All I have to say is....its about time something "unexpected" happen at a WWE event...

My thoughts exactly . I like this . I have really gained interest in Edge's heel persona he has been carrying here lately . The whole gimmick with the slutty whore on his jock makes him a good heel champ IMO . A storyline with him against a face Kurt Angle would be nice .

I wonder if they'll change the style of the belt.

Considering that when Vince was going to strip Cena of the title in September and award it to Kurt Angle and he had the traditional WWE title belt with him, I'd say it's a safe bet Edge shows up tomorrow with the real belt. The guys who dethroned Austin when he had the smokin' skull belt always reverted back to the regular belt within a week or two.

If Edge wants a major face pop on Raw, he should take Cena's title belt and smash it in the ring with a hammer, like Mr. Perfect did to Hogan's belt in the locker room in the 80s on SNME.